Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want Octopath Traveler so drat bad. It looks good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Man do you guys live in bumfuck nowhere cause my Toys R Us was picked clean of games.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Lobster posted:

Oh dang. That didn't happen to me when I was playing that part of the game. Have you tried rebooting the game?

Rebooted the game and lost all my progress for the course. I had everything done but the final hole. I’ll make progress and see if it happens again.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

E2M2 posted:

Man do you guys live in bumfuck nowhere cause my Toys R Us was picked clean of games.

Actually that's exactly where I live but to be polite I call it West By God Virginia.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

E2M2 posted:

They removed them from the shelves mostly or didn't put them on sale

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
have any good games come out since Bayonetta

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Yeah

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone else playing Yoku’s? Surprised no one is talking about it. Reminds me of a Pinball Ori. The art style is so good, too.

Anyone getting West of Loathing or Smoke & Sacrifice?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Harrow posted:

:yeah:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
My backlog Is A Problem

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't watch that video right now, do they mention/show if you can turn off the gratuitous and eye-searing post-processing in Octopath Traveler? :ohdear:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I can't watch that video right now, do they mention/show if you can turn off the gratuitous and eye-searing post-processing in Octopath Traveler? :ohdear:

I dont know what post processing means but if it is that weird blurry tilt-shift thing Octopath has going on I hope so. Itd be nice to play more than 10 minutes without getting a headache.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

I dont know what post processing means but if it is that weird blurry tilt-shift thing Octopath has going on I hope so. Itd be nice to play more than 10 minutes without getting a headache.

Yeah. That, the vignette (darkening of the screen edges), bloom and film grain. It's like they threw literally every post-processing effect in their game engine on there and went "yeah that's good" like they're making their first videogame in Unity. I really hope the game will be good though, it should be extremely my thing considering how much I love Bravely.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought octopus graveller was UE4

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I thought octopus graveller was UE4

Oh yeah I didn't mean that it was actually in Unity, it's just a thing you often see from people making babby's first game. Discover the post-processing stack and then apply EVERYTHING :v: You often see it in "How to make your game look MUCH BETTER!!!" tutorials.

It probably irks me more than most though, which I'll admit. I also really adore the low-poly 3D + sprites approach (Ragnarok Online was my first MMO :allears:) so it just makes me really sad that they're slathering the nice graphics in ridiculous amounts of post-FX.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Feenix posted:

Anyone else playing Yoku’s? Surprised no one is talking about it. Reminds me of a Pinball Ori. The art style is so good, too.

Anyone getting West of Loathing or Smoke & Sacrifice?

Was ready to jump on S&S until I read about some performance issues - during the final boss in particular. Now I'm waiting to see if it gets smoothed out after release.

How is Yoku's in handheld?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That's expensive? After the hell that was grinding out Balloon World for hours to get the Skeleton that seems pretty good for one outfit. I'm sure my tune will change when I actually get home and have to grind them up that many again though... Please let the Snow Kingdom be in bonus.
Considering the coin cap is 9999, yeah it's pretty expensive.

Thankfully, its pretty easy work to grind that up in Balloon World Sand kingdom, once you know where all of the balloons would be based on their distance and direction.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Feenix posted:

yep, it's really good. might dethrone Steamworld Dig 2 as my favorite indie on switch

The Manticore posted:

Was ready to jump on S&S until I read about some performance issues - during the final boss in particular. Now I'm waiting to see if it gets smoothed out after release.

runs at max resolution & 60fps in both modes as far as i can tell.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Crawfish posted:

Considering the coin cap is 9999, yeah it's pretty expensive.

Thankfully, its pretty easy work to grind that up in Balloon World Sand kingdom, once you know where all of the balloons would be based on their distance and direction.

You're absolutely right, I was mis-remembering how expensive some of the postgame outfits were. Tonight'll be fun.

And I used the Snow Kingdom for that, once I could judge exactly where the balloon was going to be the coins were like rain.

And thanks to the thread for mentioning Yoku's Island Express, I had never heard of it before but a quick google has revealed it to be extremely My Jam and I want to play it now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Manticore posted:

Flawless.

So... just the final boss? Just in handheld? Link to source?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Feenix posted:

Flawless.

So... just the final boss? Just in handheld? Link to source?

I don’t have any links handy. I just googled reviews and skimmed the text to see how it runs. Seems like things can chug when the screen is filled with monsters and effects.

The reviews were otherwise glowing, for what it’s worth. I’m sure it’s fine 95% of the time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just a heads up to anyone who's playing or planning to play Minecraft once it's updated, there's a pretty chill invite-only goon server here that you'll be able to play on once the Better Together update is released. The main rule is don't be a jerk.

Also, you'll need a free Xbox Live account. To play online. Even from your Nintendo Switch. That'll never not be weird to me. Awesome, but weird.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, you'll need a free Xbox Live account. To play online. Even from your Nintendo Switch. That'll never not be weird to me. Awesome, but weird.

It's connecting to an Microsoft server and there's no standardized account between the two, so it needs its own login credentials for their network.

It is very awesome and weird though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's connecting to an Microsoft server and there's no standardized account between the two, so it needs its own login credentials for their network.

It is very awesome and weird though.

Oh yeah, I know why it is how it is, and I have to give MS credit, they're really handling it all the best way possible (if you don't care about mods). I also think it's interesting how it's cheaper to play online when NOT on a Microsoft console.

Too bad PS4 owners get screwed with this, thanks to Sony.

Edit: just reread the post of mine you quoted, and yeah, I made it sound like "even from a Nintendo Switch" was "ugh, why do I need to do this?". I meant it as "even a Nintendo console can do this!" :shobon:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As a os4 owner, I have to say gently caress sony for taking their ball and going home on the whole crossplay thing. It’s clearly the next big thing in multiplayer and they missed the boat

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Kirby gives his friends kisses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

As a os4 owner, I have to say gently caress sony for taking their ball and going home on the whole crossplay thing. It’s clearly the next big thing in multiplayer and they missed the boat

They have 3 times as many people they dont care

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is west of loathing out yet?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They still haven't added the ability to play their own older games on the system. They have one focus, and that's the PS4. Every other system is dead to them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

I looked this up and it looks like a 2000-era flash animation and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. What even is this game? :psyduck:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Sequel/spiritual successor to famed 2000s era flash game, Kingdom of Loathing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its real funny how ms can make no good games for half a decade, trick people into selling their 360 only to make their whole strategy about 360 game subscriptions, and blow smoke up your rear end about how they believe in crossplay after refusing it and telling sony/squareenix to go gently caress themselves unless ffxiv was segregated, and yet still come off like the good guy. They should get outta gaming and into crisis public relations gotdamn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Your Computer posted:

I looked this up and it looks like a 2000-era flash animation and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. What even is this game? :psyduck:

A fun rpg with humor.... is it out yet?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Harrow posted:

:same:

I'm avoiding reviews because they'll just make me want the game even more.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Its real funny how ms can make no good games for half a decade, trick people into selling their 360 only to make their whole strategy about 360 game subscriptions, and blow smoke up your rear end about how they believe in crossplay after refusing it and telling sony/squareenix to go gently caress themselves unless ffxiv was segregated, and yet still come off like the good guy. They should get outta gaming and into crisis public relations gotdamn

Sir, would you like to order now?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm just saying their handling of (Vanilla) Minecraft is very, very good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rootbeer and a #2

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Oh yeah I didn't mean that it was actually in Unity, it's just a thing you often see from people making babby's first game. Discover the post-processing stack and then apply EVERYTHING :v: You often see it in "How to make your game look MUCH BETTER!!!" tutorials.

It probably irks me more than most though, which I'll admit. I also really adore the low-poly 3D + sprites approach (Ragnarok Online was my first MMO :allears:) so it just makes me really sad that they're slathering the nice graphics in ridiculous amounts of post-FX.

They’ve apparently added options to tone it down, which I hope will help. The weird post-processing is definitely the only thing I don’t love about how Octopath looks.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I would like to order more meltdowns about Microsoft, but I guess I can wait two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Real hurthling! posted:

I think the shop updates at noon est? I might be making it up. I need this game because the wait for Mario tennis is killing me.

• Locked thread