Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

The Before Times posted:

I am never having kids but I'd definitely name one Sebastian. works if they're a girl or a boy or neither
sebastianne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

nice meltdown

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tithin posted:

nice meltdown

lol the whiteboard

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for Bill Shorten and those unions!"

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

LABOR AND AWU WANT YOU TO FORGET THE PERSON WHO HAS QUESTIONS TO ANSWER IS BILL SHORTEN
TODAY IS JUST ANOTHER EFFORT BY THE UNION MOVEMENT TO PROTECT BILL SHORTEN
THE GOVERNMENT WILL ALWAYS STAND UP TO PROTECT WORKERS
I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WHITEBOARD
I FRONT TO QUESTION TIME EVERY DAY
THIS IS A PROTECTION RACKET TO PROTECT BILL SHORTEN

fuckin hell cash, speak at a reasonable volume hey

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That was Amethyst quality.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
LNP on Home Affairs powers expansion: Nothing to Hide, Nothing to Fear!
LNP on appearing in court or senate to answer questions on their office operations: HOW DARE YOU, I WILL NOT ANSWER THESE SHAM ACCUSATIONS, THE VERY NERVE

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lol, even the Guardian liveblog has had enough:

quote:

So, not going to estimates, will be fighting the court summons, it’s actually Bill Shorten who has the questions to answer, and the whiteboard was nothing to do with her.

“You should have seen my face,” she says.

We couldn’t though. Because it was behind a whiteboard.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Saying the whiteboard wasn't her idea then literally saying "You should have seen the look on my face" is just asking to be mocked.

edit: holy poo poo lol

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
What a great Meltdown May this has been

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This owns.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Cash should quit parliament and go into sitcom acting.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Lol, even the Guardian liveblog has had enough:

amy is good, i think she hates auspol about as much as me

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Meanwhile Chris Uhlmann is getting the heat from Simon Holmes à Court in this article, leading to some predictable shouting on twitter. Uhlmann used a lot of 280 character posts claiming he was right culminating in

https://twitter.com/CUhlmann/status/1001644951485075456

and you can guess the rest. I liked this subtweet though:

https://twitter.com/Piping_Shrike/status/1001667629071912961

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1001648116464930817
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1001662117764714496

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/khaled-merhi-cleared-after-weapon-found-to-be-fly-swat/9815708

quote:

A man detained by police for eight days over an alleged terror plot to bring down an Etihad plane has cleared his name, after the "weapon" he was charged with possessing turned out to be a modified fly swat.
Khaled Merhi, 40, was charged with possessing or using a prohibited weapon without a permit after New South Wales Police found the fly swat during a counter-terror raid on his Surry Hills home in July 2017.
The spray painter's solicitor, Luke Del Monte, told the court his client had only modified the "tennis racquet-shaped" fly swat so he could use it to light his barbeque.
Mr Merhi was held for more than a week over an alleged plot to bring down the plane using a bomb hidden inside a meat grinder, but was released without being charged with terrorism offences.
At the time, police described it as a home-made taser, but today acknowledged the device was significantly less powerful than the ones used by them.
"A NSW Police taser emits less than 300 times the voltage of this particular implement," police prosecutor Amin Assaad told the court.
"This was an improvised fly swatter."
The court was told that during the counter-terror raid, in which four men were arrested, Mr Merhi suffered a gash to the face and a back injury.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Was this that anti-terrorism arrest that was a huge deal for a while last year or was there another, actually legit plot to bring down a plane.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I think this is the one, and the article mentions two other men, arrested at the same time, who are being charged with planning a terrorist attack

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

That was Amethyst quality.

Pearl has better meltdowns.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I like how Turnbull is completely and totally ineffectively deflecting every Cash question with "BUT GETUP GOT MONEY". Nobody on earth gives a poo poo about that, Turnbull. We care about the AFP being used as a weapon against political opponents.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Intoluene posted:

I like how Turnbull is completely and totally ineffectively deflecting every Cash question with "BUT GETUP GOT MONEY". Nobody on earth gives a poo poo about that, Turnbull. We care about the AFP being used as a weapon against political opponents.

it literally happened like 13 years ago lmao, howard was still pm. who gives a poo poo about it except the libs

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Subpoena? I barely know 'er

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

idgi can you just say 'I dont want to turn up!' to a subpoena?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

idgi can you just say 'I dont want to turn up!' to a subpoena?

You can challenge it, which is what she's done. IANAL but if you just "don't show up" to face a subpoena that's been upheld you're in contempt of court. If you're running the risk of potential jail time (even if it's a day) to avoid testifying, you must be on the verge of having to unveil big level gently caress ups.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
She looked familiar today...

Yep, thats it.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CrazyTolradi posted:

Cash should quit parliament and go into sitcom acting.

She could team up with Roseanne Barr.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Everything about her reeks waspy hairspray mcmansion conservative who just so happens to have gotten into parliament and grossly out of her depth.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

drunkill posted:

She looked familiar today...

Yep, thats it.

Woah.

Which one is Cash?

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION A MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT- THAT IS SEXIST AND BULLYING.

- Paid for by the liberal party, sign up to foxtel today!

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
The Labor party is bullying cash, they're playing politics with the legal system!*

*Said whilst under investigation for using federal police to undermine another political party

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/victoria-police-record-fake-roadside-breath-tests/9817846

quote:

Victoria Police officers have falsified more than 250,000 roadside breath tests in the state over a five year period, an internal investigation has revealed.

The force said it was made aware of reports that officers were placing a finger over the straw entry hole of breath testing equipment, or blowing into the straw themselves last year before an investigation was launched.

After reviewing 1,500 preliminary breath test (PBT) devices and more than 17.7 million tests conducted over five years it found more than 258,000 PBTs, or 1.5 per cent of all tests, had been falsified.

Professional Standards Command assistant commissioner Russell Barrett said the findings were disappointing.

"This conduct will not be tolerated, any member found engaging in this practice from today has been put on notice they will be investigated," he said in a statement.

Disband the police.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Absolute trash. You missed the best line:

quote:

"As disappointing as this is, it should be noted that, at this stage in the investigation, there is no evidence to suggest fraud or any criminality has occurred.

I'm pretty sure falsifying police tests is fraud

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

this is why giving cops minimum quotas is an awful idea

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar posted:

this is why giving cops minimum quotas oxygen is an awful idea

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So did they just sit around blowing into the straws to show they were meeting quotas?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So did they just sit around blowing into the straws to show they were meeting quotas?

Apparently so

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Pretty much exactly that.

So yeah, why give targets or quotas for jobs like that? And if there were no quotas set, why would the cops think this was necessary?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/may/30/abbott-backs-craig-kelly-as-preselection-battles-hot-up

Good, I hope that fat gently caress gets the boot from his seat.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Maybe they stuck the straws together and cut each straw to a different length and made an all cop Peruvian pan flute band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Cash did turn up for the Senate Economics Committee, which then voted to allow senators to question her over the AWU raid
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1001966876363313153

Barnaby's being paid while on leave

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 31, 2018

• Locked thread