Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let's pretend it's Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
It's totally the weekend!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm a-Frayed our time is almost over with this book.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Go for the thick ones!” you instruct Liz.

You and Liz grab the fraying ropes and start climbing. “Get them!” Dr. Wicked shouts. He’s not going to let you get away.

“Pull!” you encourage Liz. “Faster!”

You notice a few strands of rope coming loose under your hands. Maybe we should have taken the other ropes, you think. But there’s no time for that now. You’ve got to climb!

It’s harder than you thought it would be. The ropes aren’t anchored anywhere, so you and Liz swing wildly through the air.

What happens next is a total accident. You and Liz were just trying to get away, that’s all. But while you are swinging out of control, you accidentally swing into Dr. Wicked. And Liz swings into the whole row of workers.

Like bowling pins being knocked over by a giant bowling ball, Dr. Wicked and the workers fall into the vats of hot wax below. Their screams fill the laboratory. Dr. Wicked is destroyed.

“It was them or us,” you say to Liz as you slide down the ropes and land safely.

“Right,” Liz says weakly. “Them or us.”

“Mmfffffggbgbff!” a muffled voice says from the table.

quote:

“Jake!” you and Liz exclaim together. But this time you call out his name with happiness instead of horror.

You hurry over to the table he’s tied to, and pull the tape off his mouth and eyes.

“What do you think, Liz?” you ask, winking at her. “Should we unstrap him? After all, he’s the one who got us into this mess in the first place.”

“Come on,” Jake pleads. “This was no picnic for me either, you know. They had me heading for the bath of the century.”

You and Liz laugh as you untie Jake. He stands up, shakes his legs to get the circulation going, and says, “So, what did I miss?”

Liz rolls her eyes. You’re just about to give Jake a friendly punch on the shoulder, when you hear another familiar voice.

“Uh-oh,” you say. “Here comes more trouble.”

quote:

“Mr. Dunning!” you, Liz, and Jake all cry at once. “What are you doing here?”

“Good question,” Mr. Dunning says angrily. “I might ask you the same thing! I thought I told you to wait in the lobby!”

“Ah... well... we... uh...” Jake stammers.

“Never mind that now. I’ll deal with you three later. Maybe missing this wonderful trip was punishment enough. We saw everything there was to see and even met the owner of the museum himself, Dr. Wicked. Haven’t seen him lately, though. Anyway, you three really missed out on a lot. I hope you’ve learned a lesson after this experience.”

“Oh, we sure have, Mr. Dunning,” you say. “We definitely, positively, sure have!”

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 2/2:siren:

Bad Endings
Accidentally phoned up the guy who kidnapped us.
Driven off the side of a cliff.
Trapped in a steaming tube and shrunken into a speck.
Absorbed by a slime monster under a bed.
Derailed the plot by not making suicidally bad choices.
Scooped into the back of a trash truck and presumably compacted.
Forced to run in a giant hamster wheel until we lost the will to live.
Turned into a candle by a tornado because we knew how to find our lifeline.
Dunked into hot wax after being cut free from a rope.
Paralyzed by an ambiguously-labeled lever and loaded into a skin-scraping machine.
Strangled to death by the Strangler.
Frozen solid and used as part of the Executioner exhibit.
Trapped in a room listening to a recording of your teacher's voice.
Dismembered into a collection of self-aware facial features.
Had our entire skeleton surgically removed.

Achievements
On the Chopping Block: Killed the Executioner with his own axe.

And with that, our adventures in the Wicked Wax Museum come to a close. Still, just to be sure we get the full complement of horrific endings, here's what happens if we arrive at the final confrontation with Sybil without the mirror:

quote:

You search your pockets frantically. But it’s no use. You never carry a mirror.

The Sybil-monster grabs you. She holds you with one hand. With the other, she wheels the Face Lifter forward.

“Your face is mine,” she croons. “Relax. Don’t fight it.”

Her putrid flesh is so horrifying that you can’t even struggle. You hang limp in her grasp, staring helplessly.

The mechanical arms of the Face Lifter reach toward you. Tiny drills whirl. Pincers snap. Scalpels slice.

You can’t bear to watch anymore. You shut your eyes.

quote:

After a while you decide it’s safe to open your eyes again.

Hey, who turned out the lights? You can’t see a thing!

“Hello?” you try to call.

There’s something wrong. You can’t seem to open your mouth to form the words!

An awful suspicion is forming in your mind. With trembling fingers, you reach up to touch your face.

There’s nothing there! No eyes, no mouth, no nose. Instead, all you feel is blank, smooth wax.

“No! No! No!” you moan. Or you try to moan. Actually, it sounds more like, “Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!” because you have no mouth.

You don’t want to believe it. But she did it. Sybil Wicked really did it. She stole your face.

Face it! This is really...

THE END

Next time, we discover we are very, very bad at making wishes.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 24, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You straight up murder Dr. Wicked and the main character is just like "gently caress him." afterwards.

This is the most metal Goosebumps book ever. :allears:

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

What, no reference to I have no mouth and I must scream?

I wish I had read this one as a kid, it's absolute nightmare fuel in a really cool way. Which one's next, the genie book?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

GIVE YOURSELF GOOSEBUMPS #13: SCREAM OF THE EVIL GENIE

quote:

“Anybody home?” you call, charging into your house after school one day. The door bangs shut behind you.

Silence. Total silence.

“Hello? Mom? Dad? Anybody?”

No answer.

Weird, you think. You drop your schoolbooks on the living-room table and hurry toward the kitchen.

Why is there no one around? Not even your brother or sister. You’ve never come home and found the place empty.

Your footsteps creak on the floor as you head for the kitchen door.

“Mom?” you call again. Nothing.

You feel a little creepy all alone in the house. Then you think of something that makes you grin.

No one’s here – you can do anything you want!

Time to raid the refrigerator!

You zoom into the kitchen and yank open the fridge door.

Yes! It’s packed. There’s some leftover pizza, a whole container of nacho cheese sauce, chocolate cake, a big bottle of fruit punch, two six-packs of cola, and fried chicken legs.

You’re reaching for some cake when something catches your eye.

Hey – did one of those cola cans move?

quote:

You stare at the cola can. Nothing happens.

It’s only a can of soda, you tell yourself. The silence must be getting to you.

You grab the cola from the six-pack, along with some chips and a slab of chocolate cake. Why not? You don’t usually have a chance to pig out like this!

Then you head for the family room. You flop down on the couch in front of the TV. No battle over the remote today!

Where is everybody, anyway? you wonder again.

You flip up the tab on the cola can to open it. Instantly you hear the fizzy gas escaping.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Whoa! The fizzing won’t stop! You shove the can away from you, holding it out away from your body. The can must have been shaken up.

A fine wet spray shoots out all over you. Then a cloud of misty white gas begins escaping from the can. Your eyes widen as the cloud grows bigger and bigger. It fills the room like a giant mushroom cloud.

Your mouth drops open in awe.

Something else is coming out of the can!

Something alive!

quote:

With a loud hissing sound, a ghostly, life-sized young woman squeezes out of the cola can and floats in front of you.

“Ouch!” she exclaims. She shakes herself off like a wet dog. The mist scatters around her. “That hurt!”

For another second, she hovers above the coffee table. Her form is thin and airy, like a hologram.

Then she suddenly becomes solid. She drops to the ground and lands on her two feet with a thud.

“Hi!” she greets you. “What’s up?”

You don’t answer her. You can’t. You’re too shocked to make your mouth move.

Instead, you stare at the amazing person standing in your family room. She’s got spiky red-and-purple hair and five earrings. She’s wearing a fuzzy, short black sweater and baggy blue jeans with black combat boots.

“Hey! I’m talking to you!” she yells.

quote:

“Uh, hi,” you answer. You’re too surprised to say much else.

She’s cool, you think, watching her strut around as if she owns the place. Definitely cool.

“Nice place – sort of!” she exclaims with a snorty kind of laugh. She flops down in a big stuffed chair across from you, stretches her legs out, and lets her combat boots fall on the coffee table with a clunk. She flashes you a big smile.

“Okay, let’s cut to the chase,” she rattles off. “My name’s Jenna. I’m a genie – and you’ve got three wishes. Boom. Boom. Boom. Whatever you want. Three things. Fame, fortune, a giant bag of diamond rings – you name it. Except I don’t do windows. And I don’t do guns, knives, or death. If you want to off someone, get another genie. Got that?”

“Uh, yeah,” you mutter, finding your voice.

“So what’s it going to be? Make your first wish,” she insists.

quote:

Before you can ask one of the zillion questions swimming around in your brain, Jenna snaps her fingers.

“Oops! Wait,” she cries. “There’s something I forgot to tell you. The most important part. When you want to make another wish, you’ve got to open the cola can again. Then WHOOSH! I’ll pop out and say ‘What’s up?’ and we can boogie from there. Got it?”

“No!” You shake your head hard. “I don’t get any of this. How did you get into that can in the first place? And how can I open it again if it’s already open? And how can you come out again? You’re already out.”

“It’s a genie thing,” Jenna explains with a toss of her head. “Believe me – I’ll be in there. Take my word for it.”

You’re too astonished to argue with her. Is this for real?

“Okay, hurry up,” Jenna says. “Make a wish. I don’t have all day.”

If you wish to be a big celebrity, turn to PAGE 73.

If you wish to be the richest kid in the world, turn to PAGE 45.

If you wish to be the best-looking kid in the world, turn to PAGE 39.

If you wish for something else besides money, fame, or good looks, turn to PAGE 66.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Cola Can:siren:

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Something else seems like the best choice for getting a less obvious corrupted wish.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I get the feeling that death is still an outcome for us despite those rules, Jenna.

Something else!

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, I had this one, and it's the one book I remember more or less how went. I recall it having its fair share of those annoying "R. L. Stine thinks he's down with the kids" moments.

I know exactly where these four options take us, so I'll refrain from voting on this one.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I remember reading through this in a WHSmith.

Let's wish for something else.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"I saw Wishmaster, I know how this crap goes! Something else!"

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
That genie is wearing some rather unconventional attire.

But then again, she came out of a cola can.

I get the feeling 66 just gets us re-routed back her, but hey,

Let's wish for something else! Like another genie!

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

PumpkinBat posted:

That genie is wearing some rather unconventional attire.

She's "cool". This is what Stine thinks kids think is cool.
Even as a kid, I almost always found Stine's attempts at being hip and cool and down with the kids extremely groanworthy.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

For a minute, you don’t know what to say.

This totally cool genie pops out of a cola can and offers you three wishes? You can’t believe it!

But you know what you’ll wish for. Something awesome. You can picture it there in front of you.

Before you put it into words, you hear a car pull up.

“Uh, oh,” you tell the genie quickly. “My mom’s home. You’ve got to hide! Come on. To my room!”

Motioning for her to follow you, you race down the hall. You push Jenna behind your closet door, so your mom won’t see her when she comes in.

And you know your mom will come in any minute now. She always does. First thing, every day when you get home from school, she nags you about your homework. Then scolds you about not making your bed. And then insists you clean your room.

“Hi, Lambikins!” your mom calls as she enters the house.

You cringe when you hear the babyish name.

Jenna snorts. Then she pretends to put a finger down her throat and fakes a gag.

You giggle. “You’re so cool. I wish you were my mom,” you blurt out.

“You wish I were your mom?” Jenna declares. “I can do that.”

quote:

BAM! A door slams at the back of the house, startling you. Someone’s home.

Wait a minute, you think. You already heard your mom’s footsteps down the hall.

So who just came in?

You pop out of your room and spot your big brother Randy bounding into the family room. He’s sixteen years old and really clumsy. Your mom says he’s at an awkward age. His hands and feet seem too big for the rest of him.

Jenna follows you to the family room and flops down on the couch.

“Hi, Mom,” Randy mumbles as he glances at Jenna. “What’s up?”

Wait a minute – what did he just call Jenna?

quote:

“Hey, Randy,” Jenna answers. She’s chewing gum and popping it loudly. “Good day at school?”

“It was okay,” Randy answers her. “But I got kicked out of math class – for not having my homework done.”

Jenna shakes her head. “Your teacher’s a jerk,” she tells Randy. “Don’t worry about it.”

“Right,” Randy agrees. He flops down on the couch beside her.

You stare at him, your eyes wide. Then you stare at Jenna. You can’t believe this.

Why does Randy act as if he knows her? As if he’s seen her before? Why isn’t he freaking out?

“What are you looking at, goof?” Randy snaps at you.

“Uh, Rando,” you say, using his nickname. You lower your voice and lean close to him. “See that person next to you? With all the earrings and the combat boots and the wild hair? Who is it?” you ask him.

“What planet are you on?” Randy snorts. “That’s Mom.”

quote:

This is getting weird. Way too weird.

She’s really done it! Jenna has turned into your mom!

You’re not at all sure you like it...

“Rando.” You try again. “That’s not really Mom. Our mom is blonde, and she’s forty years old, and she wears pink sweatpants. Remember?”

“Give me a break!” Randy punches you lightly on the shoulder. “I’m not in the mood for games.”

“I’m serious!” you whisper loudly. “That’s not Mom! That’s some kind of genie who just came out of a cola can. She gave me three wishes, and I wished she’d be our mom. And now she is.”

“Very funny,” Randy says. But he doesn’t laugh.

“I’ll prove it to you,” you tell him.

You reach over and grab the cola can sitting on the coffee table in front of him. It’s the can you just opened – the can Jenna popped out of. But it’s not open anymore.

You stare down at it. How can this be? you wonder. The can is sealed up and it feels full.

“Hey – careful with that,” Jenna warns.

quote:

You gaze at the cola can.

“Why?” you ask Jenna.

“You’ll find out,” she answers mysteriously.

She looks so serious that you gently place the cola can back on the table.

Hey – didn’t Jenna say she’d go back into the cola can each time you made a wish? So why is she still here?

Easy answer, you think. You wished it. You wished for her to be your mom. And it came true!

But if Jenna’s out here, what’s in the cola can now?

Randy stands up. You grab his arm. “Randy! She’s not our real mom,” you insist. “You’ve got to believe me!”

“Oh, stop already!” Randy yanks his arm away from you. “If she can grant wishes, I wish your face would turn blue.”

He stomps out of the room. But at the doorway, he glances back at you.

“Yeow!” Randy shouts. “How did that happen?”

“What?” you ask.

“Your face,” he cries, pointing. “It’s... it’s blue!”

You leap off the couch and race to a mirror.

Oh, no! Your face really is blue! Now what?

If you wish your face were its normal color again, turn to PAGE 53.

If you don't mind having a blue face, turn to PAGE 18.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If our mom is a genie, does that mean we now have magical powers?

What's wrong with having a blue face, anyway? Saves us some effort for sports games.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Didn't remember this particular "blue face" bit.

Let's wish that face away and then use our third wish to resolve this already hosed up situation before it gets any worse.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Are...are we the genie now?

Blue means we are deprived of oxygen, so wish it away!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm blue da ba dee da ba DIE.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm blue da ba dee da ba DIE.

Assuming this is a vote for not wishing our face back to normal, it's tied.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Mr Carpainter was right.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide to go on living with a blue face. Why not?

You don’t want to waste one of your three wishes just to turn your face back to its regular color. And besides – your new mom has red-and-purple hair. A blue face will fit right in!

There’s only one thing that’s bothering you...

“Uh, M-m-mom?” you stammer. It’s weird calling Jenna by that name. “Uh, how come my face turned blue when Randy made a wish?”

“I’m giving him two wishes,” she answers you. “Or maybe three. Or four! I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll like him better than you.”

“You can’t do that!” you cry.

“Who says?” Jenna replies.

Randy’s mouth is open so wide, it’s hanging down to his chest. Finally he closes it enough to talk.

“Give me a break,” Randy says, looking at you. “You don’t really believe Mom can grant wishes. You don’t think *I* did that, do you? Like, if I say, I wish that your face will be pink-and-yellow stripes, it’s going to turn – WHOA!”

quote:

Randy doesn’t even have time to finish his sentence. In an instant, your face is covered with pink-and-yellow stripes.

“I wish you’d shut your mouth!” you snap at Randy.

“No problem,” Jenna says with a giggle.

Uh-oh. You blurted out another wish without thinking. You glance at your brother. His eyes are wild. Full of terror. He’s trying desperately to open his mouth. He pries at his lips with his fingers, tugging. Pulling. Twisting. No matter what he does, he can’t get his mouth open.

“How’s he going to eat?” you ask Jenna, your voice rising.

“That’s your problem,” she says with a sly smile.

Okay – think! you tell yourself. You’ve only got one wish left. What should you wish for?

Finally you decide.

“I wish you’d give me the rest of Randy’s wishes,” you tell Jenna. You think this is pretty clever, so you start to smile.

But Jenna just laughs. “Granted,” she says. “But he doesn’t have any wishes left! I didn’t like him better than you after all. Ha-ha!”

Uh-oh. You just used up your last wish.

Oh, well. Your face is pink and yellow. But it probably should be red after all the mistakes you’ve made!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Accidentally wasted all our wishes within two minutes of getting them.:siren:

Achievements
None yet.

Our options posted:

• Wish to be a celebrity.
  • Wish to be rich.
  • Wish to be good-looking.
  • Wish our face back to normal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All things considered, this isn't that bad of an ending. Aside from our mom and soon to be dead brother, I guess.

Wish our face back to normal, I guess.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

I see we're not playing as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Yeah, wish the face back to normal.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Adamant posted:

I see we're not playing as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Yeah, wish the face back to normal.

Well, somebody once told us the world was gonna roll...

[gets shot]

[writes wish face back to normal in blood]

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Your face really is blue! Bright blue. Even your scalp is blue. You rub at the color, hoping it will come off. No luck. You are permanently blue – but just down to your neck. The rest of you is the regular color.

“What’s going on?” you cry, whirling around to face Jenna.

“He made a wish – I granted it,” she says with a shrug. “I’m the mom. And I say everyone in this family gets two more wishes. Like you’ve got two more wishes. You’ve got a problem with that?”

“Yes, I’ve got a problem!” you scream at her. “Look at me!”

“You don’t like it,” Jenna snaps, “fix it.”

You hate to use up your second wish this way. But you’ve got to. You can’t stand to go around with a blue face!

“Okay, okay,” you mutter. “I wish my face were the normal color again.”

You run back to the mirror to see if the wish worked. But you can already tell from Randy’s reaction – it did.

“Wow!” he says to Jenna. “Awesome! How did you do that, Mom?”

“It’s easy,” Jenna brags. “I’ve had years of practice. Thousands of years.”

Randy glances at you with a twinkle in his eye.

“I know what I want next!” he announces.

“Randy – don’t you dare!” you scream at him.

quote:

But you can’t stop your brother from blurting out his wish.

“I wish I could have the wildest, most amazing party ever,” he says. “And I wish it were happening right now!”

WHOOSH!

You feel a sudden rush of dizziness, and for a moment the world seems to go black.

When you open your eyes, it’s nighttime.

And your house is full of happy, noisy, partying high-school kids!

This isn’t so bad, you think. Randy could have wished for something a lot worse.

You glance around the family room. You’re standing in exactly the same spot you were before.

But the room has changed. It’s lit by candles. Music blares from the stereo system, and mobs of kids are pressed against you, trying to shove and dance their way through the crowd. Everyone’s drinking cola...

Hey! you suddenly think. Where’s that cola can? The one Jenna came out of? The one she told you to be careful with. It was on the coffee table a minute ago.

Now it’s gone!

quote:

The cola can! You have to find it before someone else does.

Because who knows what would happen then?

Jenna warned you to be careful with it. It must be very special.

You spot a guy in an orange T-shirt hanging out near the television. He’s holding an unopened can of cola, and talking to a bunch of Randy’s friends.

Is that the one? Was that can sitting on the coffee table a minute ago?

You’re just about to ask him, when you hear a sound you recognize all too well.

Your five-year-old sister, Kate.

Screaming her head off.

If you continue searching for the cola can, turn to PAGE 13.

If you run to see what's wrong with Kate, turn to PAGE 100.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Accidentally wasted all our wishes within two minutes of getting them.

Achievements
None yet.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Rebonack7 posted:

the wildest, most amazing party ever

Rebonack7 posted:

Everyone’s drinking cola...

Continue searching for that can and wish reality back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well Jenna is still their mother. Gotta keep it PG-13!

Adamant posted:

Continue searching for that can and wish reality back.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

A cold, scary feeling in your stomach tells you that you’d better find that cola can before you do anything else.

So you ignore your little sister’s cries. She screams all the time anyway.

You approach the guy in the orange T-shirt.

“Uh, hey, that’s my cola,” you tell him. “I mean, I think it is. Where did you get it?”

“Whoa!” The guy holds up his hands and takes a step back. “Talk about paranoid! It’s just a soft drink, kid. There are plenty of them in the kitchen. Check out the fridge.”

“I know,” you say. “I know. But, uh, I need a certain one. The one that was on the coffee table.”

“No big deal.” The guy shrugs. “You want it? You got it.”

He tosses you the can. Is it the one?

You turn away from the guy and pop open the top.

No whoosh. No fizzing sound. Nothing pops out.

You sigh. It must just be a can of cola. So you start to take a sip.

Then you freeze, the can lifted to your lips. Your heart stops.

You don’t believe it.

From inside the can, you hear a tiny, blood-curdling scream.

quote:

“Help me!” a tiny voice begs from inside the soda can. “Get me out of here – right now!”

Your heart skips a beat as you peer into the can. You gasp.

Inside the can is a tiny living person with blonde hair and pink sweatpants.

It’s your mom! Except that she’s only five inches tall!

“Mom?” you shriek.

“Get me out of here!” your mother calls from inside the can. “I’m trapped!”

You glance around the dark family room to see if anyone’s watching. No one is. The music is blaring so loudly, no one else seems to hear your mom talking inside the can.

“Get me out,” your mom cries, “or you’re going to be in big trouble!”

You don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Your mom has shrunk to the size of a pencil, but she’s still scolding you.

“Okay,” you assure your mom. “I’ll get you out.”

But how? She’s too big to fit through the hole. And you really don’t want to use up your last wish getting her out. “Should I use a can opener?” you wonder out loud.

Suddenly someone grabs your arm.

“NO!” Jenna shouts in your ear.

quote:

You jump, startled by Jenna’s anger.

“What’s wrong?” you ask her. “Why shouldn’t I use a can opener on the can?”

“You just can’t,” Jenna says firmly. “No way. That’s my can. I decide what happens to it.”

“But my mom’s in there,” you protest.

Jenna drags you out of the family room, to a bathroom down the hall. It’s quieter in there. More private.

“Take my word for it – that’s not the way to get her out,” Jenna insists. Her eyes flash a scary warning look at you.

“Who are you talking to?” your tiny mother calls from inside the can. She’s so small, almost everything she says sounds like a whine. “Are you going to get me out or not?”

Well? Are you?

For an instant, you’re not sure what to do.

Your mom sounds so pathetic. You really want to help her.

And besides, you’re getting sick of having Jenna around.

But you don’t want to use up your last wish to get your mom out of the can. So what are you going to do?

If you open the can with a can opener, turn to PAGE 40.

If you tell your mom "tough luck," turn to PAGE 51.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Cola Can

Bad Endings

Achievements
None yet.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Can opener, and wow, this got surreal and dark quickly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jenna is our mom now. Deal with it. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 29, 2018

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

I remember less of this book than I thought I did. Can't remember any of this.

Jenna specifically said this is not the way to get mom out, so we probably shouldn't gently caress with the can in case destroying it kills her ability to make wishes come true and thus leaves us unable to reverse any of this.
Tough luck, mom.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sorry, mom.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

How do you say “tough luck” to your mom?

“Uh, mom,” you begin. “Uh, I can’t get you out of there.”

“What?” your mom shrieks. “Why not?”

“A genie gave me three wishes and I’ve already used two,” you explain. “So I’d have to use up my last wish to get you out.”

“Hmmmmmmmm.” Your mother puts a tiny finger on the tip of her nose. That’s what she always does when she’s thinking.

Then she gestures for you to bring your face down to the can. She whispers in your ear. You have to strain to hear her.

“Mom!” you cry. “You’re a genius!”

Then you turn to Jenna. “Here’s my wish,” you tell the genie. “I wish for unlimited wishes!”

“No! No! No!” Jenna flops down on the floor, kicking and screaming. “I hate that wish!”

You cross your arms and glare at her. “Well, that’s the wish! You have to give it to me.”

“Okay,” Jenna grumbles. She snaps her fingers. “Satisfied?”

You and your mom grin at each other. She reaches her hand out of the can to slap you a high five. You tap her palm with your pinky.

From now on, you’re going to listen to your mom! She’s pretty cool after all!

THE END

Hey, she technically never said we couldn't wish for infinite wishes!

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Cola Can

Bad Endings

Achievements
:siren:Can't Believe That Worked: Made Jenna give us unlimited wishes.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Wish to be a celebrity.
  • Wish to be rich.
  • Wish to be good-looking.
  • See what's wrong with Kate.
  • Open the can with a can opener.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

OK, this book is awesome for that alone. FINALLY, that stunt works.

Break out the can opener.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

I kinda wish I remembered this bit. Our protag is rather dumb for not coming up with this himself, though.

The can opener is probably a bad ending, so check why our sister is screaming instead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe we got a goal good ending already.

Can opener.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't believe we got a goal good ending already.

Not necessarily. Most likely Jenna will do everything in her power to ruin even the most carefully-worded wishes, and with us at the helm it's only a matter of time.

Can opener!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Too bad we can't just give Mom all the wishes.

Can opener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

PumpkinBat posted:

Not necessarily. Most likely Jenna will do everything in her power to ruin even the most carefully-worded wishes, and with us at the helm it's only a matter of time.

But with unlimited wishes, we can always just say "I wish you would undo that last wish" or "I wish my next wish would go perfectly" or something.

Can opener time