Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

The stages are Castlevania but the bosses are mega man.
Megavania wasn't a crossover genre I had considered before, but I'm totally OK with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Anyone who's been wanting to get FIFA but not willing to pay £55 for it, its on sale for £19 right now on the eshop ahead of the World Cup update being added tomorrow.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

njsykora posted:

Anyone who's been wanting to get FIFA but not willing to pay £55 for it, its on sale for £19 right now on the eshop ahead of the World Cup update being added tomorrow.

$29.99 on the US shop, for those wondering. This is exactly the sale I’ve been waiting for!

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

njsykora posted:

It's still the case that you can't choose to play online with your friends, right? (Only random matchmaking with strangers).

That's the single thing stopping me buying this right now..

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Picked up a Switch, WTF is this eshop?

No Browse by category, publisher, or genre? Am I supposed to shop on their website and remote download or something?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If you go to Search, then Filtered Search, you can search by Genre (and price range and a few others). I don't think there's any option to search by Publisher or anything though on the actual console. It is pretty bare-bones. The website is much more featured.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anora posted:

Picked up a Switch, WTF is this eshop?

No Browse by category, publisher, or genre? Am I supposed to shop on their website and remote download or something?

Does PSN let you do this? I can't remember the last time I sorted anything by publisher outside of Steam.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The eShop on the 3DS and WiiU iirc let you search or sort by Publisher and a bunch of other criteria.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
The website is pretty good though

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I have a feeling that the eShop is going to get an overhaul. The whole OS has felt like an open beta since the Switch was released.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fremry posted:

I have a feeling that the eShop is going to get an overhaul. The whole OS has felt like an open beta since the Switch was released.

don’t hold your breath

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah has that ever happened on any Nintendo console? The only thing I could see them doing at some point is adding a web browser but even that might not happen

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Give the eShop music you cowards

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I want more themes and eshop music oh yeah and FOLDERS but otherwise I've been happy with the switch os. Getting video clip recording universal too, but I love it's been added to most games I wanted now

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The one good thing I will say about the Switch eshop is that it's fast, especially compared to that clunky 3ds eshop.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You know why the UI is so simple, it's so it takes less than a second to do things which is wonderful

The only thing I'd possibly want is folders/ the ability to organize the home screen, the switch has quite a pile of games by now and sometimes just displaying the 12 most recently opened things isn't very convenient.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will take the switch's fast and responsive UI over folders and a billion eshop options any day

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I will take the switch's fast and responsive UI over folders and a billion eshop options any day

Same. As much as I would like more stuff, that fast UI rules especially by today’s standards with Doritos Locos Tacos ads clogging up everything else.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It doesn't have to be either or

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Manky posted:

I want more themes and eshop music oh yeah and FOLDERS but otherwise I've been happy with the switch os. Getting video clip recording universal too, but I love it's been added to most games I wanted now

The thing I've always hoped for, so it will never happen, is tags

I do like folders, but, in the context of games, and the different ways you might like to organize them, I'd be into a system that covers all of that. Say for example you want to put all your Mario games in one spot, but you also want to organize by console, or genre

And then obviously, add a button to enable browsing and searching through tags. I like the UI in the design department, but as the system matures, I hope that they work on the UX

Spellman fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 29, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Putting Mario Party 11 in my Mario, Party, and Mario Party tags.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You can tell that image is fake because it insinuates someone bought Ultra Street Fighter 2

it's me, i bought it

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
That'd be pretty neat, if for no other reason than to tag everything as a metroidvania and post screenshots whenever possible

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

man nurse posted:

You can tell that image is fake because it insinuates someone bought Ultra Street Fighter 2

it's me, i bought it

It actually sold surprisingly well.

Anyone pick up the SF Collection today on Switch?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Samus Returns, the ultimate Metroidvania

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SeANMcBAY posted:

I ordered it on Amazon for the physical copy discount, but it won't be here until Thursday for some reason... not that I am in a hurry. I didn't get the Final Challenge and I wasn't going to get the Anniversary Collection until I saw that the original SF and Alpha 3 were in it. The former I have a strong fondness for despite the fact that it's crap; the latter is my favourite fighting game of all time and I wanted it on a mobile platform apart from my now-dormant PSP.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It actually sold surprisingly well.

I did and half the online matches are so laggy they could have called it Street Fighter II RPG Turn Based Battle Edition.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gonna tag everything as "Souls-like" and post it everywhere to make people mad

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Augus posted:

gonna tag everything as "Souls-like" and post it everywhere to make people mad

If you don't get a reaction you can always change it up to "roguelike." One of the two is guaranteed to make someone hyperventilate.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Go for a twofer, call it "the dark souls of roguelikes"

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Go for a twofer, call it "the dark souls of roguelikes"

Dark Souls is a rogue-lite Breath of the Wild.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Miles McCloud posted:

I did and half the online matches are so laggy they could have called it Street Fighter II RPG Turn Based Battle Edition.

I’d be down for that

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

HPanda posted:

Dark Souls is a rogue-lite Breath of the Wild.

This is art

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Miles McCloud posted:

duckfarts posted:

I’d be down for that

Try Yomi. It's essentially that with the trademarked bits sanded off.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
To be fair I've played it quite a bit more now and had much better matchups in regards to lag so I'm feeling a lot better about my purchase.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Also getting that SF Collection tomorrow, though I am a bit miffed that Alpha 3 is missing the 2 or 3 modes we got on consoles and doesn't get the 6 extra characters from console iterations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

DLC Inc posted:

Also getting that SF Collection tomorrow, though I am a bit miffed that Alpha 3 is missing the 2 or 3 modes we got on consoles and doesn't get the 6 extra characters from console iterations.

That is a little disappointing. It was too much to hope that we would get the PSP version that has all of the bells and whistles, but this is a let down.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm kind of amazed that the Street Fighter Collection doesn't seem to show you a connection strength with other players online. I'd never accept half of these fights if I knew they'd be so laggy.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I'm kind of amazed that the Street Fighter Collection doesn't seem to show you a connection strength with other players online. I'd never accept half of these fights if I knew they'd be so laggy.

I'm playing on Steam and I have the same complaint. Not only should you be able to see other people's connections, but you should be able to limit matchmaking to pair you up only with low-latency connections. And there should also be a separate and super-cool matchmaking pool exclusively for players who have agreed not to pick O. Sagat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

https://youtu.be/V9mZKU-8e9o?t=20