Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

monkeu posted:

Drake revealed that he’d ghostwritten stuff for Kanye after pusha dissed drake for using ghostwriters

I don’t remember drake dissing pusha for having MS to warrant that response

Didn't need to. Drake said something about Pusha, so Pusha said a laundry list of things about Drake and those near him. Maybe step back on your advanced comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Nothing wrong with getting as personal as possible in rap beefs, pac made fun of prodigy having sickle cell, they responded by saying he got raped in prison, etc etc...all is fair game and that’s what makes it wonderful entertainment for us fans

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

monkeu posted:

the irony of this whole thing of course is that pusha went super personal and told us what? Drake got some chick pregnant? Woah. Yuuugch

meanwhile drizzy out-rapped the gently caress out of him

I’m 100% positive this is a bannable offense

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
getting personal about some other dude having an incurable genetic disease. also he got some chick pregnant

woah what a devastating set of revelations. Yuuuuuuuuuighck

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just so we’re clear you’re defending the guy that did blackface and is an alleged deadbeat dad

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How much time does drake have to respond before we stop giving a poo poo

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just so we’re clear you’re defending the guy that did blackface and is an alleged deadbeat dad

hold on a black dude can’t put on blackface now? next pusha’s gonna be going after drake for saying the N word

and how is he a deadbeat dad if he’s acknowledged the child now that it’s been proven it’s his? If pusha is to be believed he’s even naming his new sneaker line after him? Woah what a deadbeat. Yuuuuuuucjckckkkkk

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

monkeu posted:

hold on a black dude can’t put on blackface now? next pusha’s gonna be going after drake for saying the N word

and how is he a deadbeat dad if he’s acknowledged the child now that it’s been proven it’s his? If pusha is to be believed he’s even naming his new sneaker line after him? Woah what a deadbeat. Yuuuuuuucjckckkkkk

When has blackface ever been ok? Please elucidate.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://hypebeast.com/2018/5/origin-of-pusha-t-drake-blackface-photo-the-story-of-adidon?amp=1

a black dude can’t take part in a photo shoot for a black brand for its line focusing on challenging and taking back black stereotypes and stigmas? That’s some sad self hating poo poo. Yuuuuuuuuugiigiyyyuuuuuuuggghgggk

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Please explain why you think blackface is ok lmao

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
He's Australian lol

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

monkeu posted:

https://hypebeast.com/2018/5/origin-of-pusha-t-drake-blackface-photo-the-story-of-adidon?amp=1

a black dude can’t take part in a photo shoot for a black brand for its line focusing on challenging and taking back black stereotypes and stigmas? That’s some sad self hating poo poo. Yuuuuuuuuugiigiyyyuuuuuuuggghgggk

Yep, still not ok. Just because it's two black dudes who got Drake to do it doesn't make it ok....how hard is this to understand?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
LMFAO aren’t you the guy who came in here many times posting Australian rap in this thread FUCKKKK OUTTA HEREEEEEEEEEE

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Like I get it if you just think Duppy was a better catchier SONG than Infrared (if we're talking purely disses that's maybe another story) but then Pusha responded and now yet again Toronto is dead cuz they thought they could gently caress with a King

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Vince was right.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Chris Long getting in on the jokes this morning.

https://twitter.com/joel9one/status/1001656832597819397?s=21

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
all these young thug avatars have made me associate that image with just one person having a really bad hot take

plz change ur avs folks or coordinate with eachother to make better posts

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
thug avatars are blessed. protect this thread thugga

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Didn't Nick Cannon do some kind of parody video in blackface? It was some kind of commentary on hip hop iirc.

Edit: Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVqVwGWocM

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 30, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/hardROClife/status/627884552879386625

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/woke_teen/status/1001656897429061633

temple
Jul 29, 2006

i know people with family members that have painfully struggled against ms and its horrible. it doesn't kill one person, it kills a family. i wouldn't wish it on anyone.
however rap isn't real life and most of these rappers are young and/or uneducated so i think its a fool's gambit to expect them to reflect compassion or sensitivity found in greater society.
most rappers live hard lives and have never seen things like sympathy or compassion prior to being famous so policing rap music for sensitivity is a form of elitism.
i wish i lived in a world where rap was nice and uplifting but that world would be different in many ways than lyrics so rap is a reflection of things beyond the rapper in question
ms isn't funny but pusha wasn't trying to be funny. nor was drake. where the line is drawn is up to them and we can be angry about their judgement but its their judgement. no one is going to suffer over some songs we will forget in a week and most of the world will never hear. put this in perspective.
a lot of poeple want to see drake taken down a peg. most rappers never had the privileges drake has and he kinda lords over other people while participating in their culture. drake probably never had to worry about the stuff he alludes to outside of what he voluntarily introduces into this life. its fun to see people playing with fire get burned. its not hate, just poetic justice.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
drat... the real beef is on the net

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

The blackface aspect is getting the attention of people who normally don’t give a poo poo about rap beefs. In the context of Too Black Guys it might be excusable, but as a single pic in today’s cultural climate it’s loving awful.

lol if Pusha murders Drake’s career

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

The most salient point I've learned through all of this is that Adidon is a terrible name that does not roll off the tongue at all

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Will fly under the radar due to Push but in continued TDE is garbage news, apparently SZA has permanently damaged vocal cords from them sending her on tour for 11 straight months.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
National news outlets like CBS are reporting on Drake having a secret child and the first thing you see when googling the name of Drake's upcoming clothing line is an image of him in blackface. Pusha won.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Sweets23/status/1001629502508879873?s=19

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly Duppy Freestyle is the track from this I’m most likely to listen to a lot so far. I really like the flow in it. But Pusha has definitely “won” as far as the feud goes, and Story Of Adidon is a great track too.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

monkeu posted:

getting personal about some other dude having an incurable genetic disease. also he got some chick pregnant

woah what a devastating set of revelations. Yuuuuuuuuuighck

man shut the gently caress up

temple
Jul 29, 2006

^burtle posted:

Will fly under the radar due to Push but in continued TDE is garbage news, apparently SZA has permanently damaged vocal cords from them sending her on tour for 11 straight months.
says the chick wearing fake freckles.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Crumbletron posted:

The most salient point I've learned through all of this is that Adidon is a terrible name that does not roll off the tongue at all

The kids name is Adonis. Adidon is well was the name of the Adidas line of clothing Drake was about to unveil.

Buuuut I have a feeling that name I sgonna be changed.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Are the people complaining about Push going too far conveniently forgetting that Drake kinda made this personal and was asking for it? Infrared was definitely Push taking shots, but only on an industry / rap culture level. With Duppy Freestyle, Drake brought a lot of personal poo poo into it like Push's fiancee. What do you expect?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dexo posted:

The kids name is Adonis. Adidon is well was the name of the Adidas line of clothing Drake was about to unveil.

Buuuut I have a feeling that name I sgonna be changed.

I know, I just can't think of any way to say it that doesn't sound lame

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

temple posted:

says the chick wearing fake freckles.

Chilllllll don't be too hard on my fam like that, lol

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I bet push didn’t even ask drake what his preferred pronouns and triggers were before writing that diss smh

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

pusha annihilated drake for real but it's still maybe only the second meanest diss record i heard...

anyone here know i'm not even a gucci fan but this poo poo's just raw as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ycXuQjwag4

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkeu posted:

Drake revealed that he’d ghostwritten stuff for Kanye after pusha dissed drake for using ghostwriters

that wasn't a reveal. it was in the album credits and everything. hence it being dumb to bring up since kanye isnt known for shrouding his writing credits the way drake is. the credits on TLOP including aubrey's on the instagram rap "30 hours" were talked about quite a bit at the time

i took the "tick tick tick" as a clever 6tuple entendre and i dont think "having MS" is the joke. it's about who's got access to what level of production and what role that plays in their current success and ability to maintain that same level in the future.

v true as well

conventionalcat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 30, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also Kanye has written for Drake before.
Everyone knows Ye has ghost writers.

Hell Kanye promoted a song by Vic where vic literally says " I was out in La writing for Kanye but I was visualizing someone else's vision"

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

alansmithee posted:

pusha annihilated drake for real but it's still maybe only the second meanest diss record i heard...

anyone here know i'm not even a gucci fan but this poo poo's just raw as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ycXuQjwag4

Seriously. A rap beef where dudes actually died and it got discussed in the diss as braggadocio....that's some savage poo poo right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vargatron posted:

Didn't Nick Cannon do some kind of parody video in blackface? It was some kind of commentary on hip hop iirc.

Edit: Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVqVwGWocM

It gets deeper. 'Drake' called him(self) "Young Nick Cannon" on Used To