Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
You're welcome! I have no idea what causes the Shooting Hail + Blizzaja turns like that and the issue is apparently you can't have WoL cover and also have a magic tank cover at the same time.

The More You Know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'll probably be able to scrounge up 10 useless 5* with TMRs to grind into coins to get a UoC ticket. Unless the really fix up VoL, VoF, Delita, Marie and it's not like I'm going to use Marshall Glove girl so there, 10 5* into the grinder

None of you would be as useful as a second wilhelm.

Oh snap ANOTHER FFT event with Beowulf and Ultima. Ultima chains with Elly and T.Terra while Beowulf is going to be hybrid damage and breaker. Also increasing the amount of UoC tickets to 3 on this moogle

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 29, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'll probably be able to scrounge up 10 useless 5* with TMRs to grind into coins to get a UoC ticket. Unless the really fix up VoL, VoF, Delita, Marie and it's not like I'm going to use Marshall Glove girl so there, 10 5* into the grinder

Oh snap ANOTHER FFT event with Beowulf and Ultima. Ultima chains with Elly and T.Terra while Beowulf is going to be hybrid damage and breaker

BEOWULF

and also Reis and Worker 8! Literally the exact FFT banner I requested a year and a half ago. I am so happy.

I also checked my current unit list, if GL had Mixer right now, I would be able to feasibly turn in and get 5400 coins. that's just 3 and 4 star units I TMed and didn't level for use as something else.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh snap ANOTHER FFT event with Beowulf and Ultima. Ultima chains with Elly and T.Terra while Beowulf is going to be hybrid damage and breaker. Also increasing the amount of UoC tickets to 3 on this moogle

UoC ticket is 1/10th of a unit

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is my new favorite banner ever.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Victis posted:

UoC ticket is 1/10th of a unit

The ticket from the mixer should be a complete ticket given the awakening mat cost the same.

Yeah the mog ticket are fractions though

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
There is no “complete” UoC ticket as far as I’m aware - you don’t combine them or anything. It just takes 10 tickets to do a UoC pull. Maybe there’s another banner for that?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Got a 4* ticket from the raid gacha this morning.

On a whim of the Discord I pulled on the CG Lid banner with it.

Down came CG Lid!

Anyway, back to hoarding for Nier 2.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Got a 4* ticket from the raid gacha this morning.

On a whim of the Discord I pulled on the CG Lid banner with it.

Down came CG Lid!

Anyway, back to hoarding for Nier 2.

The Discord channel is full of enablers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna get that 7* Randi if it's at all possible.

I'm gonna.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ugato posted:

There is no “complete” UoC ticket as far as I’m aware - you don’t combine them or anything. It just takes 10 tickets to do a UoC pull. Maybe there’s another banner for that?

Welp, the system is useless except for getting a spare limited banner unit to 7* if you whiffed on getting a second. And then you have to sit on the 6* for like 9 months before it rotates to the one you want. Good game Alim.

Its probably more efficient to whale on the pvp than it is to try and scrounge enough for a blank with the mixer.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah it’s especially not impressive when you consider you can only get 3 total tickets every 3 months via the trade in method. If you want UoCs you’re really going to have to farm the crap out of anything that lets you get them.

On another note, JP is letting players pre-reg for a PC version of the game on something called AndApp. Depending on what it ends up being, it might be a (more?) viable way for global players to play on JP if they feel so inclined. I know when I tried it out it was very screwy with the time zones. I’m primarily excited at the idea of global also getting a PC version.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 30, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, this is weird. I'm clearing out my equipment and materia, and... it won't let me sell my Regenerator or my Reactive Defense. They just don't show up on my Sell screen. I can see them on the View overview screen, and they aren't being used by anyone so there's no reason why they shouldn't show up.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Welp, the system is useless except for getting a spare limited banner unit to 7* if you whiffed on getting a second. And then you have to sit on the 6* for like 9 months before it rotates to the one you want. Good game Alim.

Its probably more efficient to whale on the pvp than it is to try and scrounge enough for a blank with the mixer.

Honestly the 7* Crystal is the thing that excites me the most just in general. The blank moogle, while great, is too pricey. But offering people a way to 7* time-limiteds after the event? That's amazing. I have hope for a 7* doggo after all.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, this is weird. I'm clearing out my equipment and materia, and... it won't let me sell my Regenerator or my Reactive Defense. They just don't show up on my Sell screen. I can see them on the View overview screen, and they aren't being used by anyone so there's no reason why they shouldn't show up.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Switch to your arena teams then filter by units with stuff equipped.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Boo random filler tank banner.

On the other hand, yay for saving me lapis.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I've pulled 3 Elfreeda and no Clouds yet this raid banner has dropped 0 Elfreeda moogles and 4 Cloud moogles.

Ain't that just the way.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I have one of each of those tanks but no copies. Pulling either of them will get me a 7* cover, taunt or magic tank. It’s an extremely valuable banner for me. Even whiffing with merc ramza gets me a taunt, magic cover and phys cover tank.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The ticket from the mixer should be a complete ticket given the awakening mat cost the same.

Yeah the mog ticket are fractions though

It might be a full UoC ticket in Japan but I would be utterly stunned if it gave a full ticket when (if) it comes to Global.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

I have 7* of 3 of these and 0 Wilhelms (and 1 White Knight Noel), so I definitely relate to this.

It definitely feels like they want to keep the same pace as Japan. It’s kind of nice for giving me time to finish up farming TMRs for 7* units that I otherwise wouldn’t. The end of the month has strong potential at least, though. Nichol should be showing up either next week* or the week after - which would most likely coincide with the start of anniversary festivities.

* - the week after the tank banner seems a bit less likely since that would only be 3 weeks after Lid. It seems like it’s FF4 for that week.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

On the other hand, I have 0 5* base tanks if you don't count merc ramza (and I don't). I wouldn't mind pulling a 2nd merc ramza in case his enhancements end up good and willy/basch would be awesome, but this still feels like a trap banner to drain me before cg nick.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I have 7* of 3 of these and 0 Wilhelms (and 1 White Knight Noel), so I definitely relate to this.

It definitely feels like they want to keep the same pace as Japan. It’s kind of nice for giving me time to finish up farming TMRs for 7* units that I otherwise wouldn’t. The end of the month has strong potential at least, though. Nichol should be showing up either next week* or the week after - which would most likely coincide with the start of anniversary festivities.

* - the week after the tank banner seems a bit less likely since that would only be 3 weeks after Lid. It seems like it’s FF4 for that week.

Despite my booing, this isn't a terrible banner if I wanted to pull a rainbow off it as I'd either end up with a 7* Basch (Great!), Wilhelm STMR(Good!), 7* Gladio (Acceptable since I could go after a 2nd Chow to AOE cover MAG), or Merc. Ramza #3(Totally unhelpful).

The JP anniversary banner was a mix of all the CG characters spread out over the week so we have to see CG Nichol next week unless they either plan to have the anniversary banner come down with CG Nichol's still being active(which would just be kind of weird), or they're going to give GE a completely different set of anniversary banners which wouldn't be the worst idea.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

Switch to your arena teams then filter by units with stuff equipped.

Oh wow! I don't ever remember equipping those two materia to anyone ever, but here we are. When they cloned the PvE character list (which they could still do about eight more times if they wanted each team to have a different loadout, hint hint Gumi...) to make the Arena/Colosseum list, I guess Earth Veritas was trying those out...

Thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

A banner with Merc Ramza on it would've been a great time to release his enhancements (and Reberta's too!) but :rip: that I guess

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Finally managed to beat 3* Ramuh. It was slow, but I managed to squeak by with a 100% dodge Wilhelm for the physical attacks, a thunder resist boosted mystea for the magic, and a enhanced bran to get mystea over the debuff cliff. Combined that with a lotus mage fina and noct to act as attackers/MP batteries.

Lemme tell you, blowing a few trust moogles and doing a shitload of TMR grinding in order to finally get Sazh’s TMR has made a world of difference with these bonus bosses. Between various equipment and event abilities, along with ring of lucii and twenty sided dice I can finally get almost any unit to 100% dodge, even without any existing evade boosts. It’s been hugely helpful. Now for the long, slow wait of grinding out those yellow supercites...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

100% dodge is an absolute game changer and they really should rerun the first FFT KM so more people can get the Kiyomori (10% dodge katana). I'm glad when they unnerfed Noctis and the Ring of the Lucii back to JP we kept the stacking dodge property of them too. Making dodge builds to dunk on bosses is good and fun :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

100% dodge is an absolute game changer and they really should rerun the first FFT KM so more people can get the Kiyomori (10% dodge katana). I'm glad when they unnerfed Noctis and the Ring of the Lucii back to JP we kept the stacking dodge property of them too. Making dodge builds to dunk on bosses is good and fun :black101:

They will. I think that rerun was around the time of CG Reagan's banner in Japan.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Decided to attempt Sheraton to do the Esper kill and earth/dark damage.

Got to 49% and got wrecked by a lazy Chow and his 1/258

dug fin
Oct 14, 2004
The boil on the ass of your happiness

PaybackJack posted:

Makes two weeks in a row of not pulling for me. Sitting on 4 Clouds and 2 Elfreedas so throwing a wad at the current banner does not appeal. If I were to pull on this tank banner I'd probably just end up with Merc Ramza or Gladio (both of whom I have two of already) instead of Basch (I only have 1, will probably spend a UoC on him) or Wilhelm (0 of him).

I'm still hoping Nier comes back this month. Oodles of tickets and lapis waiting.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey quick question, I’m a little bit confused as to how multi element attacks hitting enemies with multiple element debuffs would work. I’m contemplating building up a sephiroth that, long story short, would be equipped with both the moonblade (dark element) and Excalibur (light element). If I hit an enemy with one of sephiroth’s attacks that debuffs both light and dark, would I be doing double damage? I know dual wielding with two elements means both attacks hit with both elements, but I’m kind of confused as to whether -50% dark and light, being attacked by dark and light, would result in each of the two attacks dealing +100% damage (assuming the enemy doesn’t have any innate resistance to either, of course).

Is my math right or is there something I’m missing?

Edit:Or I guess I could go with lightbringer and glauca’s greatsword, in order to get even more passive HP regen on sephiroth.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 30, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Imperil / Elemental resistance is an average. If an enemy has 0% dark resistance and -100% light resistance and you hit it with a dark & light attack it'll take the average and deal +50% damage.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

So in other words -50% light and dark resist, being hit with light and dark, would only be averaged out to +50% damage? Maybe I should swap out moonblade for something else then. Sephiroth can already add dark element after all.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

InequalityGodzilla posted:

So in other words -50% light and dark resist, being hit with light and dark, would only be averaged out to +50% damage? Maybe I should swap out moonblade for something else then. Sephiroth can already add dark element after all.

It averages the total resistance. If they have 200% light resistance and 0% dark resistance, if you’re dealing light/dark mixed damage, you will do 0 damage.

Light: 200%
Dark: 0%

Total resistance: 100%

Same scenario but you imperil light and dark by 50% -

Light: 150%
Dark: -50%

Total resistance: 50% light/dark.

Just add the total resistances (using imperils as negatives because that’s all they are) and divide by the total number of elements being hit.

Since Sephiroth imperils light and dark equally, mixing those elements with him doesn’t change anything except if the enemy resists (or is weak to) one or the other element. With Heavens Wept you’ll do 60% extra damage post-imperil with light, dark or light/dark mixed, barring any other circumstances.

Absorbs will always be absorbs no matter how many elements are involved, as long as it hits the absorbed element. Take Dark Veritas and the dark Espers fight. They both do hybrid water/dark or fire/dark damage. DV absorbs dark and will always be healed by every elemental attack from either of them.

I suppose it is noteworthy that I don’t think there are any holy or dark katanas. And you absolutely want Sephiroth to be using a katana at all times for his passive.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 30, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Correct. It's rare to want dual element (or more) attacks because of it. "Deal X element damage" challenges and the old Gilgamesh trial are the only times I can think of it and neither are for damage reasons.

I'd suggest Excalibur and Masamune, or Genji Blade if you haven't gotten Sephiroth's TMR yet. Sephiroth gets an innate bonus with katanas and the Large Sword Mastery is easier to get than the Sword equivalent and doesn't require heavy armor like the sword one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

I suppose it is noteworthy that I don’t think there are any holy or dark katanas. And you absolutely want Sephiroth to be using a katana at all times for his passive.

There is a light katana. The Light Blade (+54 ATK) is found in the latest Exploration level, Energy Extraction Station.

It's a lightsaber.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Scrublord Prime posted:

Correct. It's rare to want dual element (or more) attacks because of it. "Deal X element damage" challenges and the old Gilgamesh trial are the only times I can think of it and neither are for damage reasons.

I'd suggest Excalibur and Masamune, or Genji Blade if you haven't gotten Sephiroth's TMR yet. Sephiroth gets an innate bonus with katanas and the Large Sword Mastery is easier to get than the Sword equivalent and doesn't require heavy armor like the sword one.

Yeah, after reviewing it a bit masamune and Excalibur is what I settled on. I thought about large sword mastery but decided to settle on expert fencer instead. 10% less attack boost but it comes with the added bonus of +20% hp, which I wanted more of to make the most of his reunion ability. If I’m gonna be restoring 10000 hp in a single turn I want as much of that capacity as possible.

My current plan is masamune+Excalibur, Black cowl so I don’t have to worry about sleep, brave suit to boost attack even further (and magic, I guess), fury ring and monarchs ring to boost attack further, with a little extra def/spr on the side, and then equip him with awesome swordsman, expert fencer, adventurer +40%, and instinctual guard to give him even more atk with a nice big boost to def/spr if he falls below 50%. Some of that will take a little bit more grinding, including the pots to get him to full stats, but by the time I’m finished he’ll be dealing somewhere in the range of 1060-1100, with 2 attacks, and an easily obtainable +50% dmg from the elements debuffs. He’ll be fairly durable, easily self heals, and will hit like a train.

Combine that with the lotus mage fina that I’ve equipped to get her LB much quicker (sage of Mysidia and jakes pirate ring) and they’ll both be dishing out boatloads of light and dark debuffs and damage. Plus I’m working on getting decent equipment for Lila, so maybe she’ll be able to join in once I can actually equip her properly.

Edit: Now that I’ve finally gotten all the current 3* Espers and have started leveling them up I gotta say, the number of abilities you’re forced to unlock to progress along their tech tree is starting to be a real pain. Not because I don’t want them, but for a unit like noct or LM Fina where they already have boatloads of usable abilities, adding like 5-6 more to the list from someone like Ramuh really clogs things up in terms of scrolling. Wish there was a way to go on the esper page and say “I don’t want these few abilities to show up in battle.” Or hell, just automatically move them to the bottom of the move list like some of the espers do (but not all for some reason).

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 30, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ugato posted:

Thankfully a free Excalibur is readily available and anyone who's played for more than a month (or 2?) should have the dual wield materia that was available on King Mog, and there was also a sakurafubuki on King Mog if you can't feed moogles to Sephiroth for his Masamune. :eng101:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

A banner with Merc Ramza on it would've been a great time to release his enhancements (and Reberta's too!) but :rip: that I guess

The descriptions are even in game right now. I can only expect something they were planning global exclusive wise broke

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Thankfully a free Excalibur is readily available and anyone who's played for more than a month (or 2?) should have the dual wield materia that was available on King Mog, and there was also a sakurafubuki on King Mog if you can't feed moogles to Sephiroth for his Masamune. :eng101:

It is indeed a wonderful time to be sephiroth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Double post because they did make a good point over on Reddit: keep some Marshal Glove moogles (even if they’re just 5% ones) for when you get blank moogles. They’re important to TDH builds which are the highest damage options for post-7* builds, and the gloves are still almost always BIS pieces to this day in JP. So they’re a pretty high priority for those blanks, which will be pretty rare, and Elfreeda basically only exists for her TMR, so UoC tickets on her seems kind of a waste.

• Locked thread