Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think Herbert Love would work anymore. Politics has gotten way more ridiculous than a Herman Cain parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Man, everyone looks visibly older. Kinda like the jump from pre and post Netflix Trailer Park Boys.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maeby looks especially older. :stare:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

George Michael’s like 40 and still looks 12. Maeby turned into Iliana Glazer.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

business hammocks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9zOrIAWQOs

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Glazer is just 2 years older than Shawkat too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Glazer is just 2 years older than Shawkat too.

I think some people just don't realize or aren't remembering how long ago the first season of Arrested Development aired. It's been 15 years.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Maeby looks especially older. :stare:

Wait til you see Transparent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
One of the few things I like this season is Maebe pretending to be a senior and hanging with Sitwell. She does a good Florida retiree impression.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm 4 episodes into AD and haven't laughed yet

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It doesn't get better.

After watching AD S5 I started watching Black Mirror S4. Both made me feel like poo poo but, for BM, that's a success.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Phew, I'm glad I gave up on AD two episodes into that dumb rear end forth season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

She's looked like Ilana Glazer for like 10 years now though

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
All the people we're talking about are around 30 and total babes, I don't know what you're talking about.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

All the people we're talking about are around 30 and total babes, I don't know what you're talking about.

:confused: I wasn't saying otherwise, Ilana Glazer is gorgeous and so is Maeby.

Has anyone watched the Steve Martin/Martin Short special? I love Martin but Short is so hit or miss.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Jiminy Glick was fuckin hysterical but yeah other than that he's kinda spotty.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I saw that show live and it was one of the most magical nights of my life until I got a $300 parking ticket

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

Has anyone watched the Steve Martin/Martin Short special? I love Martin but Short is so hit or miss.

Watched it. It was great. Would have been better if it was a Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers concert (if you ever get the chance, go), but I laughed real fuckin’ hard many times, which I usually don’t do watching comedy by myself.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

precision posted:

It was good, plus you get to see a little bit of Martin Short side dick, and who doesn't want that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah the Martin/Short thing ended up being pretty drat good, they were having a blast clearly. Reminded me a lot of Oh, Hello!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
"The Departed" is up on Netflix. It's a pretty obscure movie, probably a lot of you haven't seen it yet but it's good movie.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's called Depahted you dummy

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Field Mousepad posted:

It's called Depahted you dummy

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

precision posted:

It's really great. They spent the first half of the special roasting each other, before breaking off and switching back and forth doing their own segments.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Watched Stand Up Guys on Amazon, which is a Mob comedy starring Al Pacino and Christopher Walken and It's easily one of the worst things I've ever seen put to film. I was sort of in awe at how bad it was. Which I think is the only reason I didn't turn it off 15 minutes in.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
I watched Rea(l) Love based on the promise of outrageous confessions from the thread but could not continue past the beginning of episode 3...the uninhibited misogyny is just too gross. Making a rape joke about a girl, finding out they were abused and taken advantage of, and following it up with officially labeling her a slut was beyond the pale.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

I think some people just don't realize or aren't remembering how long ago the first season of Arrested Development aired. It's been 15 years.

What stands out to me it's that everyone is noticeably older even from S4. We kind of assumed it was done as a weird joke

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Best post of this entire thread.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

James Acaster’s Repertoire is an excellent compilation of four ~55 minute standup sets that work amazingly well together back to back. I loved it.

Also, Tig Notaro’s new standup set has maybe the best closing I’ve seen in a stand up special.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Teddybear posted:

Also, Tig Notaro’s new standup set has maybe the best closing I’ve seen in a stand up special.
Is the rest of it good?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was debating watching it earlier, because I'll watch pretty much any standup that isn't Jeff Dunham or Fluffy, but I'm yet to see Tig Notaro say anything funny ever so I'm hesitant.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

veni veni veni posted:

Watched Stand Up Guys on Amazon, which is a Mob comedy starring Al Pacino and Christopher Walken and It's easily one of the worst things I've ever seen put to film. I was sort of in awe at how bad it was. Which I think is the only reason I didn't turn it off 15 minutes in.

It’s good and cool

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

eriddy posted:

Is the rest of it good?

The rest is good. It’s her deadpan style discussing her life— her wife, her cat, her two twin sons, all of which is a sharp contrast from what she was better known for when her life was considerably darker. I quite liked it.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Cool, ill take a look. I was in the same boat as the fine poster above who never heard Tig say a funny thing. Have you guys noticed that female comedians etc

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Her album Live (which isn’t on Netflix per se but is part of the doc about her, Tig, which is) was great, I thought.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I ,Tonya is up on Hulu.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I, Tonya is real good. Go watch it if you like good stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I, Tonya is one of the best movies in an already stacked as gently caress year. It really helps if you grew up in the 80s/90s at all.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

eriddy posted:

Cool, ill take a look. I was in the same boat as the fine poster above who never heard Tig say a funny thing. Have you guys noticed that female comedians etc

To be fair, whenever she came on to something like Comedy Death Ray she would usually kill any momentum Scott and the other guest built up for the sake of anti-humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

To be fair, whenever she came on to something like Comedy Death Ray she would usually kill any momentum Scott and the other guest built up for the sake of anti-humor.

This isn't even close to true

EDIT: Wait I may have read this wrong. You're saying she was doing that hilariously, right? Because she was.