Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
RIP

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/05/29/anal-oval office-guitarist-josh-martin-45-killed-in-tragic-escalator-accident/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://www.vanyaland.com/2018/05/29/rip-anal-cnts-josh-martin-dies-after-falling-off-escalator-at-providence-place-mall/

quote:

Madman guitarist Josh Martin, perhaps best known for his work in Massachusetts grindcore legends Anal oval office from 1996 to 2011, has died. He was 46.

Martin, who also played in bands like Adolf Satan, Fukk, Impaled Northern Moonforest, and Failure Clinic, reportedly fell off a Providence Place escalator late Monday (May 28) near the mall’s food court.

“According to Providence Police, the man fell off an escalator from the upper level to the food court area around 10:45 p.m., sustaining severe head trauma,” reports WPRI. “He later died from his injuries. Officials say the incident appears to be completely accidental and there is no indication that the victim intentionally jumped or was pushed.”

WPRI did not cite Martin in its report, but Vanyaland has confirmed with the musician’s friends that it was him who took the fatal fall last night. No other details surrounding his death are available at press time, though foul play has reportedly been ruled out.

Martin made news back in November 2017 when he heckled Gene Simmons during a show at Providence’s Veterans Memorial Auditorium. During a segment where Simmons was handed a key to the city by a Providence politician, Martin yelled things like “Is this a loving joke?” and “Ace is better than this!” before Simmons rushed out to alledgedy try and fight him.

http://www.630wpro.com/2018/05/29/police-man-falls-to-death-at-providence-place-mall/

e: oops oh well

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That's probably the single most Anal oval office way to die

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Smirr posted:

Life imitates art...?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
you fell off an escalator and died, you loving fag (remix)

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Smirr posted:

Weaponized Cum posted:

you fell off an escalator and died, you loving fag (remix)

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirr posted:

not sure whose death is more appropriate, his or matt sicher from mortician

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

lmao but also RIP

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Fuckin’ A was a legit great album.

But yeah that’s the most appropriate Anal oval office death

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
According to that police chief interview, the theater level, where he fell from, is on the fourth floor.

Also he was "fooling around, riding the rail" of the escalator.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Personally I’m looking forward to the toxicology report and photos from the funeral.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

came across another hall of fame metal band picture

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Personally I’m looking forward to the toxicology report and photos from the funeral.

I’m tempted to show up for the funeral/afterparty

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
wait lol i didn't see the thing about gene simmons.

josh martin owned, rip

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Smirr posted:

Only need one guess to figure out who died from alcohol poisoning.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
They booked the show with these avant-garde people. The first act is this woman playing a violin with a guy who’s pushin’ knobs and I’m thinking, This is not gonna be good. There’s nobody there. There’s no booking agent. Nobody knows who we are, nor do they care, and it’s no wonder this drunk woman walks up in front of Seth and yells, “Gimme the mic!” …and he clobbers her. Then he goes to jail.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

wait lol i didn't see the thing about gene simmons.

josh martin owned, rip

he truly lived his best life

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

Only need one guess to figure out who died from alcohol poisoning.

how many guesses to figure out which one went to prison for chopping up their mom

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Muppets On PCP posted:

how many guesses to figure out which one went to prison for chopping up their mom

From left to right:

Chopped up mom, in jail for beating his wife, alcohol poisoning, somehow lives to 80 years old playing a show every night.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

and then a decade after getting out of jail drove his car off a bridge, killing himself

for the sake of completeness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xcyOLUPE-w

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Smirr posted:

took me a few seconds for the hand-holding to register

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Who is that?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
The aforementioned NME

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Let's not forget the dude from Goatlord(great band) who shot his neighbour, her 8 year old son and then himself a while back

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

Let's not forget the dude from Goatlord(great band) who shot his neighbour, her 8 year old son and then himself a while back

\m/

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
btw master's hammer and morta skuld were absolutely amazing

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

btw master's hammer and morta skuld were absolutely amazing

I'm insanely jealous

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also due to last minute changes I learned about these guys, who are one of my favorite straight forward death metal bands atm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49U-RGflnI&t=100s

dude had his hair covering his face the entire time, "cousin it" style

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiYOqZleRQ

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
I wasn’t expecting much, but that’s a decent one.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Why can't all tech death have that much fuckin' heart? It's so good.

Frank Mullen is leaving Suffocation, but is apparently gonna do one more tour with them later this year.

It IS the heart too, isn’t it? Every song sounds like they mean every second of it. The solos are incredible too.

Something I keep noticing is the guitar tone. It’s not something I usually like. Squashed and extremely high gain to my ears, but it works so well. It fits their sound.

Didn’t realize Frank was leaving Suffocation. It sounds amicable from that at least. I’ve liked pretty much everything they’ve put out. Hopefully they get someone good to replace him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Frank retired from touring several years ago but without him even on albums I feel like it’s not Suffocation

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

p. good but get a load of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgb0biRTJRg

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Everyone's praising the new Alkaloid, and it is good, but after several listens it's still not blowing me away. There are some great riffs and melodies, and the songs are pretty well written, but it only pushes past mild enjoyment a couple of times throughout the whole album. Of all the great recent proggy death albums released recently, I think only the new Ne Obliviscaris and BTBAM are weaker. For example, I listened to the recent Augury album this morning and I still like it more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a28B7WWwlIc&t=1432s

il_cornuto fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 30, 2018

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
New Ghost leaked and it's super fuckin' good

Anyway later

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

COOL CORN posted:

Anyway later

oh no no no...you don't just get to lob a grenade and run away -- get back here!

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

COOL CORN posted:

Anyway later

can confirm

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

oh no no no...you don't just get to lob a grenade and run away -- get back here!

But that's the entire point of a grenade!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

xzzy posted:

But that's the entire point of a grenade!

god damnit, you’re right. just great — now I have to listen to ghost! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have never listened to Ghost and I don't intend to start now.