Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I returned a few items on Amazon and they say the refunds were processed on May 5th. So far nothing has shown up on my Chase Amazon Visa.

I’ll be calling Chase on Tuesday but I was wondering if I might be missing something?

Refunds should show in my Chase transactions as a negative value, right?

Check your Amazon credit balance, refunds default to Amazon credit you have to choose to send the funds to your credit card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
It was definitely credited to the card, both the website and phone support confirmed it on Friday.

Phone support said they’d process them again just in case, but I thought maybe I was missing something when looking at my Chase statement because the credits are just not there.

I guess I’ll wait a few days and call Chase.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

It was definitely credited to the card, both the website and phone support confirmed it on Friday.

Phone support said they’d process them again just in case, but I thought maybe I was missing something when looking at my Chase statement because the credits are just not there.

I guess I’ll wait a few days and call Chase.
Weird. I've had lots of returns via Amazon, and I've never once had a credit issue. There have been multiple times where they don't scan a package they receive from me, or only scan one of two things in it, but customer service fixes that right away. If you're sure its the same Visa # on Chase and Amzn, I'd call Chase.

If your inquire with Chase is more complicated than the most basic thing ever, I would definitely call. The secure message quality of service has gone downhill this year... They did a chargeback on the wrong item for me..and corrected it by doing it again...

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Spent more last month on eating out than on groceries (yes ultimately this will be resolved, but for *reasons* right now we're grabbing food out more than we ever have), so I went ahead and applied for the Barclays Uber card for the 4% payback. Approved no problems, and had my limit and account set up within 5 minutes. I really like the account access site as well, even the "reset password" question options were relatively thoughtful compared to others.

That's what I wanted to post - hands down so far the best website experience of all the cards I've had. Everything was snappy and well laid out. The worst is Citi IMO, just buggy as all hell.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I'm a US resident about to move to a country where a chip-and-pin card is mandatory for any kind of automated transaction (like buying transit passes), and I want to get one before moving. Is my only option Barclays?

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr
Anybody want to post or PM me a referral link for the Discover IT card?

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr
ignore my double post

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Crooked Booty posted:

Anybody want to post or PM me a referral link for the Discover IT card?

https://refer.discover.com/s/6acdo

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Citi DoubleCash got some changes to benefits:

Citi posted:

We wanted to let you know about some upcoming changes to the benefits for your Citi® Double Cash Mastercard® card. Effective July 29, 2018.

Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service and Travel & Emergency Assistance benefits will be removed, and you will no longer be eligible to use these benefits effective July 29, 2018.

For purchases made on or after July 29, 2018:
• Worldwide Car Rental Insurance: Program coverage won't apply to charges or expenses for the loss of use of the rental car, rental agency fees, or taxes.
• Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection: You may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,500 per trip and $5,000 per calendar year. Please note, coverage will be limited to you and your family members. For updated coverage terms, see the Covered Reasons section for this benefit in your Guide to Protection Benefits.
• Damage & Theft Purchase Protection: You may be covered for up to $1,000 per incident for 90 days from the date of purchase or delivery of the item purchased with your card. Please note, coverage provided by this benefit will be secondary (meaning if you have another insurance policy, this benefit will cover only the amount your other policies do not). Coverage won't include firearms, ammunition, jewelry, watches, tires or items that are under the care and control of a third party including, but not limited to, the U.S. Postal Service, airlines, or delivery services.
• Citi Price Rewind: You may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $200 per item and $1,000 per calendar year. Program coverage won't include consumables, tires, watches, firearms, or ammunition. You won't be reimbursed if the lower priced item is found at a warehouse club where the merchant requires a membership fee.
• 90 Day Return Protection: Program coverage won't include firearms, ammunition, tires, jewelry, furniture or appliances.

View the complete coverage details that will be effective July 29th, including coverage limits, what's covered and what's not covered by clicking the link below. You can also call 1-866-918-4670. The terms in your current Guide to Protection Benefits will still be applicable for purchases made with your card before July 29th – visit cardbenefits.citi.com.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Citi DoubleCash got some changes to benefits:
Jerks, excluding guns and ammo from purchase protections.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I had a good run with the double cash card. My local CU just came out with a 2% card and I’m moving most of my spend to that instead. I rather give them the business.

It’s a chip and pin card so putting a pin in is taking some getting used to, and a couple retailers have been confused as well.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

angryrobots posted:

That's what I wanted to post - hands down so far the best website experience of all the cards I've had. Everything was snappy and well laid out. The worst is Citi IMO, just buggy as all hell.

I was a happy arrival plus cardholder for several years, just had to close the entire account as I had a second round of fraudulent transactions after closing a card a few months ago. They do not allow reporting of these through the website at all and presumably gave the merchants I never bought anything from the updated number. Their customer service has been lousy throughout.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Word is that BoA is only using soft pulls now for CLIs.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Barclays is pretty poo poo imo.

My Uber card was eaten by a parking gate machine, so I got a replacement card. It would occasionally be unreadable and I finally got around to getting it replaced and asked for expedited shipping on the house. I certainly spend enough on it per month. Their "investigations" team looked and could only see one time that my charge was rejected, which basically means their method of checking these things can't actually log poo poo and they're wrong. Amex would send me expedited cards without my asking, and that is with my spend on Amex much lower than my Uber spend.

Oh, and the app doesn't work in random places. Click "report lost card" and it'll try to dial both domestic and international phone numbers together as one long string.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Speaking of the uber card does it just not work with Square chip readers (ie the credit card chip reading machines made by the company Square) for anyone else?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shear Modulus posted:

Speaking of the uber card does it just not work with Square chip readers (ie the credit card chip reading machines made by the company Square) for anyone else?

I don't know for sure if it is a square reader, but I go to a food truck a couple of times a week that has a reader on an iPad and it works there.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

sanchez posted:

I was a happy arrival plus cardholder for several years, just had to close the entire account as I had a second round of fraudulent transactions after closing a card a few months ago. They do not allow reporting of these through the website at all and presumably gave the merchants I never bought anything from the updated number. Their customer service has been lousy throughout.

Does Barclays not handle fraud like every other bank I've had to deal with? It would be really strange for them to give any merchant an "updated" card number for any reason, nevermind it being a fraudulent charge.

Maybe you have a keylogger? Sucks about their customer service though - but you know how that varies with the CSR you happen to get on the phone.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

angryrobots posted:

Does Barclays not handle fraud like every other bank I've had to deal with? It would be really strange for them to give any merchant an "updated" card number for any reason, nevermind it being a fraudulent charge.

Maybe you have a keylogger? Sucks about their customer service though - but you know how that varies with the CSR you happen to get on the phone.
Chase allowed a vendor to bill 2x (4/18-5/18) after I submitted and completed a dispute in 3/18 for an unauthorized charge. Last time I had a legit charge from that company was 2014, and it was on a card that was reported lost in 8/15.

Following the 2nd dispute, Chase, on their own volition (I had them check - I never opened a dispute on this transaction), marked another entirely unrelated charge as a dispute - that one was with PayPal, I was worried PayPal was going to shut me down because PayPal. Took Chase 7wks to sort that out....

Up until April, I thought Chase had A+ customer service.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

angryrobots posted:

Card companies will give updated numbers to merchants who do recurring billing sometimes, so your netflix subscription doesn't cancel itself whenever a card is replaced. Both Visa and MC have programs for it. The crazy part about Barclays is they gave the new number to a recurring subscription that had been fraudulently setup, billed once, and disputed immediately.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I have a credit freeze on one report and fraud alerts on the other two. If I want to apply for a new credit card, should I just temporarily lift the freeze until the application is approved? I assume for the fraud alerts they will just call me.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if it would be against Amazon’s Visa’s term to cancel and renew my prime membership only when I’m going to actually make some purchases?

I do most of my Amazon shopping in two or three spurts when I’m back in the US and I almost don’t use the other Prime features.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Does anyone know if it would be against Amazon’s Visa’s term to cancel and renew my prime membership only when I’m going to actually make some purchases?

I do most of my Amazon shopping in two or three spurts when I’m back in the US and I almost don’t use the other Prime features.

I don't know why not. There's a month-to-month option for $13. If you buy a year you only cancel the renewal, they don't prorate you back

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I think it works fine if you don't have Prime, it goes down to 3% cash back from 5%

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Speaking of the Amazon Prime Visa, I'm looking into getting one for me and my wife. I'd like her to be able to carry one with her name on it but have one bill for both our cards (which is how our AMEXs work). Has anyone else done that on the same Prime account?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Harveygod posted:

Speaking of the Amazon Prime Visa, I'm looking into getting one for me and my wife. I'd like her to be able to carry one with her name on it but have one bill for both our cards (which is how our AMEXs work). Has anyone else done that on the same Prime account?

When you sign up for the Amazon Visa there should be an area where you can add an Authorized User. If not you can easily add one after the fact via secure message to Chase.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

astral posted:

When you sign up for the Amazon Visa there should be an area where you can add an Authorized User. If not you can easily add one after the fact via secure message to Chase.

Tanks! :killdozer:

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Harveygod posted:

You can have authorized users, but most non Amex cards share the same number and do not break it out by user or card like Amex does.

I do not easily see a difference between my wife's charges and mine on our Amazon CC.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

My new job is giving me a US Bank corporate card instead of an Amex like I used to have. The Corp card dept says it has a rewards program like the Amex’s membership rewards. Does anyone have experience with US bank’s Corp card rewards program? Is it somewhat similar to Amex?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Generally for corporate cards the idea is that you don't get the rewards...

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Generally for corporate cards the idea is that you don't get the rewards...

My company's amex agreement allows us to get the MR points from the corporate spend but we have to pay amex for the privilege of we want them.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The Electronaut posted:

My company's amex agreement allows us to get the MR points from the corporate spend but we have to pay amex for the privilege of we want them.

Yeah, this is how my old job worked. Pay $90 per year to Amex and I can use the roughly 60k MR points from Corp card spend. It’s only 1 point per dollar, but it adds up when I spend that much.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

My corporate BofA Merrill Lynch has a similar program. 75 bucks and we can get the points. I don’t travel enough to care.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
For the first time in my life I've booked an entire trip using solely cc points and I feel like a baller.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Have a vague recollection of some card that gives more cash back if you have a fairly high amount in your associated brokerage account. Ring a bell for anyone?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

smackfu posted:

Have a vague recollection of some card that gives more cash back if you have a fairly high amount in your associated brokerage account. Ring a bell for anyone?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/premium-rewards-credit-card/
Some of their other cards, too.

More info: https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/#benefits

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Read the OP and went back a few pages but wanted to know if the OP advice from 2017 was still relevant. I know basically nothing about rewards and miles etc. Is it best to get a general travel card like the Sapphire Preferred, or find an airline we like and get a miles card - BA, Delta, United or others?

Basically I'm looking for a travel rewards card or an airlines miles card. My wife and I are finally financially stable/ahead enough to start going on bigger/international trips every year and I'd love to start gaining better miles and rewards than from my basic Chase freedom card. I also have a normal Chase Sapphire, previously had the Chase Sapphire preferred many years ago. Wish I would have done this a month ago because we just moved and spent all that money that comes with moving and buying new things but oh well. I know we're looking to go to Hawaii in October or November of this year, so ideally I'd like to get something going before all that booking takes place. Thanks thread!

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Iron Lung posted:

Basically I'm looking for a travel rewards card or an airlines miles card. My wife and I are finally financially stable/ahead enough to start going on bigger/international trips every year and I'd love to start gaining better miles and rewards than from my basic Chase freedom card. I also have a normal Chase Sapphire, previously had the Chase Sapphire preferred many years ago.

The recommendation has been the Chase Sapphire Reserve. It has a $450 annual fee, but redemption through the Ultimate Rewards portal can be lucrative and the $300 travel credit every year helps offset the annual fee. Also all the travel insurance coverage, and the Global Entry credit, make it worthwhile. I have the Freedom Unlimited and Freedom and my husband has the Reserve, and we pool our points in the Reserve account for maximum return. And you get 3x Ultimate Rewards points on any travel or restaurant spending you put on the card.

And don't upgrade from the Sapphire, apply for a new account and the current sign-up is 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points. It was 100,000 in the before time, in the long long ago (about 2 years ago), but no one expects that to come back.

If you are airline or hotel loyal you can look into those co-branded cards, but it sounds like you are a general traveler like myself. If points are what you are looking for, go for the Reserve. Cashback cards are a whole different conversation (Discover it, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, etc).

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Do the dining rewards for the Sapphire apply for restaurants abroad, as well?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Do the dining rewards for the Sapphire apply for restaurants abroad, as well?

Do you mean the 3x rewards return on purchases? As far as I know.
https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/01/15/chase-sapphire-reserve-dining-travel/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Yeah. IIRC there was some card that restricted rewards to US establishments only.