Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also the red ghouls who are red because their skin is constantly being stripped off and regenerating so they're insane and in endless agony is some real 2edgy4me bullshit.

I think I forgot those. I think, while playing, I was continuously forgetting them. They're so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I just noticed the one guy who comes on screen with the Pip Boy is wearing an NCR t-shirt.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished Far Harbor. What a great ending to dwell on. Choosing between bloodshed and an ethically repulsive solution to keep the peace was really nice.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arcsquad12 posted:

Finished Far Harbor. What a great ending to dwell on. Choosing between bloodshed and an ethically repulsive solution to keep the peace was really nice.

Did anyone else feel zero guilt over convincing the children of atom to blow themselves up? Because seriously, gently caress those guys.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

counterfeitsaint posted:

Writing wise I thought Lonesome Road was the weakest*. Years of buildup to who the other courier is and what his motivations are and turns out he's just crazy pants and blames you for the most obscure, innoculous thing possible that you did years ago and that's never once been mentioned before the end of DLC exposition dump. I remember when it first came out it was really well received and I'm glad to see people realizing how bad it was. Also the red ghouls who are red because their skin is constantly being stripped off and regenerating so they're insane and in endless agony is some real 2edgy4me bullshit.

*If you're a terribly unimaginative person and only go from quest pip to quest pip then I guess Honest Hearts has the weakest writing. If you're a proper Fallout player and explore all the caves As God Intended then it's actually the strongest.

Yeah, the set up does a great job to build Ulysses and the Divide up as this super significant part of both your history and your future. There’s stuff like the ending to Dead Money stating that at the divide you each bore messages for the other. That sounded epic. Then it turns out the message you bear for Ulysses is ”Leave me alone, weirdo!”

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Reveilled posted:

Yeah, the set up does a great job to build Ulysses and the Divide up as this super significant part of both your history and your future. There’s stuff like the ending to Dead Money stating that at the divide you each bore messages for the other. That sounded epic. Then it turns out the message you bear for Ulysses is ”Leave me alone, weirdo!”

That's actually pretty great though. :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, I always considered Ulysses being an obsessed loon and the "destiny" of the Courier being some delivery he made and can't really be blamed for because he couldn't have known the ramifications consistent with the DLC storyline's theme of "letting go of the past", particularly because it turns out the past really had no grip on the Courier and they were always free to move forward with their vision for New Vegas.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, The twitch stream is still going strong: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

If this really does end up being for a Fallout 3 re-release on the switch I get the feeling a lot of nerds are going to be pissed off.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah, I always considered Ulysses being an obsessed loon and the "destiny" of the Courier being some delivery he made and can't really be blamed for because he couldn't have known the ramifications consistent with the DLC storyline's theme of "letting go of the past", particularly because it turns out the past really had no grip on the Courier and they were always free to move forward with their vision for New Vegas.

I think that loses a lot of its oomph, though, with having the courier literally clueless about the events at the divide. It doesn’t mean much to let go of a past you knew nothing about. It feels strangely incongruous that in a DLC about your own past, you’re not the one who has to learn to let go.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's really weird that the divide was both a major city, an important supply route, and a battleground between caeser and the NCR and yet nobody has anything to say about it in the main game.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I haven’t played the new Vegas DLC and I intend to as soon as I get a working pc and I know I’m exactly the target audience for those spoilers so thanks I guess but it is a very old game and reading is for suckers

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

antidote posted:

Fallout: Clovis. The World's Biggest Little Fresno.

I’m from here so I’d love that 😭

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

So was it just me that really enjoyed the settlement building?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

marktheando posted:

I liked it despite thinking it was a half assed effort.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

marktheando posted:

It was the best part of Fallout 4. But that's just because of everything else in Fallout 4 being kinda meh.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

marktheando posted:

If I had as much free time as I did as a kid playing fallout 3 I probably would've loved it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That’s good I’m not alone. I started a new game recently to finally do Nuka World as an evil character, but got sidetracked making shitloads of elaborate settlements and so I haven’t even got on the train at level 50.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

buglord posted:

I’m from here so I’d love that 😭

The one constant of Fallout Locationchat: everyone wants a Fallout set in their hometown :v:

marktheando posted:

Actually no, I think it was very popular.

Personally, I loving hated everything about it and thought it was a huge waste of time and resources that could have been directed towards interesting quests and the like, but I'm definitely in the minority in that front

Gaius Marius posted:

If I had as much free time as I did as a kid playing fallout 3 I probably would've loved it.

This is a good point--with constantly-dwindling time to play video games I don't have nearly as much patience for lovely minecraft as I might have had in my younger days, and far too much of the Fallout 4 experience seemed dedicated to what amounted to a pointless gameplay cul-de-sac that's been done better in countless other games

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1001544641290924032

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
I liked settlement building, and had close to 130 settlers before I entertain diamond city, populaation 25 or so.

I hated that the plot and ending didnt account anything you built tho, wouldve been nice to get at least some recognition on quadrupling the population of the region because of the 200+ hours of salvage scrounging and habitat module building.

The building and equippung settlements gave a shitton If more motivation for looting areas than anything else in the game.

Wouldve been nice to take out raiding parties of armed settlers to do wasteland mop-up or organized salvaging parties with brahmin to scour the roads of car wrecks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Valtonen posted:

Wouldve been nice to take out raiding parties of armed settlers to do wasteland mop-up or organized salvaging parties with brahmin to scour the roads of car wrecks.

That's the bill of goods the trailer sold me.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

mango sentinel posted:

Ah yes, the Colt M1911: the gun that won the west.

have you never seen the wild bunch? that's like the headwaters of the ganges as far as cowboy movies are concerned.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Oh boy, if it ends up being Avellone-written NV2...

(Trying really hard not to get my hopes up)

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It'll be the Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition without a Switch port.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Outside bet...

Fallout: New Skyrim

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think any rerelease of 3/NV would require more work than Skyrim both because the tech is that much more ancient and the games are hideous. Skyrim was a huge step up in presentation for Bethesda. Which is why I think a remaster is unlikely.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Outside bet...

Todd already summoned enough power to port Skyrim to God of War, I'm not sure if he's recharged enough for that yet.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Fallout 4: Labo edition

Build your own settlements out of cardboard!
Wield realistic feeling guns!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Gaius Marius posted:

It's really weird that the divide was both a major city, an important supply route, and a battleground between caeser and the NCR and yet nobody has anything to say about it in the main game.

Cass and Johnson Nash briefly mention it, but it got wiped out years ago so there's no real reason for anyone to talk about it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

MariusLecter posted:

Outside bet...

skyrim ported to ingame pipboy in fallout 4

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Kotaku article that's probably been posted already--author suggests it's going to be a new game that "takes the series in a new direction"

Fallout: MMO or Fallout: Battle Royale? I could probably get hyped for the former, not so much the latter

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Some sort of update/reveal should commence in just about 5 minutes.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Huge respect for Bethesda for trolling a bunch of people for an entire day

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

frajaq posted:

Huge respect for Bethesda for trolling a bunch of people for an entire day

It hasn't quite been 24 hours yet. But I hope the 9:45 update is just another watch with a different time on it. Or they just wake the figurine up and start the process all over again.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Sheen Sheen posted:

Oh boy, if it ends up being Avellone-written NV2...

(Trying really hard not to get my hopes up)

If Avellone is writing the main plot and at least one companion in a new west-set Fallout game I will move Heaven and Earth to play it

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The last thing I need is to binge another MMO before waking up one day and wondering what I'm doing with my life, but I'd give a Fallout MMO a shot.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

marktheando posted:

I never really did anything to help the settlers, but I liked being able to build a really cool lighthouse clubhouse for me and my companions.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

goddamned apparently avellone did retweet the bethesda announcement yesterday. So he's trolling along and maybe knows more.

I REFUSE to get my spirits up. IT AIN'T HAPPENING, drat you. hope is a lie.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The settlement building thoroughly sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1001522781597642754