Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Why is it the most unlikely obsession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Predictably, he just plays against his dog.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Fast forward 2 weeks and Colangelo has partnered with Trump Ties to present the Big Collar Brand shirt selection at Nordstrom Rack

Clearly it will be Lavar x Bryan's Big Collar Brand.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It’s rare for him to play games where you start evenly matched

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
So Eric Jr is Jerry, but all the rest of them are Bryan because of collar defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I hope Eric Jr is Jerry and he's letting his own son swing on this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

NotWearingPants posted:

This Colangelo shitstorm should have its own thread.

Be the change you want to see in the world

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

This is either a setup or true. There can’t be that more than one person with close ties to the 76ers organization, a daughter, and an interest in UChicago men’s basketball

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

This is either a setup or true. There can’t be that more than one person with close ties to the 76ers organization, a daughter, and an interest in UChicago men’s basketball

It 100% has to be either Jerry or Bryan. There is no way that it isn't, unless this is the greatest troll of all time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m thinking it’s Jerry and Bryan knows.

Lmao what a situation

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

I’m thinking it’s Jerry and Bryan knows.

Lmao what a situation

Yup.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I made a thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3858501

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Don't let the BC stuff fool you from the fact that the Magic hired another lovely, retread coach that won't like playing younger players.

Yay.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiTown_Eazy/status/1001883593654915074?s=19

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

did he gently caress up the youngest son's ability to play in college by sending him to Eastern Europe too?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

this rules

lookout in November for Klay missing practices due to the 2018 world champs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

It 100% has to be either Jerry or Bryan. There is no way that it isn't, unless this is the greatest troll of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

yo but seriously though

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Don't let the BC stuff fool you from the fact that the Magic hired another lovely, retread coach that won't like playing younger players.

Yay.

Clifford is pretty cool, actually

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/1001891320452059136?s=19

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

At this point I'll be super disappointed if Lebron to Houston doesn't happen.

The crazy potential of that WCF series is just too much to ignore.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Why is Lonzo Ball so oddly sorft? He plays hard on defense in every way except the most important for a pg, and he did play in the pg position, he died on screens. He was afraid of contact around the rim. Go work out with a real trainer and build your core strength Lonzo.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Eric jr really has the feel of an old man using twitter on his phone, the broken syntax and weird phrasing from autocorrect, the random caps when fishing for proper nouns, the constancy of errors due to poor vision and aging eyes. Or it could be Bry guy, what the hell do I know. I'm very suspicious for fakes and frauds in these "career destroyed by web posting" moments, but it's an awfully oblique way to go about it, when you could cut to the chase and add some racial slurs if you wanted a coup de gras.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 30, 2018

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

So, how? With no Capela, Ariza, or CP3 they only have $20mil in cap space. The only option would be if Cleveland has an agreement that they'd trade Lebron for a crap platter back. Or Lebron takes a minimum, which I do not think he'd do.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The odd poo poo with the leaker talking about finding the accounts via his elaborate algorithms definitely makes me pause

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lockback posted:

So, how? With no Capela, Ariza, or CP3 they only have $20mil in cap space. The only option would be if Cleveland has an agreement that they'd trade Lebron for a crap platter back. Or Lebron takes a minimum, which I do not think he'd do.

I'm just going to dream the impossible dream until it doesn't happen

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I don't think Lebron would go to the Western Conference.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Please let the source be Hinkie, we deserve something truly perfect to happen for once.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lockback posted:

You would have to have a third team willing to eat Ryan Anderson's contract that has something to actually offer Cleveland because Gilbert is not eating Anderson's contract and the luxury tax that would go with it just to make LeBron happy.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

morestuff posted:

The odd poo poo with the leaker talking about finding the accounts via his elaborate algorithms definitely makes me pause

Why? they all followed the same accounts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lebron already stated he won't take anything less than the max from now on regardless of what team he plays for didn't he?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If LeBron said he was leaving, Gilbert could just renounce his Bird rights and gently caress him out of a supermax couldn't he?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/2018/

They have an open cap but that assumes giving up all of their players. It's possible but tricky, I don't know if Lebron would want to recreate his "figuring out how to play with 2 other high usage players who don't want to stand still while I survey the defense" years in Miami/Cleveland. It's certainly possible with a Ryan Anderson- Somebody else trade. Lebron wants to be a billionaire, I don't think he's taking anything less than the max as long as it's being offered. Paul would be forced to choose wether or not he wanted to sacrifice. The Lebron moving thing is odd, I'm sure there are cryptic clues we're missing but I have no idea where the man is going. There's no easy fit, no obvious choice.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If LeBron said he was leaving, Gilbert could just renounce his Bird rights and gently caress him out of a supermax couldn't he?
Gilbert might be a vindictive dumbo but I doubt he's that petty. Renouncing his rights would mean no chance of first round picks or other remuneration for helping Lebron on to his next stop.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/status/1001860630826151937?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Stevie Lee posted:

Why? they all followed the same accounts

If you found out about Hinkie's legit Phila12345 account you could pretty easily rig up four dummy accounts with the same follows.

A random AI enthusiast noticing a handful of "weird tweets" in the middle of Sixers Twitter and deciding to run elaborate data analysis just seems weird to me, but someone running a yearslong con to sabotage Colangelo is obviously less likely. Though given the fanbase maybe not a ton less likely

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

How come I've never seen or heard of 4/5ths of those dudes. especially the white guys who dont resemble serial killers

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

Gilbert might be a vindictive dumbo but I doubt he's that petty. Renouncing his rights would mean no chance of first round picks or other remuneration for helping Lebron on to his next stop.

I don't think he would at all, but a first from a team you're trading LeBron to is basically useless.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
wait, tony brothers is one man?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Up Circle posted:

How come I've never seen or heard of 4/5ths of those dudes. especially the white guys who dont resemble serial killers

You're not supposed to hear about refs

The only ref that I could name, and the reason I can name him isn't "he stands out as poo poo" is Hochuli

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't think he would at all, but a first from a team you're trading LeBron to is basically useless.

Gathering up armloads of first round picks at any position has helped Boston rebuild. I'd say that non lottery picks tend to be overvalued, but when your team is guaranteed to be bad (spend a few minutes visualizing Jordan Clarkson ineffectually trying to break down a defender, then passing to Kevin Love, who's doubled and has to pass to a wide open Jeff Green, over about 100 possessions per game over 82 games) , you might as well get what you can.

Although it's a fair point that what Houston can give them probably isn't worth the assets they could get from renting the Ryan Anderson cap space

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

mormonpartyboat posted:

wait, tony brothers is one man?

Hard to believe considering how much he fucks over the game

• Locked thread