Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

chitoryu12 posted:

The first sign everyone should have had that Thor was temporarily replaced by someone else.

Surely the first sign is that his word bubbles look different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And that he doesn't speak Like this?

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

chitoryu12 posted:

The first sign everyone should have had that Thor was temporarily replaced by someone else.

It took the Avengers and the MU in general WAAAAAAAY too long to figure out Thor was a different guy.

“He grew a beard over night, talks really differently, and seems to have no idea how to use his powers.... Nope, nothing different here!!”

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hellboy is great.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorry Hal. Hahahahahahahhhhhh

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

just delete both of those characters dc

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Say Nothing posted:

loving hell.

And people said he had no imagination.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say Nothing posted:

loving hell.

Don't be ridiculous Hal, of course you're a child molester!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

Hellboy is great.

The Shape Of Water Director's Cut is nuts

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hellboy 2 was on the other day and it really is quite fishfucky in retrospect

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Hellboy 2 was on the other day and it really is quite fishfucky in retrospect

I put it on in the background myself the other day while I worked since I hadn't seen it since the theaters. And yeah, Abe was going to get lucky.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Does anybody know the background to this one?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

What restaurant did the writer or artist go to where it’s super fancy Chinese, formal attire required, with the service wearing white suits and fortune cookies are served on a fancy plate? Cuz I want that experience.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

FAT BATMAN posted:

What restaurant did the writer or artist go to where it’s super fancy Chinese, formal attire required, with the service wearing white suits and fortune cookies are served on a fancy plate? Cuz I want that experience.

Reminds me of the restaurant in American Psycho where everyone was eating balogna sandwiches and meatloaf

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The moment Clint realizes he’s only useful as Hawkeye.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

i'd probably be a super villain too if my head was a lumpy penis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

Just imagine what his penis must look like.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Soonmot posted:

Hey... Thanks for the job suggestion!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

evilmiera posted:

I guess they were storing it just nearby. For safekeeping. In a giant box marked T.N.T.

(As for the logic of not using a nuke when that would be so much smarter, I'm guessing the author didn't want to include nukes in this kind of story, for kids and all that. Not that there aren't some particularly gruesome stories about T.N.T out there.)

Yeah, I think to most kids, Nukes=End of the World, TNT=Coyote gets his face blackened.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Red posted:

Does anybody know the background to this one?

Detective #578, art by Todd McFarlane.

The woman is Rachel Caspian, who finds out her father is an violently insane vigilante, dumps Bruce Wayne, and becomes a nun.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jordan7hm posted:

I had to squint a bit to figure out what was happening in Panel 3 and how it wasn't someone preparing to unleash an aggressive buttfuck

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FAT BATMAN posted:

I've been to restaurants where they did the 'fortune cookies on a plate' thing. Not the white suit thing though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jordan7hm posted:

During the Kree-Skrull War, I think he had a similar realization. Unless he realized it backwards. My books are all still in moving boxes. :(

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

funtax posted:

Detective #578, art by Todd McFarlane.

The woman is Rachel Caspian, who finds out her father is an violently insane vigilante, dumps Bruce Wayne, and becomes a nun.

Wasn’t this part of the Batman: Year Two run (4 issues, IIRC)? Absolute trash, though it had one good idea: the antagonist’s character design, which was lifted for the Mask of the Phantasm animated movie.

Year Two crapped over Batman: Year One so harshly that it took twenty-five years for someone to manage to take an even bigger, stinkier, runny-diarrheal poo poo on Year One. (Kevin Smith, I’m looking at you.)

I’m sure Pym particles are at least part of the reason Clint is a mini-giant and I don’t really care about the rest of the explanation (unless it’s interesting or funny). What I do care about is why his costume is a mix between Captain Metropolis’s “night on the town” getup mixed with some overalls he won in a pumpkin-growin’ contest, capped off by one of those harnesses that claim to improve your posture. (The last might be part of Cap Metro’s chase figure’s outfit, though.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Squirrel Girl #32

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Saint Freak posted:

Squirrel Girl #32

Kraven seems like the type of character to get mixed up in all sorts of wackyness, especially with Squirrel Girl and Spider-Man. I'm glad some writers don't take him seriously.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
speaking of secret wars 2 is death still canonically a guy named dave

would love to watch the meltdown thanos has when he finds that out

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Also I'm gonna post his Kra-Van again because it's just so good.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Saint Freak posted:

Krieger would be proud. Though I think it needs a bit more animal print.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

site posted:

That was actually retconned to be a trick. Because Mark Gruenwald thought that retconning this thing rather than just ignoring it was what we really needed.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Saint Freak posted:

Anyone have something solid on the book he’s reading? I got “Apotheosis of Baselessness” but that’s sort of missing something unless there’s a Fake News(tm) joke there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Anyone have something solid on the book he’s reading? I got “Apotheosis of Baselessness” but that’s sort of missing something unless there’s a Fake News(tm) joke there.

I think it's greek, whatever it is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Random Stranger posted:

That was actually retconned to be a trick. Because Mark Gruenwald thought that retconning this thing rather than just ignoring it was what we really needed.

lame

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I think it's greek, whatever it is.

Well, Kraven is Russian so I’m going to go with that. (but I’m pretty Cyrillic uses a lot of the Greek symbols in it’s alphabet)

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
It is Russian and it does mean the Apotheosis of Groundlessness. It is a real book by this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Shestov

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Random Stranger posted:

Love Gru to pieces, but he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too into the nerd tapestry. I'll go to my grave believing the Official Handbook was a mistake.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Nonvalueadded User posted:

апофеоз ьесночвенностй is Apotheosis of Soil?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

site posted:

Dave busting some anime rear end transformation sequence there.

I am become D E A T H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From the 'what were they thinking?' school of superhero fashion...