Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Yeah you only have to beat it like 150 times...

it's a rite of passage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Chilichimp posted:

it's a rite of passage

And had better come with a swanky title.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

What level are you at? Like, have you reached 85? Because the lead up to 85, GW is a pain, but after that, as you continue to get better, GW becomes a cake walk. Since they updated it, I can literally auto the entire thing. Which I still have to do, because before the updated it, I was never able to finish it, so I'm still sitting on 108/150 full clears before I can start simming it.

Yea I'm been 85 for a while, but this is where I'm standing
https://swgoh.gg/u/twistedmentat/collection/

GW always throws some insane unbeatable team at me somewhere between the halfway and end point. You know the teams that obliterate most of your characters before you even get a turn in, or have some BS mechanic like Rez (why does OD and MT both have rezs??).

It used to be the main way I could get money, but not any more as I completed all the credit heist missions at 3*. Not to mention I maxed out all the characters you get from GW.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
With GW as it is now its hardest right when you hit 85. They lowered the difficulty early on by a bit and then capped how strong the enemy teams can get at 85, so the longer you're at 85 the easier it should be. Sometimes you just run into the perfect counter to your specific team, but once you have 2 or 3 decent ones it gets way easier. One trick is to use all your decent teams once at the early levels, that way if you run into trouble they already have some turn meter built up without having taken much dmg (just be sure not to use up all their cooldowns on the early run).

That said looking at your characters you should zeta EP asap, put him in lead, and put Grand moff in instead of hera, and probably darth sideous instead of Darth maul. Then get as much speed on DV as you can via mods

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 23, 2018

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Who is better to focus on, Darth Scion or Visa Card?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

With GW as it is now its hardest right when you hit 85. They lowered the difficulty early on by a bit and then capped how strong the enemy teams can get at 85, so the longer you're at 85 the easier it should be. Sometimes you just run into the perfect counter to your specific team, but once you have 2 or 3 decent ones it gets way easier. One trick is to use all your decent teams once at the early levels, that way if you run into trouble they already have some turn meter built up without having taken much dmg (just be sure not to use up all their cooldowns on the early run).

That said looking at your characters you should zeta EP asap, put him in lead, and put Grand moff in instead of hera, and probably darth sideous instead of Darth maul. Then get as much speed on DV as you can via mods

Yea I've been working on EP between working on the CLS required characters. My biggest issue is when someone needs 20 buttplugs in 3 different gear slots, I just say gently caress it and ignore that character. I probably spend around 2k crystals trying to get 5 of them to get Rey up to gear 10 over a few days.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

UmOk posted:

In my opinion: Sion for arena, Visas for raids and TB.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

Yes

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sitting over here grinding my Holdo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Warmachine posted:

Sitting over here grinding my Holdo.

Don't bother, her AI is catastrophically broken. It won't use her AoE Daze unless it has no other option, and it prioritizes her Heal so highly that it will use it on a random ally when all allies are at 100% on the first turn of the game.

You can tell I have her at 7*g12.5 and on my arena team, where she causes me to fall from the top 5 to ~75 overnight.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Maybe it's just me but when I play GW or arena and I see a full Phoenix Squad I just want to die. They have so many ways to protect each other that it's always a grind. Is there some trick to beating them faster/better?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Mendrian posted:

Maybe it's just me but when I play GW or arena and I see a full Phoenix Squad I just want to die. They have so many ways to protect each other that it's always a grind. Is there some trick to beating them faster/better?

kill chopper and kanaan first, or hit em all with buff immunity. you'll probably get zeb last in most cases, but that's fine, since without a whole squad to throw buffs onto and give him extra attacks, he's weak as hell. so something like:

ability block, stun, or fracture hera
kill chopper to stop heal and protection gains every turn on everyone
re-apply all that stuff back to hera
kill kanaan to stop counters and even more healing
finish off hera, which stops Backup Plan and extra TM
deal with ezra/sabine, who has most likely killed >1 of your toons by now if you aren't fast enough
zeb last, which at this point is a cake walk

depending, it should take almost the whole 5 minutes with an efficient squad or about two hours if you're going Phoenix vs Phoenix

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
It is Zeb that grants protection every turn, Chopper only gives health.

I prefer to kill Kanaan first to get rid of the heal when debuffed skill, so that you can start applying debuffs. Then its a wash between Chopper or Ezra, depending on how many counterattacks i have done against either. Then finish the other, then Hera, finally Zeb.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mendrian posted:

Heal immunity. Shocked works even better. Put your boy Sheev on the case and he'll show them what's up.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

It is Zeb that grants protection every turn, Chopper only gives health.

I prefer to kill Kanaan first to get rid of the heal when debuffed skill, so that you can start applying debuffs. Then its a wash between Chopper or Ezra, depending on how many counterattacks i have done against either. Then finish the other, then Hera, finally Zeb.

for some reason i thought it was both! He's still real drat annoying when he's handing out buffs like candy and popping zeb's stagger immediately after applying it. but it looks like kanaan is definitely worse, in that case.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

im cute posted:

depending, it should take almost the whole 5 minutes with an efficient squad or about two hours if you're going Phoenix vs Phoenix

PHX vs PHX battles makes me want to be dead.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

When do people usually start banking energy leading up to double drop events?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

Don't bother, her AI is catastrophically broken. It won't use her AoE Daze unless it has no other option, and it prioritizes her Heal so highly that it will use it on a random ally when all allies are at 100% on the first turn of the game.

You can tell I have her at 7*g12.5 and on my arena team, where she causes me to fall from the top 5 to ~75 overnight.

:sigh: I had such high hopes for her as the sustain Resistance needed. Back to EzPz setup I go.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

When do people usually start banking energy leading up to double drop events?

Yesterday

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
All my troubles seemed so far away

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Warmachine posted:

:sigh: I had such high hopes for her as the sustain Resistance needed. Back to EzPz setup I go.

It's been a reported bug but I'm worried they'll eventually just say "eh, working as intended" which will completely scrap the character.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
I think Holdo is still def worth getting for TB/TW, being able to field two full/almost full Resistance teams without needing to use up GK or another big boy is very handy and will let you be more flexible long-term. Just don't use her defensively? Hate having a million Hard nodes to farm right now, but at least hers gives stun guns which is more incentive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So since friday, a NS team has been in the first half of GW, and they are still immense amounts of Bullshit. The rez's they have need to be nerfed, you kill OD or MT and the other instantly rez's the other.

errad
May 31, 2013
Just applied to goonjinn as

errad fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 21, 2024

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

So since friday, a NS team has been in the first half of GW, and they are still immense amounts of Bullshit. The rez's they have need to be nerfed, you kill OD or MT and the other instantly rez's the other.

always kill OD first anyway, it's your best chance to win, because she will absolutely rez MT. A NS has to get a kill with a special attack in order to rez daka.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If anyone wants to start on the Fulcrum quest but you don't have a Fulcrum, you can borrow mine. She sucks and will die but you get credit, anyway.

I put her as leader and left out QGJ/JKA/GK/good Jedi leaders so that I could be presented with more options for good Jedi to borrow and get credit for the 5x Jedi and Fulcrum quests at the same time.

:science:

Eh, ally code helps: 785-153-635

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 29, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

tadashi posted:

... 5x Jedi and Fulcrum quests at the same time. :science:

Brilliant. Anyone worked out good quest strats yet? I started Asajj, Boba, and Jedi not knowing what they were... what happens if i abandon one? Can I go back to it later?

Also Jedi suck. What 5 Jedi teams doesn't suck?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

WerrWaaa posted:

For arena? zQGJ/zEzra/zzOldBen/GK/zzHYoda and GK/zBarriss/zzOldBen/zEzra/zzHYoda are the only two viable teams currently.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mr. Neutron posted:

For arena? zQGJ/zEzra/zzOldBen/GK/zzHYoda and GK/zBarriss/zzOldBen/zEzra/zzHYoda are the only two viable teams currently.

GK/zBarriss makes for a really good wall in territory wars if enough people in your guild have it

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So what is the new ships meta? Im struggling to get past rank 100 but ive got thw same starting line up as ranks 1-10, biggs, vader, tfp. All gear 12, fully zetaed.
I guess the trick im missing is the reinforcements or their order?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Is TIE Reaper no longer a thing in ships? I'm not sure it's making sense with the new layout.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Its passive got nerfed down to 15% per kill, and that was really the main thing it brought to the table, sooo

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Reaper with a maxed reinforcement ability is still top tier. It removes opponent TM and feeds your team TM on reinforce. Its unique got nerfed but it's still good. Now it's actually feasible for someone to use Thrawn's ultimate (which increases your own flagship's CDs) so you want to do as much as you can to prevent the opponent from getting there first.

Reaper under Tarkin is even better now because Executrix feeds TM to your team, furthering the gap.

The only difference is it's not worth a starter spot and finds the most success as a first or second reinforcement.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Tie Silencer is great as starter in any team. Stuns!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't like the new ships, the computer always seems to have 5 ships out really fast. And if you lose one early, you're really behind.

Chilichimp posted:

always kill OD first anyway, it's your best chance to win, because she will absolutely rez MT. A NS has to get a kill with a special attack in order to rez daka.

Ah I didn't know that. I'll focus on OD. It always seemed like they were rezing each other constantly.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Executrix is gaining some new legs in my fleet arena shard but with tarkin g12 double zeta'd as this makes it faster than most thrawns. Biggs is still king dick of poo poo mountain, why Nerf reaper but buff Biggs?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

WerrWaaa posted:

Brilliant. Anyone worked out good quest strats yet? I started Asajj, Boba, and Jedi not knowing what they were... what happens if i abandon one? Can I go back to it later?

For LS/DS battles to fulfill the quests, just about anybody is fine. In order to maximize my ally options, I'm running Ahsoka, Barriss, Hyoda, Aayla as the 4 I bring. I can borrow 2* Jedi from the non-ally group and still auto-battle it.

rocket_Magnet posted:

Executrix is gaining some new legs in my fleet arena shard but with tarkin g12 double zeta'd as this makes it faster than most thrawns. Biggs is still king dick of poo poo mountain, why Nerf reaper but buff Biggs?

The nerf to Execurtrix's ultimate attack is real. It used to take out 3 non-tanks pretty reliably, as long as you'd done some damage to them. Not anymore.

Also, overhauling fleet without changing any mechanics of how the fight works was a huge mistake. It's even more dependent on RNG now. It just comes down to who gets the most TLs right away more than ever.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 30, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, someone mentioned it earlier but it's true. If my TF gets that first Target Lock, I'll probably win. If I don't, I'll probably lose.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, someone mentioned it earlier but it's true. If my TF gets that first Target Lock, I'll probably win. If I don't, I'll probably lose.

this is why I prefer FOTF, as you get a decent chance for a second shot at the lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

this is why I prefer FOTF, as you get a decent chance for a second shot at the lock.

FOTF seems to do really well. The nerf to the TFP's dodge really changes things. I've been wondering if I should run 2 tanky ships in the opening wave just to stall until I get more reinforcements in. Maybe Biggs and 5s? SunFac's reinforce is so great that I kind of don't want to use him immediately.