Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's Black Dwarf renamed for Infinity War. The movie also renamed the Black Order/Cull Obsidian the "Children of Thanos."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Kinda bummed Hyperion rework wasn’t included :(

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Finally, rank up tickets will stack.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Loving these updates except the lab deploy thing, now I gotta rank it up lol.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The Dave posted:

It looks like the Strange uniform is pretty blah so they're selling it for only 350.

I figure it "should" still be the better uniform than the current one since it's a 1750 base price, it's just on an 80% discount instead of 40%. But I guess we'll see. It's still an instabuy for me.

I don't think he'll have Images of Ikonn from the movie as one of the skill changes though, that'll probably end up being his T3 skill.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm excited by all the costumes that got downgraded to gold prices. I'm just gonna buy them for the gently caress of it. Like most of them are clearly old costumes that aren't of value now since there are better ones, but some of them are people there's no other costume for so its something. And I'll buy the other ones too for the fun of it. I get to have Iron Patriot while I save up for the new War Machine costume. And I've only bought one of them before this (Falcon Cap).

I'm also curious about the Lab changes. I use the store a lot so I'm curious how it will work now. And interesting to see if the Warp Device is of use now.

I assume I'll buy the Strange one right off just incase it goes up in price.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Best thing in patch notes is using clear tickets will give exp to characters now, even if it is limited by VIP level it's better than nothing. I'm only VIP2 from exclusively buying stark crystals over the years.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

No one knew which of the costumes would be good last patch.
Like on Paper Winter Soldier looked meh. In actuality, he was A tier.
So I think it's wait until tomorrow and read the Reddit to see what people say.

I am looking forward to costumes for Gold. Since some of them will unlock bonus options for some guys. Like my Mythic Hulk will be improved by Ant Mans costume.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I'm definitely getting scarlet witch's costume since they are unlocking potential on her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, weren't all the first batch costumes good? The only one I didn't hear anything positive about was Thor. And I chalk that up to everyone sitting on their built up Ragnarok ones.

So I don't know why the Strange one is cheap but I'm going in cautiously optimistic it will be good and the rest are going to turn War Machine, Hulkbuster, Starlord, etc into serious players. And someone will unexpectedly get the Winter Soldier A Tier bump.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I'm excited by all the costumes that got downgraded to gold prices. I'm just gonna buy them for the gently caress of it. Like most of them are clearly old costumes that aren't of value now since there are better ones, but some of them are people there's no other costume for so its something.

Also buy them all because they might be requirements for extra stats on costumes you own and use.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is a great patch. Very excited to put more time in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, and adding more World Boss Ultimates! Huge because I was really, really tired of fighting Proxima every day. Especially since I'm kind of stuck at 18 and just waiting for my valor to go up. Now I can go play Corvus and Dwarf/Obsidian and figure them out and their teams while my valor goes up. And it means I can use other people. Oh, Doctor Strange, will you be useful to me again tomorrow?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

The Dave posted:

Also buy them all because they might be requirements for extra stats on costumes you own and use.

To wit.

I'm excited to finally have Blingpin, years after he stopped being usable.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

AzraelNewtype posted:

To wit.

I miss marvel heroes and all the slaps in the face gaz gave their players.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

AzraelNewtype posted:

To wit.

drat this is awesome, buffs to a lot of solid costumes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Physical characters for PM, so blasters will be good against Black Dwarf in UWB I'm thinking.

I think I'd rather T2 more characters than worry about getting people to t3. Sounds like its a huge slog to get there, and its already taking way too many bios to level Cap up, and it doesn't seem really worth it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

The bottleneck is the drat cube fragments. I seriously only have 280 something doing WBU every day since it came out. I've been capped on books since the second week.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
It's been kinda the opposite for me. Was at ~750 cube fragments as of yesterday but still only 9 combat books. But now I reckon I'll focus on spidey T3 because I've been stuck at the Thanos extreme legendary battle.

In other news, Mister Doctor has a cameo in Star Lord's new uniform's 3 skill :3:

Also Rocket might be this patch's Winter Soldier, he got a lot of iframes and his 6 skill is ridiculous.

Beethovens Fist Symphony fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 30, 2018

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I can breeze through WBU with War Machine now

What is happening

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Starlord now has x-frames in 4 out of his 5 skills, lol

Edit: May as well add some extras.

Hulkbuster has 3 x-frames and a 'Guard against x hits' skill.

Warmachine has 2 x-frames and a 'Guard against x hits' skill.

Rocket has 2 x-frames, an invincibility and a 'Guard against x hits' skill.

Dr Strange I have no idea wtf. His skills are a lot shorter. His 4 skill is turned from a 10-second warp around skill into something shorter. He looks much better, however, someone else would need to say by how much (although at only 350 crystals, most will probably get him anyway).

The rest i'm not sure as I have never used them.

Another point, all of the costumes look great. Super good animations. NM has actually done really good job there. Like, I actually want to buy a couple of them just based on appearance. Warmachine and Hulkbuster actually look super bulky and armoured.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 30, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dravs posted:

Starlord now has x-frames in 4 out of his 5 skills, lol

Proxima has an iframe on literally every skill with her Infinity War uniform :getin:

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
Did they fix the bug with her stun? It wasn't on the bounce skill anymore which is why I ended up skipping out on the Proxima Uni.

On the T3 discussion, my strat is just to horde mats until there is content that requires t3. The later t3s will probably be a lot better than these first ones, just like how it was with the t2s. There isn't much incentive to go to the very high levels of WBU as the rewards are barely better according to the datamine.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bios in the lab now cost gold, not crystals. This could be big? But bios in general are way easier to get now and I assume paywalls will never show up.

I bought enough stuff in the lab to unlock the special offer once and I got a CTP of patience offer for the low low price of 6750 crystals. Uh. Perhaps not.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah the shop seems quite bad now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm reserving judgment. What I figure is that the idea is we spend gold to get Tokens from the Warp Device and then we use those tokens to reload the Shop to get the stuff we want and open up the special offer once every whatever hours. In theory I love that because it means anti-matter can all be saved for the Processor. But that assumes we can still get the same stuff from the Shop that we did before. For me that was GUK and Isos. For some folks in my alliance that's Debris and gear. In the past its been EXP tickets for me. If that stuff is available at good rates with the token reloads then I'm fine with this.

But I have no idea until my folks get back from their Warp Missions and I see how many tokens I get and how far they get me in the Shop.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

youre gonna see a lot fewer items per day in the store cos it previously refreshed every 30 mins, so whatever you wanted to buy, youre gonna buy less of it. if you want to see the special offer youre gonna have to buy a lot of stuff you dont want.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but they can balance that by offering more with each purchase (so instead of selling GUK in 15--45 sets sell them in 100 or 200 sets) and with the token reloads.

Like I said, I'm reserving judgment until I have the tokens and can cycle through enough to really see what the offers are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought the ones I intended along with Strange and Warmachine. Guess I'll use the remainder to get either Star Lord or Rocket, and I'll probably have enough crystals to get the other before the sale ends.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm a total idiot and wasn't thinking that updating the list of items in the lab shop would reset the timer, so I did it when I only had like 20 minutes left...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, that sucks. I was hoping you got like the 10 resets for each cycle and the special offer stays static for that cycle.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

no, you have to buy a bunch of poo poo you dont want to even see the offer. and its not cheap, youre gonna spend a couple million gold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's lame. Seems to de-emphasize the draw of doing the Warps for the Tokens to do the resets.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

still worth doing i guess to cycle through and grab whichever thing youre looking to buy, but i think the special offers are strictly whalebait

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's a nice change if you see some bios you need. It sucks for me as I've wiped out my stock of GUKs.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

still worth doing i guess to cycle through and grab whichever thing youre looking to buy, but i think the special offers are strictly whalebait

My special offer was 50 clear tickets for 150 crystals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

It's a nice change if you see some bios you need. It sucks for me as I've wiped out my stock of GUKs.

Yeah, I was relying in part on the store to constantly restock my GUKs. I guess I gotta come up with a new approach and just slow down my gear updates considerably. I was getting close to having everyone at 4/20.

I bought a bunch of stuff I didn't want just to get the special meter up, and then it reset when the store reset. So... you can't get the special offer unless you buy everything presented? That's totally useless.

Ok, this might be a bad change.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

You can get Guks in the processor as well cost Anti Matter and Dimension Debris

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah but the processor is more valuable for bios and to once a week convert phoenix feathers into chaos stones so they're not a total waste. And that stuff costs GUKs too...

I mean, I can just collect them the regular ways and stop trying to gear up 3-4 characters at a time. The Shop was just a convenient place to support that for cheap gold prices. I did the same with 3-4* isos. And I used to do with EXP chips before I got everyone ranked up.

The Shop isn't essential for anything, its just a good extra. Shame if that's dead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So sending your dudes on Deploys doesn't prevent you from using them anywhere else, does it?