Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Cardassia blew up and now Garak is white instead of grey?!?!

I won't stand for this white washing of my space characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

McGiggins posted:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

No no, you see, the Trill now look like Kriosians and the old Trill... well they just looked like humans who had been hit in the forehead anyway

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

All those goddamn spoonheads look alike

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Super racist

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Like you can't tell the clear differences between the Cardassian commander here and Gul Dukat. Goddamn rascists, I swear :rolleyes:.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
It was a strange period in Cardassians warfare where they experimented with making their opponents laugh hysterically and therefore be unable to properly defend themselves.

The results were mixed, primarily due to the fact they could just turn their view screen off.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
What loving purpose does that headgear serve?

Also guessing dukat on right because recurring character closer to camera?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the helmets came off after they got circle-strafed for a while. once someone shoots their weak point (forehead spoon) a few times the helmets will come back.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

That was actually just one ship. Yeah, it was kind of an uncomfortable subject

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

McGiggins posted:

Prevent your nose and/or spoon from getting broken? So if you survive the battle you go home with a pretty face.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny in retrospect with Bashir and Garak's friendship and cultural exchange because they turn out to have quite a lot in common, and a running theme of putting service to their state above themselves. (and Bashir thought the Repetitive Epic was boring, ha) While Garak considers Julius Caesar to be a farce until he has to deal with his own case of being betrayed by one he trusts above all others.

Also, the last few seasons of Star Trek make it clear that Section 31 ultimately causes more problems than they solve.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McGiggins posted:

That’s a high-contrast Garak you can see at night

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

McGiggins posted:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

That’s a high-contrast Garak you can see at night

An awful choice of skin polish for a super spy.

Also loving lol at that helmet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The makeup designers must have been pissed at the costume designers covering up one of their best original designs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

The makeup designers must have been pissed at the costume designers covering up one of their best original designs

There are regional tensions but it has yet to escalate to war

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

obligatory photoshops that must be posted whenever someone posts the Spock helmet

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Just got to the best episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHgbbM9pu4

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that ep is legit great, not because sisko is in it being tortured and acting like he didn't JUST say the ends don't justify the means, but because it's garak saving the alpha quadrant with lies. you go, girl.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Universe Master posted:

We have Obama thanks to Jack Ryans need to share his wife's tittys with the world.

He was a Republican cuck that wanted to watch his wife get gang-banged but anonymous men.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

He was a Republican cuck that wanted to watch his wife get gang-banged but anonymous men.

TBF they ARE pretty glorious Borg tittays.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Make fun of cardassian helmets all you want but while the rest of the galaxy is wearing badass space armor starfleet goes around in its pjs

Remember the one chick who gets killed by a mine and leaves an orphan for worf to traumatize? If she was wearing armor she just would have been maimed

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Has the computer out cock to be pissed when I was with a customer Mr. Hunt playlist buff but for you it’s the restaurant at the trouser

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Has the computer out cock to be pissed when I was with a customer Mr. Hunt playlist buff but for you it’s the restaurant at the trouser

Yeah

naem
May 29, 2011

Mondian posted:

All those goddamn spoonheads look alike

The General
Mar 4, 2007

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The Greatest Klingon

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Starfleet does need to have a better combat uniform, I absolutely agree.

Security officers should have ablative armour sown into their pajamas.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

McGiggins posted:

Aside from Borg shields, I am unsure I have seen armour do anything in star trek.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

He should have done it.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
just impaled himself upon her cloaca right then and there in the drat jeffries tube

half of starfleet joined specifically for the chance to do EXACTLY that and the other half had never considered it but can't stop dreaming about it nightly ever since someone sent them a pirated version of "The Rikerdeck: 101 Original Holo-ventures from the Mind of the Master: VALENTINES DAY EDITION featuring bonus program 'Imzadi from the Inside', BANNED from all active duty Federation holodecks but now available for the first time ever on this unrated collection!"

and what does Miles "From Smiles" O'Brien do after she straight up offers to plop out a billion eggs all fertilized with his potent seed and carrying little mushy fetal alcohol syndrome suffering spoontato babies with adorable little eggtooths for cracking through their shells? "nah, that'll be a hard pass from me, deary, oi've got a woife and a wee little lass with nary a scale 'pon her, it's not much but it's the loife fer me, deary" ugh loving insane rear end in a top hat

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I just like the fact he went home thinking "wow what a crazy day, young Cardassian women with great engineering skills and common interests throwing themselves at me. Who would have thought it. I'm glad. I stayed faithful to Kieko though, I love her dearly".

Miles! You're late for dinner! We are having greenbean and kale salad, no buts.

But Kieko, replicated food has the same nutritional value no matter what you eat.

Miles! You promised! This is what a I want to eat! Why won't you think of what I want! You're so selfish, I'm taking our child and going on an extended "work trip".

Mommy are we going to see Malial again.

Who's Malial?

Miles! He's just a sports therapist on Bajor, now your being jealous and paranoid too? You should be ashamed of yourself *packs revealing lingerie into suitcase*.

*Kieko storms out with child*

Miles, you're one lucky man. Good thing you didn't blow this all on crazy hate sex with that young Cardassian engineer.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Also I imagine the Federation must have an entire department dedicated to dealing with unwanted half alien babies coming about as a result of pretty much every other standard starfleet mission.

Probably has an abortion fund and an orphanage.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What do you think Miles and Bashir are doing all day in the Holosuite?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
From the episodes I just watched? Having ww2 era themed fantasy fighter pilot sex it seems.

Probably interrogating lots captured jerries :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I assumed every Nazi/Klingon warrior/general opponent they've fought and killed on the holodeck had Keiko's face applied to it. How else would O'Brien stay sane married to her?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

McGiggins posted:

I think they showed starfleet having some form of combat armour when fighting the Klingons in that Jake the Coward episode but then they promptly forget about it in later episodes like the one where Nog loses his leg. Then again maybe they abandoned it when it was shown how easily you can disembowel someone wearing the armour.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I think they showed starfleet having some form of combat armour when fighting the Klingons in that Jake the Coward episode but then they promptly forget about it in later episodes like the one where Nog loses his leg. Then again maybe they abandoned it when it was shown how easily you can disembowel someone wearing the armour.

Nah, they just had slightly different sweaters

Although it provided zero protection I guess it was thicker than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Starfleet Security Vestment: 5+ to Warmth