Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Space Flower posted:

it's almost here... yamasusu...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Endorph posted:

sirius the jaeger is being directed by masahiro ando. hes actually someone i can talk about, hes great at action - he had a role as 'action director' on the cowboy bebop movie and evangelion, and he directed several episodes and openings for both fullmetal alchemist TV series. he directed the film sword of the stranger, as well, as well as canaan and blast of tempest. he's very well-respected in terms of action. so all things going well, you can expect good action from sirius the jaeger. writing is being handled by keigo koyana, who wrote, uh, regalia the three sacred stars. and a few episodes of blast of tempest!

Oh poo poo, this wasn't on my radar at all but now I'm interested so thanks! Hopefully the writing holds up to the action. Ando also directed Hanasaku Iroha, which I thought was the best visually out of the PA works working people shows. It had a really good sense of character movement and weight and inertia despite not being an action show at all.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I liked the VN for Island, but it's going to be a trainwreck if they try to cram everything into 12 episodes. Of course there's always the obvious choice of doing the Summer parts now, stopping at that twist and then announcing a second season for this Winter

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Grand Blue manga seems well received and features a cast of :siren: actual not-highschoolers :siren:

The Chio-chan manga is a bit rough but I found it amusing, and it could definitely benefit from sound effects and motion.

As one of the seemingly few that enjoyed Attack on Titan season 2 more than season 1, I shall quietly sit here in anticipation for the upcoming season.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

The Chio-chan manga is a bit rough

die

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

desperately hoping that grand blue is good. obviously the manga is, but comedy adaptations need the right staff to work.

i'll also probably find a couple mediocre action shows to watch like usual.

Director: Shinji Takamatsu
Series Composition: Shinji Takamatsu
Sound Director: Shinji Takamatsu

->

Gintama (TV) : Director, Storyboard, Supervision (eps 105-201)
Daily Lives of High School Boys (TV) : Director, Script (eps 1-12), Storyboard (OP; ep 12)

chio-chan meanwhile is done by the hacks that have managed to give beatless 4 recaps even while it looks like poo poo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Satsuriku no Tenshi is kind of novel for being an adaptation of an RPG maker game. probably be short eps.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davincie posted:

it is that time of the year again where i look desperately for something to hold my interest

Chio-Chan is going to own so hard

edit: and more Encouragement of Climb!

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 29, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I said rough, not bad/suck! With the right polish that show could be the top comedy of the season.

Davincie posted:

Director: Shinji Takamatsu
Series Composition: Shinji Takamatsu
Sound Director: Shinji Takamatsu

->

Gintama (TV) : Director, Storyboard, Supervision (eps 105-201)
Daily Lives of High School Boys (TV) : Director, Script (eps 1-12), Storyboard (OP; ep 12)

chio-chan meanwhile is done by the hacks that have managed to give beatless 4 recaps even while it looks like poo poo

oh, well maybe not. Expectations adjusted accordingly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so fuckin' hype now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

Satsuriku no Tenshi is kind of novel for being an adaptation of an RPG maker game. probably be short eps.

there was an anime of blue oni, too, so its not the first rpg maker anime

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm interested in bananafish and the kaiji spinoff. i'll also watch the new free because i have no self respect and want to see my ships not even get out of the hangar

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/denkimouse/status/1001470254847946757?s=19

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"Real Movie" :thunk:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

they mean as in live action

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Banana Fish, Tensai Bakabon, Angolmois, badminton, blood cell anime, I will check these out. Fukumoto people, do I need to have seen Kaiji to enjoy Tonegawa

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

i'm interested in bananafish and the kaiji spinoff. i'll also watch the new free because i have no self respect and want to see my ships not even get out of the hangar

The drydock, surely? Or is drydocking perhaps a little too advanced?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The big news here is the Non Non Biyori movie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The drydock, surely? Or is drydocking perhaps a little too advanced?

Don't dock dry.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Banana Fish, Tensai Bakabon, Angolmois, badminton, blood cell anime, I will check these out. Fukumoto people, do I need to have seen Kaiji to enjoy Tonegawa

watch kaiji you cuck

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Another great ep of Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori :gbsmith:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gundam Build Divers had a couple decent episodes, but don't worry, it returned to form this week

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

they mean as in live action

:argh:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

watch kaiji you cuck

I will. But can I also enjoy Tonegawa while I'm watching Kaiji, or will I be missing some vital information

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'm excited for the all rotoscoped yuri on ice movie

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I will. But can I also enjoy Tonegawa while I'm watching Kaiji, or will I be missing some vital information

there's not a lot of translated manga to judge off of, but it isn't written or drawn by Fukumoto and the base concept seems to be putting Tonegawa in comedy situations related to corporate culture. it could be that later down the line it starts to actually intersect with plot events from Kaiji, but the translated stuff seems like it would still be funny even if you don't know about Kaiji.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

there's not a lot of translated manga to judge off of, but it isn't written or drawn by Fukumoto and the base concept seems to be putting Tonegawa in comedy situations related to corporate culture. it could be that later down the line it starts to actually intersect with plot events from Kaiji, but the translated stuff seems like it would still be funny even if you don't know about Kaiji.

Thank you

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

though for reference all of the currently TLed stuff will definitely only make up the first episode lol

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh, kind of a dry season... new Free and Yama should be fun and hopefully the badminton and beach volleyball shows are good. Here's hoping that the movies don't take too long to find their way online, Natsume, Non non biyori, Mirai no mirai and Penguin Highway sounds like it could be neat too. gosh, big movie season

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Time to pup: 10 seconds

A good start :3:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Grand Blue should hopefully be good, if it gets a studio that can actually do its comedy right.

Island is apparently well-reviewed, but I've long accepted that 99% of VN adaptations are utter trash, regardless of how well-written (or not) the source material is.

Still waiting on the Kaguya-sama adaptation.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

AnacondaHL posted:

As one of the seemingly few that enjoyed Attack on Titan season 2 more than season 1, I shall quietly sit here in anticipation for the upcoming season.

You are not alone. It's the only anime I'm looking forward to right now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Space Flower posted:

it's almost here... yamasusu...

:yeah:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Nothing stands out to me In particular about the new season, but I don't follow the manga or LN scenes so all of that material is a mystery to me. Weirdly hoping that it's a quiet season so I have a good excuse to catch up on hits from previous seasons. I still haven't seen Yuru Camp or Rakugo Shinjuu!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Eela6 posted:

Nothing stands out to me In particular about the new season, but I don't follow the manga or LN scenes so all of that material is a mystery to me. Weirdly hoping that it's a quiet season so I have a good excuse to catch up on hits from previous seasons. I still haven't seen Yuru Camp or Rakugo Shinjuu!

You should do that, Yurucamp owns.

I may end up just using this season to watch Hyouka and finish Revolutionary Girl Utena. I'm kind of in a weird spot with that one right now though. Akio creeping on absolutely everyone isn't compelling enough to keep me watching.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

StandardVC10 posted:

You should do that, Yurucamp owns.

I may end up just using this season to watch Hyouka and finish Revolutionary Girl Utena. I'm kind of in a weird spot with that one right now though. Akio creeping on absolutely everyone isn't compelling enough to keep me watching.

How far in are you, btw? I've been livestreaming Utena on and off. Still pretty near the beginning - on episode 6 or so.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

Please don’t suck, chio chan anime

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

desperately ignores the anime unexpectedly getting pushed back by a season

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello Captain Tsubasa is still great. That’s all I’ve got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Eela6 posted:

How far in are you, btw? I've been livestreaming Utena on and off. Still pretty near the beginning - on episode 6 or so.

I watched 29 episodes, then stopped for months, then watched 30 yesterday.

• Locked thread