Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AwkwardKnob posted:

Hahaha gently caress, I wish man. The funny thing is I did all of these forever ago before all of the DLC had been released. Now a lot of stuff I used mods for is basically just included. If I was doing these on PC I could probably make some utter madness. I'm too afraid to install on PC and start over though, I'd never stop.

Yeah man. Just throw this poo poo into your portfolio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Shunting all the base building and survival garbage into its own game is basically what I wish they would do with zombies and Call of Duty. Now they're free to farm out a cheap sequel to Obsidian without having to worry about a bunch of new systems garbage.

😛

This would be the best timeline, and I want to live in it.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Viva Miriya posted:

Yeah man. Just throw this poo poo into your portfolio.

Not sure why this has never occurred to me before. Perhaps I'll do that.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

marktheando posted:

Is Route 76 that famous that they would name a game to be sold worldwide after it? The only yank roads I know as a non American are route 666 and route 69.

Interstate 76 (I-76) is a major thoroughfare in Pennsylvania, and is one of the main access highways for the the Philadelphia region.

Philly-born "Rapper???" G-Love even wrote a song about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8tq9Va6U68

Also the Philly basketball team are the 76'ers.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AwkwardKnob posted:

Yeah you basically made entire levels for fun and made them look clean and nice for kicks. You're clearly self motivated and thorough as gently caress and its really awesome stuff. Do that man.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Otacon posted:

Interstate 76 (I-76) is a major thoroughfare in Pennsylvania, and is one of the main access highways for the the Philadelphia region.

Philly-born "Rapper???" G-Love even wrote a song about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8tq9Va6U68

Fallout 76 is actually about the Philadelphia 76'ers

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Azhais posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zQoBZNT.png
are also confirmed playable

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Azhais posted:

Trust the Process. It could be the catch phrase of some faction.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Vault 76 is canonically in (West) Virignia. Ref. the Vault map in the Citadel in F3.

I'm willing to bet that F76 uses idTech6 instead of Gamebryo/Creation. Every game that's not been directly developed by Bethesda Softworks but has been developed by a studio they own has been on an engine other than Gamebryo/Creation. DOOM and Wolfenstein on idTech, Prey on CryEngine, TESO on ???, etc.

If the game has any sort of multiplayer component, odds are good it's either idTech6 or CryEngine since those engines are actually designed for multiplayer.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

dragonshardz posted:

TESO on ???, etc.

ESO was it's own engine. It started out using HeroEngine but that wasn't the final, I don't know if the actual engine was a heavily modified hero or something entirely from scratch.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

toasterwarrior posted:

do you really want another single-player story-heavy fallout game from bethesda proper

they already had two tries dogg

after seeing how gorgeous PoE2 is, i really want obsidian to make another isometric Fallout. i know it'll never happen but drat do they have that style down to a science.

edit: for real obsidian just call is Shmallout and it takes place in the Republica California Nueva and Coalition of Iron need the player to do quests.

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 30, 2018

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Freaking Crumbum posted:

after seeing how gorgeous PoE2 is, i really want obsidian to make another isometric Fallout. i know it'll never happen but drat do they have that style down to a science.

i mean drat dude, i know a lot of people want obsidian to take another shot at fallout and im right there with them but i dont see it happening anytime soon

fo4 was flawed as gently caress and had an atrocious story, but i legitimately enjoy bethesda dungeon diving and the settlement system held a lot of promise considering that my biggest beef with bethesda world design is how static it is. it's probably a stretch to consider whatever we've heard of FO76 bethesda keeping to their biggest strengths, but i'm willing to say it's them avoiding their biggest flaws, and that's a legitimately smart move

but yeah, gently caress it, i'm willing to wait and see how this shapes up

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Rookersh posted:

It took 35-60 years to put the Highway's together. It took $500 billion dollars. We basically built a major Highway system in loving Northern Africa. We started with quite literally nothing and built out a major road network.

And all this happened right before the big war in Fallout.

Right before? The bombs dropped in 2077.

(I like the Northern Africa comparison.)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vavrek posted:

Right before? The bombs dropped in 2077.

(I like the Northern Africa comparison.)

Infrastructure Week finally ends just as the bombs fall

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

if this is instanced exploration about twenty years after the war with co-op play and maybe some sort of social hub at the vault... I kinda dig that. build a few makeshift shelters, maybe some state of decay type stuff, collect a mcguffin and a bunch of garbage you can use to make mods and armor then truck on back to '76.

with it being so close to after the bombs fell when you finally reach that cool spot you saw off in the distance, all the npcs will be dead. that removes the most disappointing part of beth games.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bholder posted:

Exactly, New Vegas fans want deep character stories about how post-apocalyptic communities are formed and slavery is totally cool and good, while Bethesda wants to make a post-apocalyptic themepark.

This is from a few pages back, but seriously: da gently caress are you talking about? New Vegas very much has a "slavery is bad, it's what assholes do" message, all the Fallouts do. The one exception to this is "The Pitt" DLC for Fallout 3 which has the message of "slavery is okay sometimes maybe" and that was made by Bethesda.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is from a few pages back, but seriously: da gently caress are you talking about? New Vegas very much has a "slavery is bad, it's what assholes do" message, all the Fallouts do. The one exception to this is "The Pitt" DLC for Fallout 3 which has the message of "slavery is okay sometimes maybe" and that was made by Bethesda.

People get mad that there was even a token effort to have Caesar sell the Legion as a 'necessary evil' type of faction instead of just flat out putting Bad Guys on every one of their foreheads. They were pretty clearly the bad guys though, yeah.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Is this your first time riding the pre-release hype train? Wild, faithless and often extremely angry speculation is part and parcel, friend.

My favorite is the guy explaining the history of the US interstate and how it will definitely feature prominently into this game based on absolutely nothing, or maybe the people searching for deeper meaning in the lyrics of a John Denver song that's been used to indicate 'generic US midwest/rural cosiness' for a few decades now :v:

I'm too old not to know better, but I still managed to be shocked. That said I will carry the interstate rant in my heart until the day I die.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Any updates on F76?

Is it just going to be a poo poo Fortnite?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dragonshardz posted:

Vault 76 is canonically in (West) Virignia. Ref. the Vault map in the Citadel in F3.

I'm willing to bet that F76 uses idTech6 instead of Gamebryo/Creation. Every game that's not been directly developed by Bethesda Softworks but has been developed by a studio they own has been on an engine other than Gamebryo/Creation. DOOM and Wolfenstein on idTech, Prey on CryEngine, TESO on ???, etc.

If the game has any sort of multiplayer component, odds are good it's either idTech6 or CryEngine since those engines are actually designed for multiplayer.

If this PUBG clone finally gets Bethesda to stop using Gamebryo, then I'm definitely still not going to play it, but I'll at least give it credit for that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Any updates on F76?

Looks like there'll be no official word until E3, lots of rumors and stuff that probably will be true from anonymous sources though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
^e: awesome thank you friend.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Any updates on F76?

e: oh

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-...=Kotaku_Twitter

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

"Online survival RPG" is a very broad label with many possibilities. It could end up being lovely Fortnite, could turn out to be a neat thing like jfood posted. We won't know until BethSoft tells us more.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

AwkwardKnob posted:

Hey I'm kind of late, but I despise base building in Fallout and these are really really good. Like, if they made places that looked like that I'd be ecstatic.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i still think it’s goin g to be a visual novel

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
lol @ all the "reaction" videos on youtube surrounding the hype train. Here are my similarly grounded-in-inference deductions based on Reddit, Kotaku and YouTube comments:

1. You play as a member of a John Denver tribute band from Vault 76. What instrument you play is your starting class and you level up via rhythm game, making percussion the natural easiest class.

2. Two chairs and two set plates on the dining room table in the video? YOU PLAY AS TWINS

3. An award trophy of a golden toilet means that your settlement has adequate waste management facilities for happiness +.

4. Use of the Pip-Boy 2000 with the dials on the WRONG SIDE means that Bethesda is shamefully willing to destroy canon AGAIN.

5. Online game PLUS settlement focus is the FINAL NAIL in the Fallout coffin and I'm going to immediately type out a death threat to GODD HOWARD on the comment section of a random MrMattyPlays video.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

5. Online game PLUS settlement focus is the FINAL NAIL in the Fallout coffin and I'm going to immediately type out a death threat to GODD HOWARD on the comment section of a random MrMattyPlays video.

this but unironically

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

frajaq posted:

this but unironically

lol dude...we know literally nothing substantial about the game at this point at all. It could be awesome.

Shut up and JAM!
Sep 3, 2011

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

lol dude...we know literally nothing substantial about the game at this point at all. It could be awesome.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
tHere IZ KNOW PoINtE EVER Spekulatyng ABOWT duhgAme

WEDONTKNOWANYTHINGABOUTIT

:smug:
:dukedoge:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
HOW
DARE
YOU
SUGGEST
A
GAYM
MITE
BE
BAD

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You've been eating poo poo in the past decade

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i think it's going to be good

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Sinteres posted:

People get mad that there was even a token effort to have Caesar sell the Legion as a 'necessary evil' type of faction instead of just flat out putting Bad Guys on every one of their foreheads. They were pretty clearly the bad guys though, yeah.

Eh, i have strong memories of people arguing way back when the game came out that actually Caesar's legion had the right idea and that systems based on slavery and subjugation had a better track record in the more primitive environment of a post-apocalyptic world.

I mean those people were super loving wrong, but they (along with the ones who said that The NCR was just as bad as the Legion) definitely weren't in short supply back when New Vegas was the most recent Fallout, so I think there's a kernel of truth in the idea that (some) New Vegas fans liked talking about whether slavery might be good, maybe from a devil's advocate perspective or as a fun thought experiment, if nothing else.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Reveilled posted:

Eh, i have strong memories of people arguing way back when the game came out that actually Caesar's legion had the right idea and that systems based on slavery and subjugation had a better track record in the more primitive environment of a post-apocalyptic world.

I mean those people were super loving wrong, but they (along with the ones who said that The NCR was just as bad as the Legion) definitely weren't in short supply back when New Vegas was the most recent Fallout, so I think there's a kernel of truth in the idea that (some) New Vegas fans liked talking about whether slavery might be good, maybe from a devil's advocate perspective or as a fun thought experiment, if nothing else.

Turns out there are a bunch of fascists online and they were maybe hiding in plain sight the whole time.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Hot take: Bethesda could put together a decent story if a) they come up with something more original than "[family member] is missing" and b) they commit to telling ONLY that story without open-worlding it to death.

Hotter take: The game will be about your missing brother and it basically expects you to be a boy even though it lets you be a girl.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

1. You play as a member of a John Denver tribute band from Vault 76. What instrument you play is your starting class and you level up via rhythm game, making percussion the natural easiest class.

Well great, now I very much want a post apocalyptic rhythm game RPG hybrid that will never come :saddowns:

maybe it's just piss?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Hot take: Bethesda could put together a decent story if a) they come up with something more original than "[family member] is missing" and b) they commit to telling ONLY that story without open-worlding it to death.

Hotter take: The game will be about your missing brother and it basically expects you to be a boy even though it lets you be a girl.

Bethesda tends to have good ideas but horrible execution.

It kinda shows when the best written characters in the series are from the MMO...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So wait, are we not allowed to remember Bethesda's earlier games and the quality of the subgenre when talking about a new Bethesda fallout spin off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So wait, are we not allowed to remember Bethesda's earlier games and the quality of the subgenre when talking about a new Bethesda fallout spin off?

It's about expectations.

If you want New Vegas 2, give up