Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
smooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

by Santana feat. Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
it was about a shark

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Why did the octopus beat the shark

It was better armed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can only assume the weblink in the thread title should be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_anime

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I am just replying here to help get this page filled up so we can move on to the next one, for reasons which are not important.

Choco1980 posted:

My favorite part is that you had this crazy meltdown shortly after registering the account, presumably to distance the taint of your previous screenname, so now everyone's first impression of you is of some sperg that can't stop arguing about shark skin.

I was 100% convinced he was severely autistic until much later.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I am just replying here to help get this page filled up so we can move on to the next one, for reasons which are not important.

Reported for low content posting

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

oldpainless posted:

Reported for low content posting

more like old snitchmore

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Moon Slayer posted:

I was 100% convinced he was severely autistic until much later.

I feel this is a valid reply to about 63,237,156 posts on the forums.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I can only assume the weblink in the thread title should be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_anime

This article doesn’t exist.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:thunk:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

fuckin' trap sprung lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

fuckin' trap sprung lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

That's a deep cut.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

That's a deep cut.

And well-appreciated.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

My faith in humanity restored.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:nws: So this happened in the Cursed Images thread.

:nws: Followed by this.

EDIT: :nws: And then this.

modedit in case you mash the links before reading Antivehicular's post: contains photos of a goon cooking with his own bodily fluids.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:39 on May 30, 2018

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

For those who want context: the links are posts with photos about cooking with bodily fluids. Thanks for not mentioning that, El Penis!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Antivehicular posted:

For those who want context: the links are posts with photos about cooking with bodily fluids. Thanks for not mentioning that, El Penis!

Were the :nws: tags really not enough for you?

By the way, he also posted a link to a website that specializes in bodily fluid recipes. Enjoy. :nws::nms:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Where did all the corn avatars come from? They're cute, and I like them, but this being SomethingAwful, I feel there's a fair chance they have a terrible backstory. They're not just an @dril reference, or something, are they?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Where did all the corn avatars come from? They're cute, and I like them, but this being SomethingAwful, I feel there's a fair chance they have a terrible backstory. They're not just an @dril reference, or something, are they?

Without any examples to go by it's possible they are Skullmund-related.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Without any examples to go by it's possible they are Skullmund-related.

I can't think of any usernames, but they are all over the place. It's a corn cob behind a picket fence.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also assumed they were a dril ref.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its a reference to the dril tweet about being owned and turned into a corncob

A D&D special about the election

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The SAclopedia article for SJWs has aged extremely well extremely fast.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Eox posted:

It's a great microcosm of what killed this site because Lowtax letting those unfunny chucklefucks whining about SJWs have free reign drove off everyone in droves. Anyone who whines they can't be "funny" anymore due to political correctness was never funny to begin with, they're just an rear end in a top hat. If the subforums weren't more of their own mini-communities that still stayed good I would have left a long time ago too. I really do miss the early parts of this decade when the community was large enough where you had all kinds of different goons from different walks of life that always seemed to pop up when stuff went down, like threads about an ongoing event back then could be enthralling. Now its gotten so dead that pretty much anyone who has registered in the last few years are just reregs of broke-brain CHUDs that should have been banned a lot sooner.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 05:55 on Jun 3, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That's a really good summary

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eox posted:

of course it was started by troika

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Accordion Man posted:

Anyone who whines they can't be "funny" anymore due to political correctness was never funny to begin with, they're just an rear end in a top hat.

A-loving-men.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oxxidation posted:

of course it was started by troika

It doesn't really count as a saga, but I've always been fond of some admin (FAU?) changing Troika's name to "ugh its Troika," because sometimes the simplest jokes are the best.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ariong posted:

A-loving-men.

*A-loving-persons

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its a reference to the dril tweet about being owned and turned into a corncob

A D&D special about the election
It's not even actively about the election specifically anymore - there've been a spate of them lately handed out in the D&D Trump thread (which is the closest thing to a general discussion thread there is over there now) and nobody seems to know who's responsible.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

It doesn't really count as a saga, but I've always been fond of some admin (FAU?) changing Troika's name to "ugh its Troika," because sometimes the simplest jokes are the best.

What was his deal, anyway?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Accordion Man posted:

It's a great microcosm of what killed this site because Lowtax letting those unfunny chucklefucks whining about SJWs have free reign drove off everyone in droves. Anyone who whines they can't be "funny" anymore due to political correctness was never funny to begin with, they're just an rear end in a top hat. If the subforums weren't more of their own mini-communities that still stayed good I would have left a long time ago too. I really do miss the early parts of this decade when the community was large enough where you had all kinds of different goons from different walks of life that always seemed to pop up when stuff went down, like threads about an ongoing event back then could be enthralling. Now its gotten so dead that pretty much anyone who has registered in the last few years are just reregs of broke-brain CHUDs that should have been banned a lot sooner.
source your quotes

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I dunno about SJW's, at one point I would've considered myself one although I never posted anywhere else on the net but here and even then I mostly lurk. But I got real tired of the constant outrage and unfocused frustration that comes with being interested in those things. I got fed up of having no agency in those things and moved on to other stuff. I feel like many others on SA have done the same.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I loave A D&D

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Well, have a JRod ReReg.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=222880

Or not.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

who the gently caress is jrod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

source your quotes
Lowtax himself showed the stats for registration over time a while ago and new regs dropped off a cliff right after GBS 2.0 was instituted when before it was quite healthy, like a couple thousand new members a year for a couple of years before October 2013 and then it just utterly nosedived because surprisingly nobody wanted to pay :10bux: for a site that lets hateful, bigoted assholes run around unpunished, especially when up until that point SA was renowned for being one of the few places that actually banned people for that. They eventually cracked down on most of the assholes but the damage already had been long done and the site will probably never recover from it because it ruined SA's reputation.

I also was around for all this first hand so its pretty rich when certain goons just stick their fingers in the ears, ignore the elephant in the room, and just blame Twitter and Facebook for taking all the new members away. (Even though this site was still healthy when Facebook and Twitter had already established themselves.)

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Jun 3, 2018