Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Johnny Truant posted:

Goddamn I can't wait till the hell that is moving to my new apartment is over so I can have some more BR time :sigh: How many more days are in this season? I was confident at the beginning I'd be able to hit lvl 100 no prob, but I'm coming up on 2 weeks of not playing, and it's looking like it may be a full month, which means I may not make it..

I've been falling behind on my battle pass challenges. I think there's 40 days left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

I've been falling behind on my battle pass challenges. I think there's 40 days left!

You can finish all of the current ones in like a few days at most

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Little Bitch Man posted:

You can finish all of the current ones in like a few days at most

Except the loving trap challenge. :negative:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
the game should give you a full ammo pump shotgun when you revive someone

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
The game now updates challenges in-game as you progress, which is like the most awesome quality of life update ever.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

keyframe posted:

Except the loving trap challenge. :negative:

Trap challenge is easy.
Step 1) get a trap
Step 2) down someone
Step 3) box him in
Step 4) put the trap down
Step 5) wait.
I'm pretty sure this is how I got it.

The real bullshit challenge is the one where you have to stand in the center of the storm 3 times in one game. Maybe I'll be able to do it in blitz or something. I got close in one Solid Gold game only to get instakilled from a snipe when I had full health.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Shopping carts are loving hilarious. This game owns.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
I got my trap kill by going to Tilted Towers repeatedly and throwing up any trap I found anywhere that made sense. Lots of chaos in Tilted and lots of weakened players. Took me a handful of tries but wasn't too aggravating. The center circle challenge was more tricky but I just jumped out the bus as late as possible, floated around till the circle showed up and went straight for the middle. After that its just aggressively pushing the middle of the circle since most players avoid the middle of the circle like a plague till the final few.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Are the steps servers getting ddosed or something? cause holy poo poo they seem broken as gently caress today.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1001960084048633856

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1001983440735137792

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I hope they add more perk up mats in the store soon. I purchased all it had and still have tons of things I want to upgrade.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Okay, 20v is the perfect mode for the center circle challenge. I finally got it in one game where it basically had the same spot as the center 3 times in a row. Someone I couldn't see started shooting me after I got there the first time but I just ran around until I lost him. I think he went up to open a crate and got too busy to go find me. Then I hid in a little ramp thing nearby until I got the center all 3 times. So glad to get that loving challenge over.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/epic-games-releases-more-enjoyable-countersuit-against-pubg-corp/

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Shopping carts handle better and add more fun to Fortnite than the cars in h1z1 lol

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

I loving love the shopping carts. In solo they're meh unless you need a speed boost but in squads we found one in Pleasant and took it all the way to Anarchy before we encountered another squad using a cart and had awesome fights.

I'm impressed that basically everything they add to the game is just more fun. My only outstanding gripes are that the jetpack needs to not take the gun slot in a chest and instead take the healing/utility/grenade slot and also that the jetpack upwards speed needs to be nerfed but hey, we'll see what happens.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Blitz owns, and my results so far are: 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd

:(

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

And there it goes. :v:

In the end only the lovely lawyers win.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Seditiar posted:

And there it goes. :v:

In the end only the lovely lawyers win.

It’s very obviously a joke

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I too love shopping carts. They guarentee us 2 kills in duos.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

monkeu posted:

It’s very obviously a joke

Point still stands.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I finally made an attempt at the 3 circle one only to get killed by some tryhard who spotted me and went way out of his way to get me. I think I'm just going to hope I get this one and the trap one naturally before the end of the season because that was a waste of ten minutes.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Mr Hootington posted:

I too love shopping carts. They guarentee us 2 kills in duos.

Not unless there is loot nearby then I’ll just rush in and get killed immediately. Who cares about kills it’s all about loot!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

jase1 posted:

Not unless there is loot nearby then I’ll just rush in and get killed immediately. Who cares about kills it’s all about loot!

The despair I felt in that moment was infinite.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

prom candy posted:

I finally made an attempt at the 3 circle one only to get killed by some tryhard who spotted me and went way out of his way to get me. I think I'm just going to hope I get this one and the trap one naturally before the end of the season because that was a waste of ten minutes.

Gosh damnit those try hards trying hard to elimanate other players in a game purely about living longer than other players :bahgawd:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

monkeu posted:

Gosh damnit those try hards trying hard to elimanate other players in a game purely about living longer than other players :bahgawd:

exactly, thank you

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hunting a dude down with the persistence of a goddamn sabretooth tiger when he's very clearly just trying to do some dumb cheevo is kind of dickish regardless of this being a BR game

e: like if you see a dude barreling straight for the center of the circle you can probably assume he's going for the 3 circles cheevo, and if I see something like that and the other person doesn't shoot first I'll just dance at them and find someone more entertaining to shoot

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Naaaahhhh

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I don't actually blame the guy for killing me, I probably would've done the same thing

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

hunting a dude down with the persistence of a goddamn sabretooth tiger when he's very clearly just trying to do some dumb cheevo is kind of dickish regardless of this being a BR game

e: like if you see a dude barreling straight for the center of the circle you can probably assume he's going for the 3 circles cheevo, and if I see something like that and the other person doesn't shoot first I'll just dance at them and find someone more entertaining to shoot

But you understand this is a game about being a dick, right? Like it's okay if you decide you wanna fight with honor or whatevs, but solo is meant to be a nasty and cunning fight to the death. The guy who doesn't /bow and wait his turn to 1v1 pistols only isn't playing wrong. I'd say the only bs is intentional teamkilling/trolling.
It's also totally cool if you wanna impose your own limitations like not using items you think are OP or strategies that are slimey, but if you're not hosting a private game where everyone agreed to those rules it's silly to complain about other people not following them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The only true dick move is killing people who are in the spot for the secret treasure while they have a dance party.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Opened my entire stock of Troll Llamas from that one patch. Got my first mythic hero. Then my second and third. Ninja, Constructor and Ninja. :suicide:

E: Not that any mythic heroes are better than the best legendary ones in their respective slots, but still. Except arguably Mega Base.

And like 10 mythic survivor leads, but none I could use.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seditiar posted:

Opened my entire stock of Troll Llamas from that one patch. Got my first mythic hero. Then my second and third. Ninja, Constructor and Ninja. :suicide:

E: Not that any mythic heroes are better than the best legendary ones in their respective slots, but still. Except arguably Mega Base.

And like 10 mythic survivor leads, but none I could use.

You're not allowed to buy back in you're a sick man

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're not allowed to buy back in you're a sick man

I didn't. I'm not even allowed to purchase V-Bucks even if I wanted to. :v:

Didn't want to grind 2 weeks for a battle pass, but had to do it because they don't allow me to purchase anything anymore.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I have Megabase but still use Power Base Knox since I can't be assed to switch after investing the poo poo to level him up. Is he really better?

In fact that's like 99% of the STW itemization: I have an armory full of poo poo I can't be assed to use.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shere posted:

I have Megabase but still use Power Base Knox since I can't be assed to switch after investing the poo poo to level him up. Is he really better?

In fact that's like 99% of the STW itemization: I have an armory full of poo poo I can't be assed to use.

Arguably better. I personally like Power base more as well. It's basically 15% more health (megabase) vs 6% more damage reduction on supported buildings (Powerbase).

I prefer the latter. And since the recent patch with traps adding % health to buildings as well, I'd say Power base might've pulled ahead (more).

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Oh okay, that makes sense. I usually just run Power with the Heavy tactical support that makes the BASE explode periodically for anything Plankerton or below.

It works well enough, I just wish I didn't have to hawk my BASE to make sure pubbies don't steal the materials from it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Any of you playing PVE really ought to add me.
Same ingame name.
Need more friends and I am a gun dispensary.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Won a solo game, then a squad game with pubbies, then took second in solo duos.

What the gently caress

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Agoat posted:

Won a solo game, then a squad game with pubbies, then took second in solo duos.

What the gently caress

That's the fun of the game. I've had rounds where I've gone beast-mode and somehow got 4-5 kills and finished in the top 10, then wound up just acting as ammo, purple gun and shield delivery to the first dude I met while doing 0 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

That's the fun of the game. I've had rounds where I've gone beast-mode and somehow got 4-5 kills and finished in the top 10, then wound up just acting as ammo, purple gun and shield delivery to the first dude I met while doing 0 damage.

Thank you for your service.

(This is me also)