Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JBP posted:

Cool which game did this happen in?

The fictional angry man upset him, be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

When did he rape women?

He grabbed the hair of those two friendly naked ladies and absolutely had consensual relations with them. By force. After asking. With his fists. Using diplomatic means. Of his dick.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the ol' deep diplomatic dicking

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

He grabbed the hair of those two friendly naked ladies and absolutely had consensual relations with them. By force. After asking. With his fists. Using diplomatic means. Of his dick.

I thought they paid him for it with health orbs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

None of them, Kratos has never said anything about video games intelligent or otherwise, I know its hard to believe but its true

Kratos has one game in his Steam account, and it's Hatred.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JBP posted:

I thought they paid him for it with health orbs.

Dear god, male prostitution!? In my video games!?!? :monocle:

E: vvv honestly my favorite “romance” scene in GoW is the bit in 3 where he’s so good at it he ends up making the handmaidens bone each other just from watching, it’s so stupidly over the top

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 31, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I just watched a youtube Kratos bang comp and all the chicks are massively into him.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

... all the chicks are massively into him.

God of Weinstein

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Pretty sure the women have always asked Kratos for sex, not the other way around.

Kratos has never raped anyone. Please link to the scene or it didn't happen.

The only thing he ever did to an unwilling naked woman was crush her in a lever gear.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You can easily argue that God of War encouraged unhealthy attitudes and expectations of women (something I think we can all agree with) without making the claim that it depicted rape

Also, content aside, anyone claiming that God of War was ugly just has amnesia. Its graphics blew people's minds back then by pushing the limits of what people thought a PS2 was capable of

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 31, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Crows Turn Off posted:

Pretty sure the women have always asked Kratos for sex, not the other way around.

Kratos has never raped anyone. Please link to the scene or it didn't happen.

The only thing he ever did to an unwilling naked woman was crush her in a lever gear.

Every scene is like "I have no time for this woman/women" while buxom wenches beg for some K-man, then it gives the player control and player smashes that fuckin circle button, then square, then rotate the stick, then the computer lady cums really hard and a little fountain of a boy urinating shoots water everywhere.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to 'finish' Yak0 now.

Have 3 chapters to go, so I'm going to play them all in one hit

homeless snail posted:

Does Rez Infinite count

Rez is in my wishlist for games to pick up once it goes on sale, because the soundtrack is 110% my poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZHxRGMATc

It's also a game that would probably be a fuckload of fun to play while high.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

You can easily argue that God of War encouraged unhealthy attitudes and expectations of women (something I think we can all agree with) without making the claim that it depicted rape

Also, content aside, anyone claiming that God of War was ugly just has amnesia. Its graphics blew people's minds back then by pushing the limits of what people thought a PS2 was capable of

god of war was one of the best looking games period at the time, but "at the time" was 2005 and people forget how long ago that was. it's like when people say something looks like a ps2 game just because it seems kinda dated

I do think you can argue that the aesthetic is unpleasant tho

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah this is pretty indisputable. I do think they tried to make it corny and campy rather than something that absolutely stuck out as crass though (well, no more than the rest of the game anyway), and it really did set up the new GoW to gain a lot of cred for holding back.

The series’ tonal shift going into GoW4 I think works even better because the original 3 weren’t meant to be taken all that seriously. It was a Harryhausen film on the PS2 with tits and a lot of blood, which makes the often slow and somber reboot all the more impactful for what it tries to do and especially when it succeeds.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

then the computer lady cums really hard

they faked it, kratos is a minute-man

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I remember playing the original GOW game and being like "HO HO HO!!!!!!!! HOLY poo poo I HOPE MY MUM DOESN'T SEE THIS"

e: I was 21 :c00l:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they faked it, kratos is a minute-man

that minigame didn't last that long!!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The sex minigame in GOW 4 with Mirmir was weird.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

The sex minigame in GOW 4 with Mirmir's head was weird.

Yeah but it was worth it for the commentary.

“Ach, yer lucky I’m still missing that eye!”

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

god of war was one of the best looking games period at the time, but "at the time" was 2005 and people forget how long ago that was. it's like when people say something looks like a ps2 game just because it seems kinda dated

BTW if you want a good laugh, look through old PS2, PS3 and Xbox360 metacritic best of all time charts:

Gears of War 1: 94
Gears of War 2: 93
Gears of War 3: 91
God of War 1: 94
God of War 2: 93
God of War 3: 92
Rock Band 3: 93
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3: 97
Virtua Fighter 4: 94

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

BTW if you want a good laugh, look through old PS2, PS3 and Xbox360 metacritic best of all time charts:

These were all sweet games.

Except maybe VF4

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we did it guys, we beat the other gow by 1 point

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Steve Yun posted:

Those seem pretty accurate to me. I don’t remember VF4 being that amazing though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Except maybe VF4

None of those games are good except VF4.

edit; Actually, I'll give you Tony Hawk 3 as well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm guessing the answer to this is a resounding no, but if the PSN webstore tells me that my CVC on my card is incorrect, and its not, is there something that can be done? Really annoyed I tried to grab TW3 expansion pass before it went off sale the other night, and this website is still giving me poo poo about my card after months.

Works fine on the console though. So annoying. At least it goes on sale a lot I guess.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sometimes the store just decides it doesn't want your money. I gave up after a while and switched to buying the store cards

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, store cards is the way to go.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GMG still has store cards for 8% off I think

None of those games are good except VF4.

edit; Actually, I'll give you Tony Hawk 3 as well.
I'm glad you came to your senses and edited this post

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
VF4 is okay. VF4Evo fuckin' owns.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yak0 chat - Chapter 14 ending cutscene has me full bawling. Tachibana was my bro :qq:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I actually prefer the former for it's chillwave menus and ladder challenges. Also, as much as I love Brad Burns his addition wasn't worth loving up Vanessa.

And Goh sucks.

Vanilla VF4 was polished like a loving diamond.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I always enjoyed GoW because it felt like me as a mythological story but as we see them today - with petty, uncaring gods and brutal, amoral protagonists. And even though I doubt they actually meant to portray it that way, I don't remember anyone calling Kratos a straight out "Hero", even at the time. At best people would say he just happened to be less of an rear end in a top hat than the antagonists - although I never played 3 or the new one so maybe he goes even further?

Of course, that doesn't mean you're forced to enjoy it, to each it's own. I do think it's very interesting that they decided to revisit such a despicable character after so long and with such a different mindset. Feels a bit like The Wrestler, someone being given a second chance to show they changed after they were forgotten.

edit:

Infinitum posted:

I'm going to 'finish' Yak0 now.

Have 3 chapters to go, so I'm going to play them all in one hit

Infinitum posted:

Yak0 chat - Chapter 14 ending cutscene has me full bawling. Tachibana was my bro :qq:

I don't know what time it is where you live but the last few chapters have a lot of cutscenes. They're all loving awesome, but maybe leave the Finale for tomorrow if you're too tired to appreciate it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samuringa posted:

I always enjoyed GoW because it felt like me as a mythological story but as we see them today - with petty, uncaring gods and brutal, amoral protagonists. And even though I doubt they actually meant to portray it that way, I don't remember anyone calling Kratos a straight out "Hero", even at the time. At best people would say he just happened to be less of an rear end in a top hat than the antagonists - although I never played 3 or the new one so maybe he goes even further?

Of course, that doesn't mean you're forced to enjoy it, to each it's own. I do think it's very interesting that they decided to revisit such a despicable character after so long and with such a different mindset. Feels a bit like The Wrestler, someone being given a second chance to show they changed after they were forgotten.

GoW 3 didn’t feel that far out of whack for me in terms of how awful Kratos was, but he was definitely 0% human and 100% pissed off god by that point in the story. Where in the first one you could just smash random civilians for health pickups, GoW3 makes you kill a random handmaiden to solve a puzzle. (Though I mean, they made you kill a prisoner of war in GoW1 for the same reason... and you could screw that up and kill an infinite amount of them...) No one ever seemed to praise him though, they just all seemed to see him as useful and not to be screwed with.

I think I have Ascension and... the uh, other one? For PS3. I should give them a go once I’m caught up on the deep and totally not screwed up lore of Drakengard/NieR.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

JBP posted:

Except maybe VF4

VF4 is the best game on that list.

kirbysuperstar posted:

vf 4 owned. vf4evo just owned harder.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kind of annoying that if you purchase a digital copy of a game you had installed from a disc, you have to delete and redownload it...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I don't know what time it is where you live but the last few chapters have a lot of cutscenes. They're all loving awesome, but maybe leave the Finale for tomorrow if you're too tired to appreciate it.

Australia. It's 3:30pm

Gonna get my high stakes Japanese drama on :hellyeah:

poo poo is hitting Game of Thrones levels of I-want-to-loving-kill-this-prick-already

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

Australia. It's 3:30pm

Gonna get my high stakes Japanese drama on :hellyeah:

poo poo is hitting Game of Thrones levels of I-want-to-loving-kill-this-prick-already

Rip those goddamn shirts off then, mate. It's time to settle things.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The prequel games did their best to make Kratos more sympathetic. He's willing to stay in the underworld to be with his dead daughter, until he has to push her away in order to literally save the world.

It turns out he has a brother, who is kidnapped and tortured for dozens of years by the gods because of a prophecy that says a scarred man will kill them all... Kratos saves him but then he dies anyway.

Also Kratos meets his mother, who tries to tell him who his father is, but Zeus transforms her into a monster and Kratos kills her.

Then Kratos is kidnapped by the furies, on Zeus' orders, and is tortured for like a year. When all that's done, Athena asks him for a favor...

Then the trilogy happens and it turns out that, yeah, he really just was a piece of poo poo :v: I really like the first game's story though. It's a stand alone Greek tragedy / action romp that honestly didn't need a sequel.

I definitely felt that having played those games added to the new one. There are a lot of scenes that made me remember how Kratos killed his father, mother, wife and daughter with the blades that symbolize his days as a slave.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Kind of annoying that if you purchase a digital copy of a game you had installed from a disc, you have to delete and redownload it...
Agreed, and it’s all the more annoying that the Xbone doesn’t have this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Weren't the gigantic bosses a pretty big deal at the time? I remember being impressed by that. And IIRC it was mentioned in comparison to Shadow of the Colossus back when that was released, on the basis of the size of the colossi