Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

loving cry baby.

E: are you going to tell the derros you think they should be castrated? Because I think you should do this and report back to us. Thanks in advance.

They're gonna stand on the corner talking to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

McGiggins posted:

Holy poo poo auspol is loving awful. I'm going to discuss politics with the derros down the street.

My housemate was shot at by a derro down the street, be careful buddy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If you guys don't calm down I will have to post another opinion column from the Australian.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Wheeling out a blind pensioner was a new low for the royal commission’s theatrics.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Isra­el Folau’s recent comments reflect traditional teachings. Will churches be free to preach what some find offensive?

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If you guys don't calm down I will have to post another opinion column from the Australian.

Why do you have an Australian subscription when you could just talk to the derros down the street?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Auspol June: Literally worse than derros down the street

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I was in the navy for 9 years and did “border protection” for 2 years. AMA.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
refugee pirates sound cool as hell

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

refugee pirates sound cool as hell

arrrr

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Dude McAwesome posted:

Did you meet that dickhead's housemate?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

McGiggins posted:

I used to live with someone who did border patrol boat work, and he's been shot at by the boatfolk before.

I dont know what the solution to the boatfolk problem is, but maybe it would help their case if some of them didn't attempt to kill the people they're supposed to be able to intergrate with?

It might have something to do with the fact the refugees don't own the boat. The boat smugglers own the boat. Then 'border force' seizes the boat and people, blows their boat up, shoves them on a colourful Vietnamese fishing boat and then pushes them back towards Indonesia.

We're still using those boats by the way. Apparently we make 'em look all authentic by putting fake rust on them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://store.steampowered.com/consumer_rights_notice/

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Insharrrrrllah

e: dammit should have gone with inshallarrrrr

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Auspol June: "No, John. You are the derros" And then John was a refugee.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Dude McAwesome posted:

why

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

G-Spot Run posted:

Auspol June: "No, John. You are the derros" And then John was a refugee.

We have a winner.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Dude McAwesome posted:

It's ok if you don't want to answer, but did you work on the Ocean Protector?

Curious because I've also worked on that boat (though not under that name).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god Barnaby Joyce interview footage on channel 7.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He's apparently blaming his partner for selling the interview. What a top bloke.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

He's apparently blaming his partner for selling the interview. What a top bloke.

Philanderer in treating partner like poo poo shock.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

bell jar posted:

the refugees just get on a boat and sail it themselves! with guns!
You can't 'sail' with guns you big silly! You have to use them as paddles.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i think you'll find, actually, that "people smugglers" are actually just elaborate indonesian boat salesmen

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bell jar posted:

i think you'll find, actually, that "people smugglers" are actually just elaborate indonesian boat salesmen

it’s a great way to get old ones scuttled and written off for tax

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe not selling stories and interviews to the media can be tacked onto the new code of conduct (of course Barnaby will be grandfathered in again.)

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Hollandia posted:

Did you meet that dickhead's housemate?

Probably. I met lots of dickheads, and lots of housemates.

A youthful and foolish sense of patriotism.

hooman posted:

It's ok if you don't want to answer, but did you work on the Ocean Protector?

Curious because I've also worked on that boat (though not under that name).

Nah, I worked on the Freos and Armidale boats. :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Extremely cursed tweet:

https://twitter.com/ahcayley/status/1001345756962304001?s=19

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That poor partner of his has been the scapegoat for nearly every situation he's had the past two years.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Dude McAwesome posted:

Nah, I worked on the Freos and Armidale boats. :)

Depending on how long ago this was, you might know one of my family members.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Maybe not selling stories and interviews to the media can be tacked onto the new code of conduct (of course Barnaby will be grandfathered in again.)

Mal has a much more elegant solution than that - from our friends at the Guardian in reference to the payment:

No ministerial code of conduct if you're not a minister!

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

You Am I posted:

That poor partner of his has been the scapegoat for nearly every situation he's had the past two years.

That poor woman has had her life ruined by this horrible man. He really is a terrible piece of poo poo.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Depending on how long ago this was, you might know one of my family members.

Very possible! :) But you'll have to forgive me if I don't want to doxx myself more than I already have on here.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

BBJoey posted:

keep in mind also that the higher up in the aps you are the more you have to lose from leaks from your department. take mike pezullo, secretary of home affairs; huge piece of poo poo by anyone’s reckoning, but he’s a career public servant who spent years in labor ministerial offices including as deputy chief of staff to beazley in opposition. he’s not going to throw away decades of experience and networking to score points for the lnp. in addition, he has a personal interest in stopping leaks from his department to create good working relations with his ministers.

now i could see someone like john lloyd, apsc commissioner, leaking to damage a labor government. however the downside to the lnp parachuting an ipa dickhead into the commissioner position is that there’s not much he can do to help them once they leave government. he’ll also be one of the first to go on a change of government as he’s so obviously partisan.

this is correct - they aren't throwing poo poo away because of an ideological crusade. unsure why people here think SES border force officials just suddenly appeared in the aps in the past few years

cool links about the guy who promoted his girlfriend. maybe have another go and see if you can put your thoughts into coherent sentences.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Dude McAwesome posted:

Very possible! :) But you'll have to forgive me if I don't want to doxx myself more than I already have on here.

yeah that's why i was pretty vague with my statement too, it wasn't a demand for you to reveal name rank and number etc

though you probably should WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dude McAwesome posted:

That poor woman has had her life ruined by this horrible man. He really is a terrible piece of poo poo.

It was Labor's fault m'lud.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1001413938989289472

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

How long till he starts a fight with a taxi driver?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

gucci bane posted:

cool links about the guy who promoted his girlfriend. maybe have another go and see if you can put your thoughts into coherent sentences.
Ad hominem - Check!
Ignores the actual point of the articles - Check!
Lack of proper capitalisation - Check!
How about them standard issue APS uniforms? Ignored. - Check!

F- minus. Try harder and you might just only fail at debate.

PS. I was about to take over a ~serious business~ job in DIMA when I quit the APS. I might know a little bit more about this than you are willing to admit.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

And I suppose he'll still be collecting his salary for those 11 weeks

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is he going to top himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Would Tony Abbott have granted a pair if it was the other way round I wonder.

• Locked thread