Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

I can't believe they doubled the size of the bomb cards and still couldn't find the room to tell you what the bomb does.

This. So loving this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

bunnyofdoom posted:

new Article

Only new things spoiled are Ion Cannon Turret and I guess Veteran Turret Gunner, that can only be installed in on ships with mobile firing arcs it seems.

We've known about both since the first demo games.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I can't believe they doubled the size of the bomb cards and still couldn't find the room to tell you what the bomb does.

This bugged me a lot until I realised that they needed to also include the actual picture of the bomb token to show which one to use.

But I'm sure they could have done it somehow, even so.

And nonetheless, it's a step not-forwards, rather than a step back, so I shrug and say welp and move on.

Rhjamiz posted:

Played my first game of X-wing via TTS yesterday, which was I assume 1.0. Had a lot of fun fielding 7 Black Squadron TIE Fighters. Almost won, too. Next time I want to try Phantoms or Interceptors. Interceptors are the coolest TIE.

I'm excited to hear that TIE swarms will be getting some love in 2.0. Sounds expensive to get into fresh tho.
Not pparticularly more so than 1e. The small ship pack costs have gone up a bit, but the large ship ones have gone down, and if you can scalp a ragequitter's old ships on ebay for cheap, the conversion kits will make it a breeze.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Rhjamiz posted:

Played my first game of X-wing via TTS yesterday, which was I assume 1.0. Had a lot of fun fielding 7 Black Squadron TIE Fighters. Almost won, too. Next time I want to try Phantoms or Interceptors. Interceptors are the coolest TIE.

I'm excited to hear that TIE swarms will be getting some love in 2.0. Sounds expensive to get into fresh tho.

Well you're in luck! There are probably already a bunch of people dumping their collections on ebay or facebook marketplace or whatever, and you can probably get some plastic real cheap, then just augment with the upgrade kit of your choice. ezpz

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
The core set comes with two TIEs, the conversion kit has cardboard for four ebay ones plus a fuckton of other stuff. Maybe six six fighters and a phantom works?

fake edit: TIE/e-b4y

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Full Rebel conversion kit on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ProTechModels/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1428450600589583

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Some notable pilots are not there, Tycho, Wes...

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Threepio can't guess zero any more, but he has a straight up buff to the calculate action(which he provides)

Leebo's ability is neat.

Lando always gives you something now.

Kanan's abiliy is definitely.. different. I suspect if you're not considered to be in your firing arc, it means he can only protect others now. Kanan crew does the same thing as before now, basically.

Hera crew is now limited- I think the idea is basically that abilities that let you stack stress tend to have a limit.

Lone Wolf is 1/turn now.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Ten Numb: spend a stress token (NOT 'gain') to convert eyeballs to either evades or hits? Fascinating.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

Ten Numb: spend a stress token (NOT 'gain') to convert eyeballs to either evades or hits? Fascinating.

Keyan! :argh:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

I can't believe they would just drop one of the greatest heroes of the rebellion like this.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

lazerus06 posted:

Some notable pilots are not there, Tycho, Wes...

Those are Rogue Squadron Pilots, so maybe we will see a those pilots in a pack? I’m assuming Wave 2 blisters will have new cards.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
IG88 with Juke :gary:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ghost with docked shuttle and Ezra crew can attack 3 times

Deadmeat
Jul 18, 2006

Raged posted:

Ghost with docked shuttle and Ezra crew can attack 3 times

It's been stated that a ship can only make one bonus attack per round.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m assuming Wave 2 blisters will have new cards.

That's annoying as I figured I wouldn't have to buy 2.0 re-issues to have a complete set of cards.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Also, just thinking about Han's new ability... he has to reroll ALL dice, not ANY dice. Interesting.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

Also, just thinking about Han's new ability... he has to reroll ALL dice, not ANY dice. Interesting.

Also interesting, it's any time he rolls dice. Bombs, asteroids, crew abilities like Lando...

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It looks like there is charge manipulation, but it's quite limited and some weapons cannot be refreshed.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Also interesting, it's any time he rolls dice. Bombs, asteroids, crew abilities like Lando...

That’s my kind of dirty

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Saturation Salvo is going to be really good. Like a mini pre-nerf Zuckuss.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That's quite a change to concussion missiles.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
It kinda fits the theme to me, and differentiates them from proton torpedoes, which I like.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Nice to see Shara Bey got Norra's ability instead of it going away

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Madurai posted:

That's quite a change to concussion missiles.

I think the idea is to make them useful on things like generic A-wings and Z-95s.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

That's annoying as I figured I wouldn't have to buy 2.0 re-issues to have a complete set of cards.

lol @ anyone who thinks they'll literally never publish anything new in future waves

They've said you won't have to buy new ships to get new content in Wave 2 and on. The assumption is card-only packs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

There's definitely a lot to like here, but Luke crew and the YT2400 are *really* concerning.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I can see a few things being a little concerning, but we have no clue on point cost yet, so I'm trying to stay positive (for once, about FFG even!).

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

thespaceinvader posted:

There's definitely a lot to like here, but Luke crew and the YT2400 are *really* concerning.

I was worried too but remember we don’t know point costs yet. Also, the benefit of how evade dice and evades work will hurt the larger ships. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of ways for ships to mitigate insane amounts of damage anymore. Lone wolf only works once a round, reinforce can only cancel down damage to a minimum of one, etc.

I know Dash or a Falcon was part of a two-ship list, but with how things are trending, two ship lists might be too weak to handle larger numbered lists.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

I kinda think the 2400 will lack a gunner slot

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Holy poo poo the tears on FB over Outrider :munch:

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

I was worried too but remember we don’t know point costs yet. Also, the benefit of how evade dice and evades work will hurt the larger ships.

Speaking of hurting larger ships, the bulls-eye arc abilities all trigger easier against large (and medium to some extent) bases.

And as it's already been stated, we don't know if the YT2400 has a Gunner slot, or even a Crew slot for that matter. Or if it does have a Gunner slot, it could be removed if Dash is too good.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The 2400 on its own is a monster.

If even the generic doesn't cost a minimum of 100 points I'd be really, really worried about it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Chewbacca's charge icon, and the Luke crew's force icon has a little triangle next to the number. Does that mean they regen those?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Chewbacca's charge icon, and the Luke crew's force icon has a little triangle next to the number. Does that mean they regen those?

Yep.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

thespaceinvader posted:

The 2400 on its own is a monster.

If even the generic doesn't cost a minimum of 100 points I'd be really, really worried about it.
I only understand half of what the title does and that's already pretty spectacular.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I wanna fly Chewie just because of his sub title

The Mighty

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
if the 2400 has a crew slot, creepio on leebo gonna be really good

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I like the E-Wing special rule, and I like that they have both boost and barrel roll natively. Also that Corran's ability is bullseye only, and that E-wings get an extra hull.

Man I'm pumped.

EDIT: and Gavin Darklighter replaces Etahn. Not exactly sorry for that name change.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Imgur link to the new cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

I only understand half of what the title does and that's already pretty spectacular.

The title is not the important part. The fuckign 4 die primary which has no donut hole is the important part.

If the old one is anything to go on, the unique HLC turret cost 42 at a bare minimum on a lovely generic, remove the donut hole and that probably goes way up.

Strobe posted:

I like the E-Wing special rule, and I like that they have both boost and barrel roll natively. Also that Corran's ability is bullseye only, and that E-wings get an extra hull.

Man I'm pumped.

EDIT: and Gavin Darklighter replaces Etahn. Not exactly sorry for that name change.

RIP Etahn Abaht, nobody loving knew ye.