Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There is definitely a beard-war going on between Sunday and Weekday illustrators/colorists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

VictorianQueerLit posted:

This Iron Fist hasis Wolverine's healing factor, which explains the fast growing beard. SABRETOOTH?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
And on the news:"Why Spider-Man isn't an Avenger after the break."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Robbie absolutely knows Peter is Spider-Man

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Should't they also send a guy who will write words to explain the pictures?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's fine Robbie, I haven't slept in 40 years! Ha! Ha!

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Epicurius posted:

"Peter, I know you're probably tired, but on your way out, could you ask one of the staff photographers to come in here? I need somebody qualified to go to the hospital and see if he can get a picture of that masked guy."

If this takes place in 2018 I'm pretty sure the Bugle laid off their staff photographers years ago.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Jetfire posted:

If this takes place in 2018 I'm pretty sure the Bugle laid off their staff photographers years ago.

"Staff photographer" is what Jonah and Robbie call the intern with the iPhone. It makes the kid feel good, and he still takes better pictures than Peter.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Jetfire posted:

The Bugle's dateline says 2018 but everything else says 1970.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Control that eyebrow, Robbie!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
and now Panel 2 Rob joins our gallery of Unintentionally Sexy Panels

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"Unintentionally"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"adventur wuz vry gud. me, spider-man peeter saw man in mask and he hit me spider-man a whole lot. it hurt really bad."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In an age where everyone has a pocket camera, a big New York newspaper cannot find a better photographer than a guy who webs a camera into a wall and then blurs past it in uncontrolled angles while getting beaten by random villains.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Robbie is a very cool dude tbh, that eyebrow makes everyone swoon

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mulva posted:

"Unintentionally"

"I doubt Jonah'd like that"

"But Jonah's not here... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl"

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

This is everyone else's fault.

But mostly Robbie's eyebrows.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 1, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, so that's what this arc is about. iron fist fights kingpin while peter learns how to read.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I get the feeling Pete's story might look a bit like this...

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Elfface posted:

I get the feeling Pete's story might look a bit like this...

Hey now. Don't go insulting Peach like that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*klik*

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Considering that your left eye seems to be moving away from your face, "non-photogenic" is putting it lightly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

first panel looks like he was sitting in an ejector seat until about 2 seconds ago

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pete stop that hovering and get me that story!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ooh, not just a freelance newspaper photographer, but also a freelance newspaper journalist! petey's headed for the big time!

not big time the person. that would be weird.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

calm down peter, yikes

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Somebody shop in the toxic avenger's face over pete's in panel 2.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Robbie looking at Peter, wondering why he's doing budget Shakespeare in the park.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

look out, they're crashing into the SLAMM

I was confused about this at the time but now that I realize today's strip is actually a prequel strip I'm glad that NSM takes the time to fill out continuity like this.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 2, 2018

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hulkrides!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Peter's pose in the first panel is a beautiful gift :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Quick call doctor Banner and Spider-Man, he may need a transfusion. And a gator too, just in case.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

what is Iron Fist standing on. is he standing on the half inch of door moulding. is he standing on a skylight. is there a skylight above the ER in that hospital.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
My question is how can he keep his balance standing at a dutch angle in those slippers?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
If Robbie hasn't pieced it together after every other time Spider-Man showed up five minutes after Peter arrived in a city, why start worrying about it now?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The Iron Fist show is widely criticized, we have to show people he’s actually cool in a different medium. Newspaper Spider-Man is perfect!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Newspaper Iron Fist looks loving furious that the victim can't tell the Doctors who saved him and net IF some much needed PR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jerusalem posted:

Newspaper Iron Fist looks loving furious at his flesh colored beard