Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

You are a goon of wealth and taste. :)

Also, paging Eela (and any other guitar enthusiast)!

:dance:

I am way into that guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
get out of that guitar

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

am I done posting manga for today? probably not but I am done with this manga for now because I ran out of chapters

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/OeOtp/status/1001495716500459520

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oh poo poo tehy are subbing kinnikuman

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

oh poo poo tehy are subbing kinnikuman

Hell yeah!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
paging endorph

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't post Jeph Jacques here

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
oh that's what it is

lmao

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've been watching Mayo Chiki and I think that Yuka Iguchi's deeper voice as a girl pretending to be a boy is very cute. :blush:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/ugandam_00/status/1000378287170899968

Why does this have to be in a mobage, and not real?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

chumbler posted:

It's real if you believe

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

have a meeting with a woman named yui at work on friday and it will take all my willpower not to drop k-on references like a total dipshit

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

Mobage can just do whatever with just text and some new art assets

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

have a meeting with a woman named yui at work on friday and it will take all my willpower not to drop k-on references like a total dipshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-e4gtC6LEA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

paging endorph

imo it does fall under the 'queer' spectrum, in that it sucks

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The live action Gintama film is five bucks on the PSN store.

I keep bouncing off the series, but I grabbed this on principle, because the trailer was :supaburn: as gently caress.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

chumbler posted:

You clearly didn't get the memo that Obama made all anime real.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

imo it does fall under the 'queer' spectrum, in that it sucks

laughed irl

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Mister Facetious posted:

The live action Gintama film is five bucks on the PSN store.

I keep bouncing off the series, but I grabbed this on principle, because the trailer was :supaburn: as gently caress.

I'm a dude who has tried and failed to get into Gintama a couple times, but I found the movie to be a lot of fun, even though I only understood maybe 30% of what was happening at any given time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mentat Radnor posted:

Neat. When I saw this face:

I immediately thought, "Oh it's the Wizard's Soul mangaka!"

Don't you mean SSiB? :smuggo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Ahahahaha Pokemon S1 has a reference to The Prisoner why did I never watch this sooner

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

chumbler posted:

mobage are real.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

iospace posted:

Don't you mean SSiB? :smuggo:

I know so little about the touhous that I can't even claim to be a secondary.

That said, Path of Exile patch notes just came out and less than three days from now players will be able to in-game cosplay as . . . . *googles* . . . Utsuho Reiuji, because the unique armor "Infernal Mantle" is finally getting 3D art.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
youtubes the most loving useless poo poo cuz i f i search feel bad on it it just gives me neo disco or watever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVk3adkchY

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
extremely jealosus i dont own that shirt though

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mentat Radnor posted:

I know so little about the touhous that I can't even claim to be a secondary.

That said, Path of Exile patch notes just came out and less than three days from now players will be able to in-game cosplay as . . . . *googles* . . . Utsuho Reiuji, because the unique armor "Infernal Mantle" is finally getting 3D art.

ah, the nuclear touhou

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nuclear fusion hell crow is a good touhou.

On a side note, I like how Aki Eda continually changes what her characters are wearing but keeps a similar general style for each.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/fvrvzv/status/998932198639185920

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I love robocosan! She is the best virtual youtuber. She is so cute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am real mad at this boy right now. He ain't good enough for the other two.

Also I'm mad that no more chapters are currently translated.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DisDisDis posted:

burrito the lesbophobe

i read this as lesbophone first.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

In my opinion it's kind of a crappy thing to write off spinoff material like XD just because it's in a medium that you don't personally enjoy. One of the neat things about mobile games is just how creative the writing and art teams can get with a franchised property, allowing for lots of neat ideas to be expressed that would otherwise never be more than a Tumblr fanpost or a story on fanficton.net

Imagine people writing off an amazing story like Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu just because "it's an anime, therefore it's trash" or similarly Land of the Lustrous for being CG, or A Place Further than the Universe because it has cute girls doing cute things.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Julias posted:

Imagine people writing off an amazing story like Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu just because "it's an anime, therefore it's trash" or similarly Land of the Lustrous for being CG, or A Place Further than the Universe because it has cute girls doing cute things.
Bit of a difference between not wanting to give a half hour of passive entertainment a chance and balking at jumping feet first into a gacha game that doesn't even seem to be officially available outside of Japan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Difference is that gatcha games are all trash

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it really depends on the game, at least in terms of how accessible that story stuff is. gacha can have stumbling blocks like soft requirements of certain/rare units for progression, or not giving the story until you actually pull the specific character, both of which are not great. but usually i would just expect there to be some main story path stuff you do in order to get to a point where doing events is viable and then you've got access to all of it.

i'm mostly thinking about this stuff in the context of fgo and housamo since that's what i have experience with. both have engaging main stories that lead into events, but don't require tons of rares to progress. they share the fault of events being geared for mostly current players and overall being pretty grindy, moreso than I'd expect people to put up with in a non-mobile setting. that being a common thing in the mobile game space still doesn't make it good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Difference is that gatcha games are all trash

Turn your monitor off so I don't have to see your posts

• Locked thread