Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

yeah, that's a little bullshit but honestly I've decided as long as I'm making any kind of gains I'm happy, even if they are slow as crap. Speaking of I feel pretty confident I'll finally be hitting my 2 pl8 bench sometimes by the end of this AtS cycle. I've been hitting 195x1 as an overwarm single and it's moving pretty fast. Max is probably around 215-220 atm if I had to guess and I haven't even gotten to the strength phase of the program.

e; also in case anyone missed the joke 100mg of test definitely isn't any kind of blast, it's just my legit TRT amount to get me to baseline.

Still blows my mind that your deadlift is pretty strong but your squat and bench are.. not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Leverages I guess. Although the squat thing is mostly because I've been working around a lot of minor injuries. Being on your feet on a concrete floor for 60 hours a week is worse than sitting imo.

also I don't consider my deadlift strong, but thanks that takes the sting out of my squat issues a little. And is my bench really that far behind my deadlift? I thought the "standard" as much as you can try to standardize it, was 1/2/3/4? I'll probably hit 4 plate dead and 2 plate bench close to the same time. Already got my 1 plate OHP so really that just leaves the squat that's lagging.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do people want to get so swole. You know that it requires maintenance once you've achieved whatever bigness you wanted right. Just do a couple hours of cardio a week and you'll live a long time.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
lol who said i want to live a long time? working out is about living better, not longer
also cardio is cool and good

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mu Zeta posted:

Why do people want to get so swole. You know that it requires maintenance once you've achieved whatever bigness you wanted right. Just do a couple hours of cardio a week and you'll live a long time.

Wow. Just wow.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

The bigger you are the more you can binge eat without feeling guilty.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Mu Zeta posted:

Gonna get plat just so I can report this post

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I’m getting sick of eating fuckloads of protein.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Please stop quoting mu zeta, I put his dumb rear end on ignore for a reason. :nallears:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mu Zeta posted:

If you can call that living.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, get a sous vide cooker immediately. It'll transform your chicken breasts from barely edible trash to delicious juicy meat you might actually want to eat. And it's still easier to cook than anything short of nuking it directly in the microwave and you can easily time it to be ready whenever you need it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

feelix posted:

Gonna get plat just so I can report this post

Didn’t you use to be a mod

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Guys, get a sous vide cooker immediately. It'll transform your chicken breasts from barely edible trash to delicious juicy meat you might actually want to eat. And it's still easier to cook than anything short of nuking it directly in the microwave and you can easily time it to be ready whenever you need it.

how much will that poo poo run me? and are they big enough to do a lot of chicken breasts in one batch?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Like $50-100 on the lower end. The immersion circulation types, which is most of them, can be used in any pot you have and I managed to cook like 6 breasts in a 5l Ikea pot. If you have the space (which I did not) and will be using it very often, a water bath might be better. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sous+vide There's a thread in GWS for this stuff if you want more information.

The cool thing though is that you can also use it for fancy dinners to impress your dates gymbros with perfectly cooked steaks or shrimp and so on.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Buy an anova. It good

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just did that, got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UKPBXM4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Part of why my diet still sucks is I hate cooking poo poo and trying to micromanage it just right. This seems almost like cheating if it's really simple as throw food in bag.

e: I'm a fan of pork tenderloins too, I wonder how they'd turn out. I think they are small enough to fit into a bag/pots that I have. Man I just realized the whole food in the bag thing would make it super easy to marinade/season as well. Just prep your bags with all that and let them sit overnight then throw them in.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 29, 2018

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tbh sous vide is the only way I’d eat tenderloin. It turns out beautifully
Use kenji at serious eats recipes/timings and work from there

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Can't wait to look back fondly on when the swoleception thread discovered sous vide cooking.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Does the plastic make the food taste bad

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

In fact the food makes the plastic taste GOOD!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Salt chicken breasts for at least 24 hrs and they'll stay moist through cooking

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Can't wait to look back fondly on when the swoleception thread discovered sous vide cooking.
Glad to be part of this historic moment :patriot:

Jove Tone posted:

In fact the food makes the plastic taste GOOD!
It's more of a symbiotic relationship really, both the food and plastic make each other taste better.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

nooneofconsequence posted:

Salt chicken breasts for at least 24 hrs and they'll stay moist through cooking

Jesus gently caress definitely don't wet brine anything you're going to put in a sous vide. It'll turn into soup!

The point with cooking SV is that it'll stay moist without any of your electrolytic fuckery beforehand.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Set a new waddle record. 35k steps yesterday.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I’m 50 and feel lethargic. Wanna self trt. I can can get some 200 mg test e. How much should I pin?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Jesus gently caress definitely don't wet brine anything you're going to put in a sous vide. It'll turn into soup!

The point with cooking SV is that it'll stay moist without any of your electrolytic fuckery beforehand.

I don't wet brine anything and my suggestion was an alternative to fancy machinery.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Sous vide devices aren't fancy. They bolt on dumb poo poo like wifi to increase their margins, but they just keep water hot. I use my all the time as a cook and forget solution to cooking and it's paid for itself.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’m 50 and feel lethargic. Wanna self trt. I can can get some 200 mg test e. How much should I pin?

Imo take however much you can take with out aromatizing and needing AI. Prob around 175-200 a week.

Theres a steroid thread in tcc if ur really interested!

Fallows fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 29, 2018

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
if you get droopy acne tits you've taken too much

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
check out the bodybuilding thread if you want to see more examples of When Steroids Go Wrong

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Fallows posted:

Imo take however much you can take with out aromatizing and needing AI. Prob around 175-200 a week.

Theres a steroid thread in tcc if ur really interested!

Tcc?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Yes.

A Steroid Thread: Really nice balls are a legitimate and worthwhile goal.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

I had 190 T and the doc started me on 100mg week test cyp. That was the starting dose tho, I should have my recent bloods in in a day or so. I can tell you this, the thread is gonna tell you to do your own labwork. You can't really guess with this poo poo, you have to balance test and estradiol and probably other poo poo as well. I'm sure they'll clear you up on it in there. If you are 50 and lethargic you really might have low T, why not go to the doc? No insurance?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
https://meh.com

sous vide cooker for 55 bucks on meh today for all you chicken eaters

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

ham_sanitizer posted:

https://meh.com

sous vide cooker for 55 bucks on meh today for all you chicken eaters

Looks cool but it doesn't seem like there's a water agitator or anything. It's just a base-heated slow cooker that says it's cool with sous vide?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
It’s a slow cooker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
haev u guyz heard about instant pot!!!111

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Ya I love my instant pot

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Wrap chicken in aluminum foil and stick it in the radiator... but its got an app!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Just saw a dude setting up for a 405 DL, then attempt it with the roundest back I have ever seen in my life

Anyway God Bless and stay safe yall