Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
You can tell the whole thing was written when they were convinced the OLP were the primary opposition. All the bad things are in Liberal red backgrounded text and all the stuff about the NDP is hamfistedly tacked on to the end of attacks on the OLP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BGrifter posted:

The green butt plug bullet points are a nice touch.

I'd love to see the plan behind "Reduce gas prices by 10¢/litre"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

infernal machines posted:

I'd love to see the plan behind "Reduce gas prices by 10¢/litre"

Its literally reduce the provincial take of the gas tax, which was something like an almost 2 billion dollar loss per year for the government when costed out.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Nah, it's good. No need to maintain roads, we can just revert them to gravel like the Americans

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

The policy is good, the question structure is a tactical disaster:

Do you like PR, y/n?

If no, :toot: go home and relax

If yes, please work out which of these three complex (if in broad strokes very similar) PR voting systems, never before used in North America we should have settled on.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Over 10b a year in savings, so a 7%+ cut to services

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Not gonna lie that PC platform page looks like an assignment turned in by one of those delinquent kids at school who basically freestyles something just hours before it was due.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

infernal machines posted:

Nah, it's good. No need to maintain roads, we can just revert them to gravel like the Americans

If all the roads are gravel you can pretend biking is impossible

Also regarding the trans mountain: lol at tactical lib voters.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kraftwerk posted:

Not gonna lie that PC platform page looks like an assignment turned in by one of those delinquent kids at school who basically freestyles something just hours before it was due.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Looks like something I halfassed the night before it was due.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ah easy news cycle for the PC Party today, just released our platform we're gonna talk about that. Everything is doing good.

Oh wait....

https://twitter.com/pressprogress/status/1001871463656247296

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Le Saboteur posted:

Ah easy news cycle for the PC Party today, just released our platform we're gonna talk about that. Everything is doing good.

Oh wait....

:sludgepal:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
B-b-b-buuuut the Hitler memes!

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh wait....

:thunk:

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 25, 2018

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Helsing posted:

B-b-b-buuuut the Hitler memes!

Can't be inspired by Hitler if you insist he didn't do anything noteworthy

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

James Baud posted:

This question structure is the most fun since hypothetically 17% of the vote can pick the new system.

The recommendation is two questions, first is whether or not you want PR, second is how you want to see PR if it happens. If 17% of the vote is picking the new system, there are a bunch of stupid motherfuckers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
CP Rail strike successfully ended after about 12 hours, amazing what happens to negotiations when the threat of back to work legislation isn't hanging over.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what happens if you keep striking after the government passes back to work legislation? do they throw you in jail or what

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

what happens if you keep striking after the government passes back to work legislation? do they throw you in jail or what

They feed you to the lizardmen.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I assume they just replace you with scabs as quickly as possible.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 25, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I got a phone survey last night about electoral reform in BC. I forgot that was even a thing coming down the pipes. Hope it goes better than the last 2 times...

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

if it goes as badly as it did 2 times ago, it will pass because we don't have a lovely Liberal government trying to make it fail

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

The Government will start fining the union heavily and individual members who don't go back to work. If they held out long enough I assume they would throw them in jail.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Square Peg posted:

So, we're going to pay $4.5B for "the Trans Mountain pipeline and all of Kinder Morgan Canada’s core assets." How many disused wells does that include? How many tailing ponds? Did Canada just fork over billions so a private company doesn't have to clean up it's mess?

Late but you need to go read about the difference between upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas. KM is midstream which means there are no wells or tailings.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DynamicSloth posted:

The policy is good, the question structure is a tactical disaster:

Do you like PR, y/n?

If no, :toot: go home and relax

If yes, please work out which of these three complex (if in broad strokes very similar) PR voting systems, never before used in North America we should have settled on.

This is by far the best way to do the question. The real meat the of the question is the first one, do you want PR? By separating the question of which system you want, you avoid people voting no to PR in general because it isn't the system you want. Given that there really isn't a system of PR that would be worse than FPTP, it's the right move.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tochiazuma posted:

no it really wasn't :smith:

Good news then!

https://twitter.com/OSSTFtoronto/status/1001886975476068353

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
How does the OLP's self-owning compare to Jim Prentice's self-own (I mean the complete electoral collapse, not the plane crash)?

It seems like it could be bigger and even more unforced, and that's pretty goddamn difficult.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I have the feeling that if they hadn't taken their last majority as a mandate to sell everything that isn't nailed down (and some of the nails too), people wouldn't be nearly as hostile towards them. They've run the province for 14 years, through a major recession, without completely tanking the economy and presiding over decent growth in the urban centres.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's now time for Doug Ford and the Conservatives to come into power. Time to have some adults in the room. Fiscal responsibility, common sense budgeting, putting Ontario on the path to pay off its debt, making us wealthy rather than corporations, creating job opportunites by removing the Greenbelt--- no, we don't loving need all these trees and greenery which NO BODY EVEN WALKS THROUGH OR LOOKS AT! Create businesses, homes, families to grow in and shop and work. Knock down the minimum wage into a realistic area which doesn't choke off the job creator businesses.

Katheleen Wynne and Dalton McGunity before her have destroyed Ontario but we still have a chance with Doug to rise up from out of these ashes. Fire that Hydro One CEO ASAP. Let's get a Ford Nation loyalist in there-- someone who believes in Doug's vision of more money in tax payer pockets. Someone who will knock down the hydro bill.

Hospitals are overcrowded and nurses overworked = a loving myth. Stinks more of massive efficiency lmao i can't loving do this anymore jesus christ what is wrong with conservative brains and minds holy gently caress all i want is NDP in power and diced onions back on the menu at harvey's lord please ... please lord give me that orange wave straight into my veins

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

source ur quotes

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I always find it super wierd when right wingers add in some little anti-corporate jab. Like you guys get you're voting for the party who's absolute primary above-all goal is enriching corporations right?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

yellowcar posted:

source ur quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoHq4W3ayYw

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I always find it super wierd when right wingers add in some little anti-corporate jab. Like you guys get you're voting for the party who's absolute primary above-all goal is enriching corporations right?

Actually, it's about individual freedoms. And corporations are people and they need the freedom to profit above all else.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Tories are basically just one step short of fascists making a distinction between the grande bourgeoisie (foreign, corrupt, morally compromised) and the good petty bourgeoisie (salt of the earth, pillar of the nation, herald of social cohesion forever and ever) because ideologically social cohesion in the face of an ever changing world has been basically conservatism's essence since Burke and Hobbes.

This poo poo speaks to the actual middle class.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Good to see that being dead hasn't slowed down George Carlin

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Didn't see anything about $1 beer, voted NDP instead.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I got a phone survey last night about electoral reform in BC. I forgot that was even a thing coming down the pipes. Hope it goes better than the last 2 times...

Oh that's why LeadNow has been calling me; I could only figure that someone accidentally confused 604 and 613 and wanted to ask if I was voting for Horwath. Anyway you assholes stop calling me at 8pm I'm not going to answer (I also was not going to answer any other times).

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'll laugh when Ford wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'll laugh even harder when the PCs have no choice but to play nice with the NDP in a minority government.

Although the true comedy option in that scenario would be throwing their toys from the pram and forcing another election in a few months, and getting utterly decimated at the polls from a fed up electorate.