Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I take it back I definitely am biased against their cum on a cracker pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

kiimo posted:

lol if you have issues with wikipedia take it up with them also nobody cares about St Louis enough to be biased against them.

Someone is not very familiar with Chicago fans I see.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Replace extra points with a Crossbar Dunk competition

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ryan kalil is dead as Melanie

quote:

The Charlotte Observer reports Panthers C Ryan Kalil looks "healthier than he has in awhile" in OTAs.

Injuries, including a serious 2017 neck ailment, have limited 33-year-old Kalil to just 14 games over the past two years. It's the main reason he has said 2018 will be his final season. His healthy presence in the middle would be a huge boost for the Panthers.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Did anyone post this yet?

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/nfl-owner-testifies-under-oath-that-he-changed-his-mind-about-hiring-kaepernick-after-trumps-comments/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't believe in talent dilution. I believe the recent horrific play has been dictated by rule changes and the rookie scale from the CBA making teams pick unproven rookies over old veterans with a bit left in the tank.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Teams might have better talent if they had bigger rosters. They could afford to keep guys longer before cutting them. Same with more teams--more jobs in the league, guys get more chances and end up being better players.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

seiferguy posted:

I don't believe in talent dilution. I believe the recent horrific play has been dictated by rule changes and the rookie scale from the CBA making teams pick unproven rookies over old veterans with a bit left in the tank.

And the NCAA going full spread

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

ooh-wee this is a spicy link

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The Steelers have ditched the bumblebee throwback jerseys and gone with the true classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqPfGq2GQY

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I actually was going to ask the same thing earlier and forgot!

quote:

The Kaepernick legal team has already conducted more than 14 depositions of league coaches, managers and owners including billionaire Patriots owner Bob Kraft Geragos said, revealing that several owners have testified that Trump and/or Kaepernick’s position regarding the national anthem influenced their hiring practices.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Any version of this list that doesn't put the Bucs back in the NFC Central is objectively wrong. So I fixed it for you.

piss tape israel posted:

AFC West
Broncos
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders
Texans
Expansion Team

AFC Central
Bengals
Browns
Colts
Ravens
Steelers
Titans

AFC East
Bills

Dolphins
Jaguars
Jets
Patriots
Expansion Team

NFC West
49ers
Cardinals
Rams
Seahawks
Expansion Team 1
Expansion Team 2

NFC Central
Bears
Lions
Packers
Falcons
Vikings
Buccaneers

NFC East
Cowboys
Eagles
Saints
Giants
Panthers
Redskins

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

The Steelers have ditched the bumblebee throwback jerseys and gone with the true classic.

This should really just be their uniform

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Where does the nfc west get 2 more expansion teams from? Oregon? Utah? Oakland?

Raku posted:

Teams might have better talent if they had bigger rosters. They could afford to keep guys longer before cutting them. Same with more teams--more jobs in the league, guys get more chances and end up being better players.

Yeah there's a ton of guys that are athletic freaks and get the offseason camp and then cut because they're too dumb to get the playbook in a month or so.

Maybe the roster cuts getting pushed back helps though, this will be the second year of that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raku posted:

We should have 75-man rosters. 53-man with 45 gameday is restrictive as hell.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if the drop in quality is evenly distributed, we won't notice because everything would balance out

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Boring.

kidcoelacanth posted:

This should really just be their uniform
This is true, though. I only say it's boring because it isn't significantly different. I do think it looks better than their normal jerseys.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Q_res posted:

Any version of this list that doesn't put the Bucs back in the NFC Central is objectively wrong. So I fixed it for you.

Any version that splits up Saints and Falcons is objectively wrong tbqh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hifi posted:

Where does the nfc west get 2 more expansion teams from? Oregon? Utah? Oakland?

San Diego and Oakland

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/30/jerry-jones-president-made-it-clear-that-he-wasnt-letting-anthem-issue-go/

quote:

The first snippets of testimony have emerged from the depositions taken in the Colin Kaepernick collusion grievance. And it’s becoming even more obvious that the NFL changed its anthem policy at the direct behest of the President.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, while testifying in the Kaepernick collusion grievance, shared the details of a phone call with the President.

“This is a very winning, strong issue for me,” the President told Jones, according to Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal. “Tell everybody, you can’t win this one. This one lifts me.”

The President was right. There was no way to win. Even by giving in.

Per Beaton, the NFL declined comment on the matter, citing the confidentiality that applies to the grievance proceedings. A White House official did not dispute the testimony.

“The majority of the American people agree with the president, love our country, love our flag and believe it should be respected,” the White House official told Beaton. (This ignores the results of the NFL’s secret poll from last year, which showed that people both opposed and supported the protests that have been happening during the anthem. The NFL has chosen, however, to heed only the opinions of those who oppose the protests, possibly because that side reflects the President’s stated viewpoint.)

Beaton also reports that Jones, along with Texans owner Bob McNair and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, testified that they believed the protests were hurting the NFL financially. Which of course conflicts with recent statements from Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who justified the new contract given to Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan by claiming that league and club revenues are up.

Regardless of whether it’s rooted in fact, owners have chosen to believe that the protests are bad for business, in large part because the President had chosen to continue to stir up his base by chastising the NFL for allowing the protests. Which not only suggests that collusion arising from a mutual desire to placate the President may be influencing the ongoing unemployment of Kaepernick and Eric Reid, but also potentially bolsters the opinion of attorney Mark Geragos that the President may have run afoul of federal law by interfering with private employment decisions for political reasons.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

my day 1 prediction that Jerry Jones would somehow end up moronically incriminating every owner and making Kaep's case for him is vindicated

it's just too bad that rich white people are literally immune from all laws and that NFL owners are overwhelmingly white and without exception rich

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/782408312730095616

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

the anti-mattering shields for everyone in Trump's orbit aren't nearly as strong. Everyone he interacts with ends up going down in flames, I'd love to see the owners somehow get raked over the coals for this.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Is it too soon to reappropriate Teflon Don as a nickname

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Say it with me: "Jerry Jones forced to sell"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm glad that the Eagles won the last superbowl before the NFL is disbanded.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is grounds for the NFLPA to immediately dissolve the CBA with cause, but I doubt they do anything.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't know what's going to happen, but I know the owners are going to get thoroughly and comprehensively owned somehow, because Trump is like a savage hurricane where he's spinning in the center in total safety but everybody he drags into his orbit gets totally destroyed by proximity

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

kiimo posted:

lol if you have issues with wikipedia take it up with them also nobody cares about St Louis enough to be biased against them.

literally anytime St. Louis comes up, you immediately hop in with some hot take about it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i love american football and i'm very sad that the thing I love is controlled by the NFL

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I don't know what's going to happen, but I know the owners are going to get thoroughly and comprehensively owned somehow, because Trump is like a savage hurricane where he's spinning in the center in total safety but everybody he drags into his orbit gets totally destroyed by proximity

Sounds good to me in this one particular situation! Let the slaves to profit feel the whip of their own system!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Low Desert Punk posted:

i love american football and i'm very sad that the thing I love is controlled by the NFL

Hey now, you can always watch college ball....which is controlled by the NCAA, never mind.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Low Desert Punk posted:

:same: I decided to not let the league ruin the sport for me but this offseason they're apparently trying their hardest to do so

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lol if you think that people richer than Trump will get hosed over by his petty tyrant bullshit. They'll take the path of least resistance until he's out of office

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Nothing will happen to the owners

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol if you think that people richer than Trump will get hosed over by his petty tyrant bullshit. They'll take the path of least resistance until he's out of office

I mean, isn't that why they made the move at all? Because he is?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Diqnol posted:

I mean, isn't that why they made the move at all? Because he is?

Moving in their own self-interest doesn't suggest that he will win over time. You can lose every battle, and still win a war

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the mean lunch lady posted:

literally anytime St. Louis comes up, you immediately hop in with some hot take about it

I am very sorry to have insulted the city of St Louis and I'm also sorry you lost your football team and I'm sorry if I've bagged on St Louis before (it has definitely been years since I mentioned them) but I am also sorry to say that the NFL refusing to come back to St Louis is not a hot take. Sorry.

edit: moving on, TO wants to play for KC.

quote:

“…you think about a guy like Andy Reid over in Kansas City. You think about what they did last year. They’re in the playoffs, they’re up 22 to zero. Then they come out and they don’t score anymore. They lack a big play receiver or they lack somebody to draw attention so other guys are able to operate and move the chains. That’s what really stifled them from really progressing into the playoffs.”

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My Eagles fan bro won't buy the new Madden cause they put TO in a Cowboys jersey. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Did TO forget about Kelce getting concussed in that game

• Locked thread