Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The bit we already knew is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
On top of that, Kharadron Overlords spotlight, mentioning points drops for Gunhaulers amongst other things.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Are there any new Vampires on the horizon? Or rumors to suggest as such? I'm looking for cool bits with which to kitbash. However, when I look at teh website, I dont' find a lot of vampire AoS stuff and just a handful of classic WHFB vampire models.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Are there any new Vampires on the horizon? Or rumors to suggest as such? I'm looking for cool bits with which to kitbash. However, when I look at teh website, I dont' find a lot of vampire AoS stuff and just a handful of classic WHFB vampire models.

Nope. After the new Night Haunt stuff comes out I wouldn't expect much in the way of death releases for a while. But then, who knows?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Time to get more starter boxes. Please kill me.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I've had a small Kharadron army since they came out and had never played a single game of Age of Sigmar because all the old WHFB players were burned so bad by the end times that they all quit or turned to Kings of War. I finally found some people interested in playing and got my first game in this past Sunday.
My thoughts:
-The game was fairly quick and easy to pick up once I downloaded the three pages of rules and stopped trying to use the actual rulebook.
-I got hit with a double turn right off the bat. It actually made things more interesting instead of the auto loss it probably would have been in 40k.
- Sky dwarfs live fast and die hard.
-It for sure isnt hero hammer but it would be nice if my Admiral didnt have to Lead By Example from behind a rock.
-Missions or Battleplans I guess really make the game. Neither of us actually scored the objectives but trying to kept us from having a battle pile in the center of the board.
-I'm glad we are getting 2.0 soon because the game really needs it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
LGS had a 20% Memorial Day sale yesterday so I jumped in on fish elves. Kits are really nice, giving me some ideas. They get a detachment that lets you include Sylvaneth and give them the Idoneth allegiance abilities. I already had a start collecting box of them so now I want to paint them to look like coral instead of trees. I’m even eyeing up the Melusai and Khinerai I have to ally into the army. Paint the Melusai scales in a sea snake pattern and paint the wings of the Khinerai to look more like skate/manta wings instead of bats.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
New Malign Portents story.

Also, the new Stormcast podcast (totally NOT affiliated with Stormfront, we promise!) is available both in podcast form and on Warhammer TV's YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yw9xSDWiHA

I've gone through the first one, and my thought is that it is too short, which means that there is not enough time to properly speak to guests about, well, anything. I'm hoping they change the format a bit (looks like about 15 minutes every couple of days is the release schedule so far) and lengthen the podcast to allow for some decent content, rather than a "here's the new poo poo we want you to buy!"-cast, which it can very easily become.

EDIT: Christ, I don't understand GW. There has been no announcement of the Stormcast podcast any place other than the AoS Facebook page. Not Warhammer Community, not Warhammer TV's Facebook page. They are still so terrible at having a media presence.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 29, 2018

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Your link is busted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH6j7vdsjT0

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah - I think SA clipped it at a special character or something. I changed it to Episode 1 in my post.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like the Malign Portents stories but I wish they were more than "poo poo's bad for everyone everywhere".

I guess you could say I want more than... malign portents.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I like the Malign Portents stories but I wish they were more than "poo poo's bad for everyone everywhere".

I guess you could say I want more than... malign portents.

They're leading up to 2nd ed, which is "Oh poo poo, Nagash was up to some fuckery all this time and we didn't notice, and now it's too late to stop him!"

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

berzerkmonkey posted:

New Malign Portents story.

Also, the new Stormcast podcast (totally NOT affiliated with Stormfront, we promise!) is available both in podcast form and on Warhammer TV's YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yw9xSDWiHA

I've gone through the first one, and my thought is that it is too short, which means that there is not enough time to properly speak to guests about, well, anything. I'm hoping they change the format a bit (looks like about 15 minutes every couple of days is the release schedule so far) and lengthen the podcast to allow for some decent content, rather than a "here's the new poo poo we want you to buy!"-cast, which it can very easily become.

EDIT: Christ, I don't understand GW. There has been no announcement of the Stormcast podcast any place other than the AoS Facebook page. Not Warhammer Community, not Warhammer TV's Facebook page. They are still so terrible at having a media presence.

I saw it all over the Twitter tbh

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I gave the first episode a listen on the way home from work today and it wasn’t bad. It’s obviously never going to be as funny or personal as something like the 40k Badcast but the hosts seemed genuinely enthusiastic and it was pretty neat hearing what the rules writers have to say.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

SRM posted:

Free Company Militia, the Altdorf Alehounds (Talabheim Tappers?):

This brings my regiment to 30 dudes, and I can toss in the random 10 halberds I have if I want to make a good block of 40 Freeguild Guard with militia weapons.

Looking awesome. I feel like they'd ally well with the mounted general I made a while back for my Stirland army:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tadhg posted:

Looking awesome. I feel like they'd ally well with the mounted general I made a while back for my Stirland army:

This dude owns. I'd follow him into hell.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

JBP posted:

This dude owns. I'd follow him into hell.

Well, I mean, it's Stirland. You'd already be in the neighborhood.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tadhg posted:

A good and proper Stirlander. :911:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anyone have experience with Secret Weapon have a suggestion for a good pick up from m their store? There was a screw up with their recent Kickstarter so now I have a 20% coupon and $4 in credit.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like you just pick what realm you want your army to be from.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/30/30th-may-rules-preview-artefacts-of-the-realmsgw-homepage-post-2/

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Tadhg posted:

This guy owns and he would inspire my band of drunks to die even faster.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Those Free Peoples own and I hope they get a battletome for AoS 2. I'm looking at the Seraphon and Tzeentch stuff and wincing at all the references to cast range.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Those sisters of the watch are awesome. Haven't seen those models before.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Used to be Sisters of Avalorn from the FB High Elves. Only, yeah Avalorn don't exist no more.

They're shockingly effective archers with bonus anti-Chaos abilities.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
They're getting released in a DLC for Total War: Warhammer 2 tomorrow and appear to be pretty scary.

I'm really hoping they do a Total War: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at some point. Stuff like Stormcast would work really well in that engine.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 31, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Honestly, getting to see their magic anime bullshit bows animated is a joy. Can't wait to run Avalorn gimmick armies and rain the 4th of July down on some rats.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Those Free Peoples own and I hope they get a battletome for AoS 2. I'm looking at the Seraphon and Tzeentch stuff and wincing at all the references to cast range.

There are so many factions that need proper book releases it isn't even funny

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And some armies who got book releases who desperately need more support anyway. Like Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz (yes I'm biased).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And some armies who got book releases who desperately need more support anyway. Like Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz (yes I'm biased).

All of destruction needs a ton of help and plenty of Chaos does too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Well those books came before the game started having stuff like Alligence abilities and such.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Stormcast could use some more good units

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Stormcast Death and Destruction could use some more good units factions

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
not before they release about a dozen more stormfront kits, its what all the kits are buying these days

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Free People.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/30/30th-may-faction-focus-free-peoplesgw-homepage-post-3/

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I read this, and then went back and read the Skaven post, and cried a little on the inside.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Anyone play wanderers right now? Are they decent as a faction?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

TKIY posted:

Anyone play wanderers right now? Are they decent as a faction?

They are pretty powerful, yeah. Can't speak to 2e obviously, the shooting nerf they won't like, but they sure seem better than Wood Elves ever were.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

S.J. posted:

There are so many factions that need proper book releases it isn't even funny

Is there a full list? Off the top of my head, here's the subfactions without battletomes:
- Free People
- Dispossesed
- Wanderers
- Old High Elves
- Old Dark Elves
- Giants
- Goblins
- Old-school Ogres
- Slaves to Darkness
- Chaos Monsters
- Slaanesh
- Odd Death Bits
- Skaven

So I guess my wishlist is:
- Full updates for all pre-Maggotkin battletomes.
- Battletome: Free Peoples, which covers all the old Empire, Dwarf and Wood Elf/Dark Elf stuff.
- Roll Chaos Monsters + Darkoath stuff into a Slaves to Darkness tome (bring back chaos mammoths you cowards).
- Slaanesh battletome, hopefully doing something new and fun with the themes.
- Full Skaven battletome with clan allegience abilities.
- Roll Ironjawz and Bonesplitters with Gargants into a Greenskins tome - keep Goblins seperate.
- New models for Flesheater Courts and Ironjaws.
- Roll old Ogres with Beastclaw Raiders into a full Ogre tome.
- Battletomes for the Light Realm elves?

This is probably all subservient to more Stormcast releases because GW, but I feel like the smaller factions need some love.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Beastman preview is up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/31/31st-may-faction-focus-the-beasts-of-chaosgw-homepage-post-3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Nothing about consolidating the Beastmen into a new force, which is what they desperately need. I guess the points cost drops are nice?

• Locked thread