Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ometeotl posted:

I was super bummed at this Let's Go game but once they confirmed that this is just a stopgap to a real Gen 8 next year, I suddenly warmed up to it significantly. My decision between Pikachu and Eevee will be based on whether you can evolve that Pikachu into Raichu.

Some more info dropped and you can't evolve your Pikachu or Eevee, but you can find ones you can evolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Electric Phantasm posted:

Some more info dropped and you can't evolve your Pikachu or Eevee, but you can find ones you can evolve.

Well then they can enjoy eternity in the PC box.

I'll just transfer a voltorb from GO and pretend that's my starter.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

I loving hate that my first thought on thinking I might have a medical problem isn't "I should go get that checked out" but rather "I should get that checked out but I don't want to spend more money.
America.txt.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I mean I do have insurance but I still have to submit the copay which from what I understand is a thing that exists in other countries anyways.

I just make a total of ~zero~ dollars so I feel bad asking my parents for money for anything.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

homeless snail posted:

the 90s win3.1/95 aesthetic where everyone decided why create our own UI elements, we already have these right here, is incredibly powerful

I can smell the microsoft foundation classes from here

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

homeless snail posted:

the 90s win3.1/95 aesthetic where everyone decided why create our own UI elements, we already have these right here, is incredibly powerful

It always bummed me out that I missed out on most of the classic 90's poo poo. I caught the tail end of Doom at least but the sprites and sound effects scared the poo poo out of 5 year old me so I would always just watch my dad play it instead.

Oh, I do remember playing one of the old Space Quest games for a bit but I never got very far. I can't even remember what it was called but it had something to do with being trapped in a giant space junkyard.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 30, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Classic Everquest is my favorite:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It always bummed me out that I missed out on most of the classic 90's poo poo. I caught the tail end of Doom at least but the sprites and sound effects scared the poo poo out of 5 year old me so I would always just watch my dad play it instead.

Oh, I do remember playing one of the old Space Quest games for a bit but I never got very far. I can't even remember what it was called but it had something to do with being trapped in a giant space junkyard.
yeah that's space quest 3, its a good one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGItfTJwKdI

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Classic Everquest is my favorite:

To think that ruined lives.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

actually its probably the second or third worst one but in my mind all the space quest games are "the good ones"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have never played a Pokemon game so that one looks pretty neat :shobon:

The target audience is almost certainly people who played GO but not any of the mainline games so a complete newbie isn't too far off.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Star Control 2 looks really cool but after it dawned on me that the little health pips represent human crew members I could never play the game taking any damage so I just never played the game again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never played a Pokemon game but people complaining that there are 'only' 151 sound insane to me

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sakurazuka posted:

I've never played a Pokemon game but people complaining that there are 'only' 151 sound insane to me

I mean a bunch of the best pokemon are from the later generations so getting stuck with just the old ones is pretty lame.

Plus if this game was connected to the others you could import all your pokemon from the bank so its not like you have to catch all 700+ of them everytime. Haven't had to do that since the GBA games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

idk its not that weird to me, its like when a fighting game comes out and its missing your favorite character, like you main guile and then SFV comes out without guile and its kind of a bummer. you make your team of 6 guys in each game and get attached to them

and its not really like there's any technical reason to cut guys, they made a point when they went 3D to model everyone at an absurdly high polygon count so its not like they have to remodel anyone. long time fans see it as a kinda crass appeal to nostalgia at their expense

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

I feel like not having played a pokemon game you might be missing a lot of context!

It's not that 151 isn't enough in terms of sheer content--it is. It's that there's a poo poo ton of cool monsters from the last twenty five years that fans are used to seeing now, and are saddened by the absence of.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The original 151 doesn't include Hawlucha, the bird who is also a masked wrestler.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Or Quagsire, the best pokemon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The three best pokemon are from gens 3, 4, and 7, in order. One of the originals probably cracks the top ten but I haven't done the math.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It being limited to the original 151 means you can't even use the best eeveelutions.

What, do they expect me to use loving Flareon? Get real Gamefreak.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

It being limited to the original 151 means you can't even use the best eeveelutions.

What, do they expect me to use loving Flareon? Get real Gamefreak.

It's alright, you can't evolve the starter eevee/pikachu anyways

no seriously

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

It's alright, you can't evolve the starter eevee/pikachu anyways

no seriously

You can catch a second Pikachu if you're so desperate to get a Raichu for some reason.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

But Jolteon is in the game?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

life would be easier if we were all pokemon

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Played some more Horizon Zero Dawn last night. Gotta say, I severely underestimated how difficult some of the boss battles could be. Wrapped up some of the Hunters Lodge stuff that culminates in the battle with Redmaw. I got my rear end beat several times cuz I just shrugged and pushed on without filling up on healing or ammo materials.

It took me 6 or 7 tries to clear it. It was an intense but pretty fun fight

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

life would be easier if we were all captured in balls, released only to fight to the death

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
If you're not excited to play a Pokemon game with a Pokeball controller, get the gently caress out

I don't even own a Switch and that looks great

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
King of Dragon Pass Question: How do I get more Nobles? I've run out of Orlanth worshippers or any of the war gods really because Vadrus ripped apart my chief on a heroquest and I barely had any to start with. Do I just have to wait it out or what

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean I do have insurance but I still have to submit the copay which from what I understand is a thing that exists in other countries anyways.

I just make a total of ~zero~ dollars so I feel bad asking my parents for money for anything.

Spending a little copay now could prevent lots of copays in the future. Making sure a child is healthy is one of the best ways for a parent to spend their money.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They could buy a bunch of video games/anime figures with that money

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A mobile game everybody owns already on the comfort of your home console, this is why I play video games.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Nintendo just comes out of nowhere and goes "We got two spin-off Pokemon games on the Switch this year and another full-blown core RPG in 2019 while you wait" I don't know why other companies even try

Meanwhile

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

To echo what others have said, you want to get something checked out sooner rather than later, what might be a few hundred now could become thousands in a short time if left untreated.

That said, it'd depend on what type of practitioner you went to, but going to a GP, ER or walk-in clinic is 100% free, no private insurance required, in the vast majority of the world. At least the finding-out-what-the-gently caress part is free, you would know from there if there would be costs involved and wouldn't be on-the-hook immediately for that amount.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

rumble in the bunghole posted:

King of Dragon Pass Question: How do I get more Nobles? I've run out of Orlanth worshippers or any of the war gods really because Vadrus ripped apart my chief on a heroquest and I barely had any to start with. Do I just have to wait it out or what

Yeah sorry, gotta wait it out.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pretty sure Let's Go! Pikachu is going to be my son's first Pokémon game, could work as a Christmas gift methinks.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Oh, and we got some screenshots of the Sonic Racing game

Shadow should be like Sebulba in Episode 1: Racer and be the only one with a weapon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wait wtf when did they announce that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A month or two ago? I forget when but earlier this year

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

Wait wtf when did they announce that

Walmart leaked it but there have been rumors for a while

quote:

The product listing - provided by the video gaming version of Varys, Nibellion - touts 12-player online and four-player offline, split-screen multiplayer; a story mode; 15 playable characters separated into three classes (speed, technique, power); team racing with special team moves; and all the power-ups and car customisation you may already expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The 90s will never end

• Locked thread