Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

How else are you going to even have a chance at getting your stuff/car back? Especially if they steal the car, you want the police to know as soon as possible so they can look for it and arrest the guy. If it's some other valuable they can wait for it to show up in a pawn shop or something. Would you people really just stand there yelling at the guy and then when he leaves with your car/stuff, just shrug and say "well, there's nothing I can do, time to go buy a new car" and move on with your day?

You're assuming the cops will even bother. They frequently won't even bother to start investigating a lot of reports. That's especially true if you're from the wrong zip code. In a hell of a lot of places the main purpose of the police is to write as many tickets as possible to generate revenue while roughing up those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if you're a liberal and you do/buy/believe in things only because the guys on the opposite side of you dislike it, or if you're a conservative and you do the same, you are a moron. believe in things that you actually believe, buy things that you actually want, don't just do it because the guys you dont like, dislike it. you look spineless when you do poo poo just to Own the Libs/Conservatives.

unrelated: Soylent is rat poison and nobody should drink it. it is not a replacement for actual nutrition, please stop buying it in bulk you're losing out on all the nutrition you need to live healthily. stop buying it, let the brand fail, someone will pick up that torch and think "how can i make it better"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I just don't get how people can see the people they choose to sponsor soylent on twitch and such and think "that looks like a healthy person". They are usually thin as a skeleton or just look tired/malnourished all the time.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Will someone please buy a new avatar for these guyes I just noticed & remembered again that PYF cat is more than one person.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Will someone please buy a new avatar for these guyes I just noticed & remembered again that PYF cat is more than one person.

someone bought me an rear end for a while but whoever the cat avatar buyer is keeps buying this one back. I liked the rear end better.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Its more that police almost always crack down hard on (accused) minority offenders, especially in bad neighborhoods, up to and including murder, in situations where Aidan McKenzie from the good part of town would get a stern dont do it again son, dont you want to go to college?

Believe me, I know. I grew up in one of those "bad" neighborhoods. I've had an immediate family member sent to prison for over a decade because the DA was running for re-election and wanted a high profile "tough on crime" case. I still remember the area we lived in being cited by the DA's assistant as part of her argument during the sentencing.

That still doesn't mean we need to selectively enforce laws and public order based on someone's race.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Im not some bougie liberal preaching down at you.

And for that, I respect you a bit more now.

someone bought me an rear end for a while but whoever the cat avatar buyer is keeps buying this one back. I liked the rear end better.

Hey cat avatar guy, buy me one too!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That cat avatar is good because it is both cute, and making fun of autism.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't imagine how stupid you'd have to be to think that being opposed to cops means you love crime. Like, that's child brain poo poo, where cops are the good guys chasing masked robbers in striped shirts carrying giant sacks with dollar signs on them. In real life cops brutalize the poor and people of color in order to uphold the status quo.

Like, I remember when bodycams were introduced, and the rationale was that they'd lead to badd cops being punished and regular cops not doing bad poo poo. But the cops don't get punished. So when a body cam video comes out of a cop murdering an innocent person it's the same loving thing as those ISIS execution videos.

I can’t imagine how loving stupid you’d have to be to make that post

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I can’t imagine how loving stupid you’d have to be to make that post

gently caress. I've been owned.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress. I've been owned.

look man if you want a cat avatar just make fun of some pro-communist guys in the thread, they'll be happy to participate in capitalism to own someone over the internet

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

look man if you want a cat avatar just make fun of some pro-communist guys in the thread, they'll be happy to participate in capitalism to own someone over the internet

Are you sure you're a different person from yeah i eat rear end?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

Hey, don't knock Communism.

It's history's greatest diet plan.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Canemacar posted:

Hey, don't knock Communism.

It's history's greatest diet plan.

eating the rich is hella healthy

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

if the cat is an anti-communist symbol then I embrace it. Better dead than red.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Word.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ukr...gvXG8C8WAa5rvM:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

I am the rear end. anyone can tell you that

EmmyOk posted:

what is it with commies and cannibalism

Caufman
May 7, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

what is it with commies and cannibalism

Life always feeds on life, but it gets hella exciting when the pyramid flips over.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

if the cat is an anti-communist symbol then I embrace it. Better dead than red.

better meow than Mao

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Better Cat Hitler Than Adolph Hitler.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Caufman posted:

Better Cat Hitler Than Adolph Hitler.

But what of Dolphin Hitler?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
we dont talk about dolphin hitler.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im gonna be honest, this has been a weight on my chest

i didnt vote for hillary because she ruined pepe for everyone that isnt from 4chan

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Didn't do it for that "Pokemon GO to the polls" joke

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I still voted for her after that, but I wasn’t happy about it.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I voted for the best candidate.

But apparently voting for Batman doesn't count for some reason.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I didn't vote for her or Trump because our votes are meaningless and nothing will ever change enough for me (a straight white male) to care. I won the genetic lottery, why the gently caress should I play the scratch offs?

edit:
the joke is that this isn't an unpopular opinion

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Infinity War was merely okay. And about 30 minutes too long.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When Han Solo said his ship made the Kessell Run in however many parsecs, he was bullshitting. He was spinning a fancy yarn for the backwater rubes. Kenobi smiles indulgently through it because he isn't fooled but still needs a ride to Alderaan.

Anyone who didn't get that, and thought that there needed to be some kind of explanation for the claim, is a loving moron.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

When Han Solo said his ship made the Kessell Run in however many parsecs, he was bullshitting. He was spinning a fancy yarn for the backwater rubes. Kenobi smiles indulgently through it because he isn't fooled but still needs a ride to Alderaan.

Anyone who didn't get that, and thought that there needed to be some kind of explanation for the claim, is a loving moron.

For once, we agree. You can watch Obi-Wan literally roll his eyes when Han says that line.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The explanations that people do come up with are stupid too. Even if it were something like seeing how close you can get to a black hole, a parsec is way too big of a unit to use to be meaningful. Even a supermassive black hole like in the center of our galaxy only has a schwarzschild radius of ~a millionth of a parsec. Even the most massive ones known are like a thousandth of a parsec. Of course you wouldn't be getting quite that close to a black hole, but it's still like measuring someone's time in a 100 meter sprint in days.

so yeah I agree with the bullshit explanation.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Hot take: The EU is a blatantly corrupt organization that is completely unaccountable to the people it governs. Whatever it's initial intentions, it has become rotten to the point it should be torn down.

Canemacar has a new favorite as of 07:39 on May 31, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Canemacar posted:

Hot take: The EU is a blatantly corrupt organization that is completely unaccountable to the people it governs. Whatever it's initial intentions, it has become rotten to the point it should be torn down.

Agreed but also the UN, with the main difference being that the UN doesn't have any real power unless the US agrees with them.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Agreed but also the UN, with the main difference being that the UN doesn't have any real power unless the US agrees with them.

I'm willing to put up with whatever farce the UN wants to be in the interest of keeping communication lines open between nations. At least they're not trying to pass a tax on linking to different internet sites.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Canemacar posted:

With the Star Wars chat, I spent longer than I should have trying to make sense of this with “EU” meaning “expanded universe.”

I was like: wait, I don’t know much about this but didn’t they already null it or?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

burial posted:

With the Star Wars chat, I spent longer than I should have trying to make sense of this with EU meaning expanded universe.

I was like: wait, I dont know much about this but didnt they already null it or?

Admiral Ackbar did 9/11! Wake up sheeple!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

burial posted:

With the Star Wars chat, I spent longer than I should have trying to make sense of this with “EU” meaning “expanded universe.”

I was like: wait, I don’t know much about this but didn’t they already null it or?

Same. And it was like, I know there's a lot of dumb stuff there but that still seems like a really harsh take.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

do you guys want to start acting like the real U.N.? Or do you just want to squabble and waste time?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Canemacar posted:

Admiral Ackbar did 9/11! Wake up sheeple!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Same. And it was like, I know there's a lot of dumb stuff there but that still seems like a really harsh take.

Thanks, you two. Now I feel less alone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Solo wasn't great but it was better than the new Trilogy movies, and not as good as Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do you actually like Rogue One or do you just love the final space battle and Vader rampage like everyone else?