Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I want there to be a thread on this forum where the only people allowed to post are jivjov, mrbibs, and smg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I want there to be a thread on this forum.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AndyElusive posted:

I know using eyes and ears takes effort but I don't have an eidetic memory or anything here and even I remeber Han literally turns to the camera to tell the audience what the gently caress he's about to do with that escape pod and why.

Are you guys even sure you'd be able to follow along with a Lord & Miller cut at this rate?

I remember all their movies fairly well unlike this trash.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Episode 9, they build the solar system super weapon than can destroy galaxies, which the rebels take out with a starkiller base, which the first order takes out with a death star, which the rebellion takes out with the millennial falcon, which is taken out by a tie fighter advanced, which is taken out by Rey with a lightsaber, who is taken out by Poe Dameron on a double date where Finn sulks about his girlfriend he doesn't like.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finn super isn't into Rose, but he doesn't know what to do about it because he spent the first 25 years of his life as a brainwashed stormtrooper.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Episode 9, they build the solar system super weapon than can destroy galaxies, which the rebels take out with a starkiller base, which the first order takes out with a death star, which the rebellion takes out with the millennial falcon, which is taken out by a tie fighter advanced, which is taken out by Rey with a lightsaber, who is taken out by Poe Dameron on a double date where Finn sulks about his girlfriend he doesn't like.

I'm already in line for tickets.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont think the space battle in rogue one was that great

it had some cool imagery like the massive swarms of tie fighters launching and the part where they try to get through the gate before it closes but the winning :master: was just kinda eh

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the next superweapon the first order will build will be the Pedant Star, which can only be destroyed by somebody who distinguishes between a death star and a superweapon that looks and functions exactly the same as a death star

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I Can't Believe It's Not The Death Star!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

Finn super isn't into Rose, but he doesn't know what to do about it because he spent the first 25 years of his life as a brainwashed stormtrooper.

They're both terrible people and suit each other perfectly.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 31, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
The next superweapon will be the antithesis to the Death Star, called the Life Planet, where the celebrate Life Day every day of the year.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

jivjov posted:

The Death Star was an artificial battle station; Starkiller Base is the planet Ilum an unnamed planet converted into a superweapon.

Is Ilum not officially SKB?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Is Ilum not officially SKB?

Nope; they've hinted at it ALL over the place (including having "Starkiller Base origin system" line up on the new Canon maps exactly where Ilum was on the old Legends maps), but the closest thing they've done to confirming it is Leland Chee saying something to the effect of "They sure have a lot in common..." in response to a point blank question on Twitter.

Either they're saving that for a "big reveal" in a future project, or they've just decided that that would be one bridge too far in old Legends references.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Big reveal: it's a Death Star.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's really more of a Death Planet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Big reveal: it's a Death Star.

It literally, explicitly, textually, is not a Death Star. A character says "It's another Death Star!" and is IMMEDIATELY corrected

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
in my opinion the resistance is evil

the first order destroys a planet and then in revenge the resistance also destroys a planet??

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's really more of a Death Planet.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

jesus christ jivjov please stop doing this every single time

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's a Laser Moon, you dotards.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

It literally, explicitly, textually, is not a Death Star. A character says "It's another Death Star!" and is IMMEDIATELY corrected

What they're saying is that it's not the size of Death Star 1 by the way of comparison. Like Death Star 2, it's a bigger Death Star.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

cargohills posted:

jesus christ jivjov please stop doing this every single time

Sorry I actually paid attention to The Force Awakens.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I don't think you did.

For example, with that scene I bet you missed what a scumbag Finn is, since he knew about the new planet-busting weapon the whole time and made no effort to warn people about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you had paid more careful attention you would know SKB is a Death Star regardless of what Matt Parkman says.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - Alexander Hamilton

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

whether or not it is actually a death star you make a massive fool of yourself every time this happens

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"The Death Planet" would be a good name for a Star Wars movie. It's got that Flash Gordon vibe.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

"The Death Planet" would be a good name for a Star Wars movie. It's got that Flash Gordon vibe.

The Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear series did something like that in its first book "Eaten Alive"

A planet named D'vouran isn't exactly subtle, is it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

cargohills posted:

whether or not it is actually a death star you make a massive fool of yourself every time this happens

Accurately recalling something from a film is "making a massive fool of myself"? I think its much more foolish to insist that something false is in fact true. Though I guess if it works for the President of the United States it can work for a forums poster too...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Starkiller Base is gay, they say

Serf
May 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

Accurately recalling something from a film is "making a massive fool of myself"? I think its much more foolish to insist that something false is in fact true. Though I guess if it works for the President of the United States it can work for a forums poster too...

uh oh we're getting topical

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The Supreme Leader of the First Order is Ben "Kylo Ren" 'Solo'. The inevitable IX superweapon(s) will be called Vader's Toasted Nuts or something

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bendak like Beckham

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:munch:

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

please stop digging my friend

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

But more seriously, why do you care so much about this? It doesn't really seem like a big deal.

Serf
May 5, 2011

it would be more accurate to call the third death star a star destroyer because it destroys a star in the movie

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The real issue here is that the third death star doesn't even have a cool name. It's a 'base'. Whoah.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wheat Loaf posted:

But more seriously, why do you care so much about this? It doesn't really seem like a big deal.

Because this is a discussion forum; we discuss things here. But its hard to have a good discussion when people have basic facts wrong.

Serf
May 5, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The real issue here is that the third death star doesn't even have a cool name. It's a 'base'. Whoah.

star guzzler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

Because this is a discussion forum; we discuss things here. But its hard to have a good discussion when people have basic facts wrong.

If the emperor turned to the camera in return if the Jedi and said "This isn't a bigger death star, it's a super laser station" you'd believe him too and say it's not a death star.