Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/jribas/status/1001840602571526145?s=19

What an incredibly stupid time to live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MrMamoxi/status/1000798920581279744

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Continuing the saga of Roseanne

https://twitter.com/bcsproul/status/1001550525651931136

I like this one

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ambitious Spider posted:

Not even the original thunder cats

I think when a lot of people remember Thundercats, they're basically just thinking of the awesome and well animated opening title sequence or whatever, and not the actual show, which was just as poorly and cheaply animated as pretty much all the other samey looking stuff from the 80s. Old Thundercats had the same look and tone as all the other 80s action cartoons that were popular then, and new Thundercats has the same look and tone as the more silly kind of cartoon that's popular now. Wow, outrage.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

‘Thundercats sweating like sailors’ was the best thing the show ever gave us. A joy to find on the early internet.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Can cats even sweat?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

cptn_dr posted:

Can cats even sweat?

Only through their toe beans :3:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

canis minor posted:

I like this one

Well, to be fair,

Depression makes you shoot up schools.
OCD makes you assassinate politicians.
PTSD makes you commit war crimes.

Standard stuff, duh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ReidRansom posted:

I think when a lot of people remember Thundercats, they're basically just thinking of the awesome and well animated opening title sequence or whatever, and not the actual show, which was just as poorly and cheaply animated as pretty much all the other samey looking stuff from the 80s. Old Thundercats had the same look and tone as all the other 80s action cartoons that were popular then, and new Thundercats has the same look and tone as the more silly kind of cartoon that's popular now. Wow, outrage.

Yeah even by the metric of "this show exists to sell crappy plastic toys" ThunderCats was well down the totem pole.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

canis minor posted:

I like this one

The makers of Ambien decided to weigh in on the issue.

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1001973062936547330

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Warmachine posted:

The makers of Ambien decided to weigh in on the issue.

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

:vince:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ReidRansom posted:

My brother's ~10 year old daughters have discovered 80s He-Man, and they think it's the greatest thing ever.

He and I laugh at the ludicrous toy placements and rotoscoped animation and overwrought scene wipes ("I wish I could have transitions like that in my life. Okay I'm going to work *HEEEE-MAN*"), and meanwhile they sit and stare enraptured at the screen

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can’t decide if that account falls for every obvious joke post, or knows that’s probably the ones that’ll get retweeted the most so doesn’t care.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Krispy Wafer posted:

It was a different time. Stop trying to impose current norms and mores on the past, man.

Court wizards haven't been in vogue for centuries

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My great granddaddy fought in the silver ore

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Away all Goats posted:

My great granddaddy fought in the silver ore

I love this :lol:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

🎵 Mitch match, civil where
Half the knives they ain't there🎵

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Merkinman posted:

What an idiot, there are clearly four nurses in that picture.

Imagine four nurses on the edge of a morgue. Time works the same way.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Dude I went to grad school with suddenly started posting weird screeds on Facebook lately. Most of them are related to environmentalism and animal rights/cruelty but then yesterday he dropped this one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1001992838790381568

there are 42 million Black people in America, also, you know, the Black people outside of America which is somewhere around a billion I think?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Speaking at a festival is still considered social media of a sort, aye? Because Germaine Greer has gone off the deep end. And I know that anti-feminism has often been disguised in the language I just used, so let me summarise one suggestion she has. Acknowledging that the majority of rape cases are not violent, aggressive situations (no argument from me) and so penalties for rape should be reduced (???!?!!???!?).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samovar posted:

Speaking at a festival is still considered social media of a sort, aye? Because Germaine Greer has gone off the deep end. And I know that anti-feminism has often been disguised in the language I just used, so let me summarise one suggestion she has. Acknowledging that the majority of rape cases are not violent, aggressive situations (no argument from me) and so penalties for rape should be reduced (???!?!!???!?).

"we need to lower the penalties for rape, but also permanently brand rapists on their face." I don't think reduced sentence means what she thinks it means.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
How many years in jail does a face brand translate into?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Memento posted:

Yeah even by the metric of "this show exists to sell crappy plastic toys" ThunderCats was well down the totem pole.

My ex had a massive thundercats logo tattooed on his chest

Even if he hadn't been a trash person with a two-year-old's understanding of consent I don't think that relationship would have lasted long

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When I was a kid my mom bought me Panthro snow boots and I hadn't seen Thundercats but Panthro looked rad as hell.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Samovar posted:

Having been raped in one of her scenarios she compares to bad sex, she can go gently caress herself. No, penises aren't lethal (who the gently caress does she think is saying that?). One still ruined my life for almost a decade.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is white racism racism perpetrated by white people? That's like the only way I can actually parse Bill O Reilly's "logic".

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GrandpaPants posted:

Is white racism racism perpetrated by white people? That's like the only way I can actually parse Bill O Reilly's "logic".

Yes.

For some reason, every time someone on the right agrees with them, terminally woke people love to get real mad. Yeah, he hosed up in that it’s 13 percent and not 13 million, but O’Reilly saying “racism bad” is being met with a surprising amount of vitriol.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar posted:

Thanks for the poo poo summary that overlooks the fact that she wants that to happen so people actually go to jail for rape (which practically never happens), that our definition of rape should be widened in the courts and that doing that would mean a clear delineation between violent sexual crimes and less violent ones.

Its definitely a hot take but to all it "anti-feminism" is lazy as poo poo

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ugly In The Morning posted:

For some reason, every time someone on the right agrees with them, terminally woke people love to get real mad. Yeah, he hosed up in that it’s 13 percent and not 13 million, but O’Reilly saying “racism bad” is being met with a surprising amount of vitriol.

The implication of Bill O'Reilly's condemnation is that there's not evidence America is racist as hell without people like Roseanne being very pointedly racist. She "sent a signal that racism is alive and well" as if before that people were forgetting it was. Good on O'Reilly for at least having a breaking point but he's not doing anybody any favors here.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Yes.

I've no intention of spending any time on O'Reilly, but I'm assuming he's getting dunked on for the message "holy poo poo, hey, black people, it turns out racism is still around!" after 8 years of the Obama presidency and also the current president being a literal white supremacist backed by actual nazis.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Yes.

It's because his version has 'Overt & open' in front of it. If Roseanne had made some vague dogwhistle comment he'd defend her.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yes.

hint: he doesn't really think that racism is bad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/finallyzach/status/1001942408215580673

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

EL BROMANCE posted:

‘Thundercats sweating like sailors’ was the best thing the show ever gave us. A joy to find on the early internet.

"What the gently caress is a samoflange?"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Thanks for the poo poo summary that overlooks the fact that she wants that to happen so people actually go to jail for rape (which practically never happens), that our definition of rape should be widened in the courts and that doing that would mean a clear delineation between violent sexual crimes and less violent ones.

Its definitely a hot take but to all it "anti-feminism" is lazy as poo poo

Why would an expansion of the definition of rape require such a delineation?

Not a devil's advocate, am curious - assault covers a wide range of interactions including very basic physical interaction; but the punishment is no less.

E - of course, I am not involved in law, either, so I could be utterly mistaken, I'll grant you.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I'd be more willing to give this to him if he didn't have the same meltdown earlier in the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012