Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That 4 armed gently caress was cool actually. He had a personality that the other characters lacked big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Solo: Release the Snyder cut

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

the main attraction for me for ROTJ was the space battle and rogue one easily topped it so rotj's fallen a bit for me

I just watched Rogue One again last night and that battle is the best of any of the films. It's so drat good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The movie does such a good job of showing that Han is a great pilot that they have to have a character interrupt his own death to tell the audience that he’s a great pilot. That’s a sure sign that the information has been well conveyed, visually.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Kinda surprised that no one betrayed/stole poo poo out of the Falcon and took off in the nose pod, laughing while they seal the door. Instead they just get rid of it....to go fast? Or to make the cthulu eat it? I literally can't remember

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ingmar terdman posted:

Kinda surprised that no one betrayed/stole poo poo out of the Falcon and took off in the nose pod, laughing while they seal the door. Instead they just get rid of it....to go fast? Or to make the cthulu eat it? I literally can't remember

It was a luxury escape pod, Han launches it as a decoy so it's engines will attract the space monster

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Ingmar terdman posted:

lol?

what's with people in this thread having paid money to go see the movie but not actually watching it

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

lol?

what's with people in this thread having paid money to go see the movie but not actually watching it

It happens more often than you'd think. There were a lot of people who missed the Broom Kid's force-pull at the end of TLJ too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lol?

I really don’t remember it at all. It was incredibly forgettable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just get the Lego, duh!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PT6A posted:

It happens more often than you'd think. There were a lot of people who missed the Broom Kid's force-pull at the end of TLJ too.

that movie feels like it's ending at least three times, I won't poo poo on people checked out by that point on their first watch

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

yikes. guess I Dont Actually Like Star Wars after all

(I remember the ejection during the Kessel run but not the specific reason I am sorry but it looks like I got most of the way there)

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I like to sit facing away from the screen so I can watch nerds hating Star Wars.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I know using eyes and ears takes effort but I don't have an eidetic memory or anything here and even I remeber Han literally turns to the camera to tell the audience what the gently caress he's about to do with that escape pod and why.

Are you guys even sure you'd be able to follow along with a Lord & Miller cut at this rate?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm waiting for my third screening to start. Man, this movie is a fun ride. :)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Based on the box office results 50% of the sales have been to Jivjov. At least the Lord and Miller cut has a good excuse for why no one is watching it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thanks for keeping Star Wars alive, Jivjov.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

jivjov frequently like to go thru pain like the Avengers series marathon of like 12 movies

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ingmar terdman posted:

yikes. guess I Dont Actually Like Star Wars after all

(I remember the ejection during the Kessel run but not the specific reason I am sorry but it looks like I got most of the way there)

Han shot it as a decoy to bait the monster into charging too close to the gravity well.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Vintersorg posted:

jivjov frequently like to go thru pain like the Avengers series marathon of like 12 movies

I can't loving wait for the trilogy of trilogies marathon next year when Episode IX hits.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

I can't loving wait for the trilogy of trilogies marathon next year when Episode IX hits.

pare things down and just watch the trilogy of death stars: ANH, ROTJ, and TFA

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

Insane for Rogue One to not qualify for this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Episode 9 is definitely gonna have a death star as well. Every this one is a solar system and can destroy a Galaxy probably? That ups the stakes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

Insane for Rogue One to not qualify for this.

i was talking about the three death stars and rogue one's is the same as ANH's so that makes things messier

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Brother Entropy posted:

I dunno if a cameo as a hologram is enough to count TFA as "containing the Death Star"

Brother Entropy posted:

i was talking about the three death stars and rogue one's is the same as ANH's so that makes things messier

And by your own metric, TFA is disqualified on the same grounds as R1.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Episode 9 is definitely gonna have a death star as well. Every this one is a solar system and can destroy a Galaxy probably? That ups the stakes

I'm thinking a massive force bomb like from the Jedi vs. Sith comic. Except aimed at All Life as We Know It. It seems to be a good way to cap off the whole series that's centered around ridiculous superweapons and the underdogs who fight them.

Space Edit: Just remembered one of the first fake scripts for TLJ claimed that Snoke's evil plan (besides 'not' getting sliced up like a WCW Saturday Night jobber) was to use Kylo's connection to the force as the Force's grandson to power a force bomb-type scenario to murder all life in the universe, kinda like how Jesus' connection to all life as God was used to purge all sin. It was an interesting plot that I was sorry to see not be used actually.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 31, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Since everything the EU is coming back Sun Crusher coming in Ep 9.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

jivjov posted:

I dunno if a cameo as a hologram is enough to count TFA as "containing the Death Star"

And by your own metric, TFA is disqualified on the same grounds as R1.

The Starkiller Base is the death star they're talking about.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LesterGroans posted:

The Starkiller Base is the death star they're talking about.

Well...it's not a Death Star. It's a superweapon, but not a Death Star.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

jivjov posted:

Well...it's not a Death Star. It's a superweapon, but not a Death Star.

Yeah, but really, it's a death star.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

dont even fink about it posted:

Yeah, but really, it's a death star.

No it isn't. It's explicitly not a Death Star.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

jivjov posted:

No it isn't. It's explicitly not a Death Star.

But, at the end of the day, a death star

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It’s a Death Star in all but name

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Its a Superweapon, like the Death Star(s). But being in the same category as the Death Star does not make Starkiller Base a Death Star.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jivjov is the most literal person on the planet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

sponges posted:

It’s a Death Star in all but name

The Death Star was an artificial battle station; Starkiller Base is the planet Ilum an unnamed planet converted into a superweapon.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It is a Starkiller Base that kills Stars to Death.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

jivjov posted:

The Death Star was an artificial battle station; Starkiller Base is the planet Ilum an unnamed planet converted into a superweapon.

It’s so similar they might as well be the same. You’re being intentionally petty about this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"I shall name this weapon The Death Star. It is a virus with no vaccine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

sponges posted:

It’s so similar they might as well be the same. You’re being intentionally petty about this.

It's not petty to know the names of things.