Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Doner on pizza would be pretty sweet. I'll miss the pepperoni, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The burning of Marrakesh will forever have a prominent place in our national mythos.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

But Sweden is Russian in this timeline. I'm not even kidding, the Kebabpizza is an infamously Swedish dish OTL.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Greeks love gyro on pizza. I used to serve one that was gyro and fried eggplant.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Yeah, France joining in was way more devastating than Russia, as it turned out.

Rodyle posted:

Greeks love gyro on pizza. I used to serve one that was gyro and fried eggplant.

That sounds pretty good, I'd definitely like to try that some time.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Margherita pizza with gyro meat, feta, and tzatztiki is great too.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Luhood posted:

But Sweden is Russian in this timeline. I'm not even kidding, the Kebabpizza is an infamously Swedish dish OTL.

I know :)

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Time to cut off Tirrunni's Ding Dong, Al-Andalus Style.

Also, let's not ignore Andalusian Paella Pizza.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Snipee posted:

It is true that the history of Al Andalus is the story of much wasted potential, but god drat it, we are survivors.

Precisely this. And suck it, Morocco, we’re negotiating from a position of relative strength all things considered.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly the smart decision probably would've been to peace out sooner, since the only thing Andalus has to win out of the current hellwar is two provinces and an incredibly unlikely chance at snagging the rock of Gibraltar. It was a whole war to empower big brother Tirruni and disempower massive titan Morocco.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Well, that went better than expected.

And gently caress everyone for making me hunger for a döner and/or pizza now.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Honestly the smart decision probably would've been to peace out sooner, since the only thing Andalus has to win out of the current hellwar is two provinces and an incredibly unlikely chance at snagging the rock of Gibraltar. It was a whole war to empower big brother Tirruni and disempower massive titan Morocco.

We already own Gibraltar, don't we?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Well, we did managed to break Morocco's global empire (wich wouldn't have happened if we had bowed out of the war sooner) and Tirruni is gonna get cut down to size sooo, maybe this is the best ending for us?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Can't wait for us to complete gently caress up the peace conference. :downsbravo:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Can't wait for us to complete gently caress up the peace conference. :downsbravo:

It's fine, we just need the insane goon hive mind to choose the options which don't royally piss off everyone else :v:

Though if there's a "get cores on the whole peninsula but piss off half of Europe" option I'm going to vote for it because that poo poo is ours drat it.

Pacho posted:

Well, we did managed to break Morocco's global empire (wich wouldn't have happened if we had bowed out of the war sooner) and Tirruni is gonna get cut down to size sooo, maybe this is the best ending for us?

Turning on Tirruni earlier might have worked but I just kind of assumed that it would be inviting him to completely gently caress us up while ignoring everyone else. Look how pooped on Bavaria got.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Much easier to make a case for reunification if we’re in possession of the territory.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I stand by every one of my decisions in this entire thread.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We wouldn't be having these issues if you people had actually voted for Ulema policies. God would have provided everything we needed to spread Islam :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean alternatively knowing our luck we peaced out just in time for Ireland to invade England, Scandinavia Russia, and India to revolt, with us benefiting from none of it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Allah bless Al-Andalus, we came out alive.

Now to hope for the Iberian kingdom to collapse...

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ibblebibble posted:

Allah bless Al-Andalus, we came out alive.

Now to hope for the Iberian kingdom to collapse...

Collapse? My lad, the Tirruni Empire is caving from all sides, it's ours for the taking!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rodyle posted:

I mean alternatively knowing our luck we peaced out just in time for Ireland to invade England, Scandinavia Russia, and India to revolt, with us benefiting from none of it.

I don't know MOTE very well, but if Bavaria's any example, it seems like repatedly entering the same war over and over is nbd

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Im surprised we wern't hosed over by the RNG in the Battle of Valencia.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

we couldn't get cartagena back from morocco though, could we? they might get something off us for that in the congress of wherever

i think the out-of-game consequences of invading morocco are going to outweigh what we lost in the game, and even in the game i bet their invasions of andalusia would've been a lot stronger if they hadn't had to win a war in morocco, so we might've saved ourselves much worse fates than worrying about the bit they have by losing that army in morocco

vv yeah i'm assuming we'll be peaced out with them for the rest of this war, so the next game will start with them holding a bit of europe. unless we can negotiate it away from them

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 30, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

oystertoadfish posted:

we couldn't get cartagena back from morocco though, could we? they might get something off us for that in the congress of wherever

I wouldn't imagine so, but we might be able to leverage that into some territory from Tirruni/The Iberian Kingdom.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lol everyone is going to hate us going into vicky it'll be great

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think Tirunni was revealed as a fraud because his athiest cult was just shown that god loving hates him, no matter which one.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

AJ_Impy posted:

Much easier to make a case for reunification if we’re in possession of the territory.

This wandering Jew speaks sense. We should re-unite Iberia under our progressive, multicultural state. Allah clearly wills it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Obviously we fell short of our ambitions, but we still escaped the war having substantially increased our territory and bloodied our long-standing rival.

I also cannot imagine that the other European powers, excluding maybe France, come out of the conflict in a stable position, having annihilated an entire generation in a largely aggressive series of wars.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Soon, we will meet Tirunni and he will suffer his defeat at TTL's equivalent of the Battle of Watergate.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Danny Glands posted:

the Battle of Watergate.

Ah yes, when the Duke of Wellington was able to hold against the forces of Nixon until Blucher arrived with the missing 18 minutes of tape.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
While not a great power, we have significantly improved our international prestige and proven that we can hold our own in these wars. We razed Marrakesh! Maybe we can start Vicky with a decent prestige score.

Then we can become a great power based on our music patronage, like any secondary power in vicky :v:

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Great job! Instead of taking peace when Morocco offered Cartagena and Ceuta, we bravely kept on fighting for the white peace!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Grillfiend posted:

Great job! Instead of taking peace when Morocco offered Cartagena and Ceuta, we bravely kept on fighting for the white peace!

I believe you'll find we also lost an entire well trained regiment and an accomplished general, who I might add, cost a FORTUNE to maintain. We just got saved a ton of money on pay. #LookOnTheBrightSide

Though let's not kid ourselves, if a vote had been held on whether to continue the war or peace out, we know how we all would have voted.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I can't believe the real final blow wasn't Russia, it was Frangland of all places.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Danny Glands posted:

Soon, we will meet Tirunni and he will suffer his defeat at TTL's equivalent of the Battle of Watergate.

The crazy thing about Waterloo is that it wasn't the big defeat that ended Napoleon's reign as emperor, he had already mostly lost that and been deposed and exiled by that point. Waterloo was the end of Napoleon's electric boogaloo, where he escaped his exile, and with little more than his own charisma and the army's resentment about having been beaten the first time around, and spent a 110 days running around Europe before getting put down for the last time.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

SlothfulCobra posted:

The crazy thing about Waterloo is that it wasn't the big defeat that ended Napoleon's reign as emperor, he had already mostly lost that and been deposed and exiled by that point. Waterloo was the end of Napoleon's electric boogaloo, where he escaped his exile, and with little more than his own charisma and the army's resentment about having been beaten the first time around, and spent a 110 days running around Europe before getting put down for the last time.

And Tirruni will do the same thing, except he wins in the end and conquers all of Europe and Andalusia is punished for its perfidious betrayal of the ideals of the revolution.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Isn't Tirruni pushing 70 by this point? Hashim, does Tirruni have any kids?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

He put his kid in charge of Iberia or Italy or something, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Northern Iberia and a good chunk of Italy, I think

Cycloneman posted:

And Tirruni will do the same thing, except he wins in the end and conquers all of Europe and Andalusia is punished for its perfidious betrayal of the ideals of the revolution.

Perfidious Andalusia :argh: