Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

Whats the recommended arcade stick for PS4? That new SF arcade perfection collection has me all excited.

Theres lots of options. The high end ones are razer panthera and qanba obsidian. Mid range is a hori rap4. Anything cheaper than a hori msrp is trash though.

If you can wait until evo there will be big sales on all the above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Any chance the SF collection will support legacy sticks?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Any chance the SF collection will support legacy sticks?

It might in the future, it doesn't right now. Capcom dumb.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

So loving dumb

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

That new SF arcade perfection collection has me all excited.

'Arcade perfection' is not the name of the game with the new port, unfortunately. Every game has some issue, like everything running way too fast, intermittent lag spikes even offline for no good reason, moves connecting even on whiff, etc. It's a really bad port. And that's before getting into the incredibly broken netcode and lobby system.

https://twitter.com/mauvecow/status/1001457581301248002
(A thread)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Uy4NhkArA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I09DILIWgDc

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

This is honestly why i'm into it hahah. Been chuckling to myself over Elena, TV presenter extraordinaire, and her nonchalance toward taking human life.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

JBP posted:

It's on an E3 Sony conference running sheet a friend sent me and he isn't a crazy person. I'm taking it as confirmed. I need this. I need Vanquish 2.

Hang on everything on this is in perfect sensible order but it also says MGS3 Remake which I missed before due to having a loving meltdown. Please don't be fake :(

bluepoint are working on another remaster and meant to be revealed this e3, so maybe they got all the fox engine assets from konami? the positive thread vibes want me to believe your friend is legit. :)

if anything, its making me want to play vanquish next, i got the ps3 version recently with the 3d cover and the game looks awesome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vikar Jerome posted:

if anything, its making me want to play vanquish next, i got the ps3 version recently with the 3d cover and the game looks awesome.

If you check the PSN store, the DLC for the "preorder-exclusive" weapon pack is now up for free iirc. I know it is/was for the X360 version ages ago anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

'Arcade perfection' is not the name of the game with the new port, unfortunately. Every game has some issue, like everything running way too fast, intermittent lag spikes even offline for no good reason, moves connecting even on whiff, etc. It's a really bad port. And that's before getting into the incredibly broken netcode and lobby system.

https://twitter.com/mauvecow/status/1001457581301248002
(A thread)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Uy4NhkArA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I09DILIWgDc

The lobby poo poo is real bad but you can fix it to only have one game allowed in your lobby i think. The problem is default settings suck

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ugh. I bought a 30 dollar PS3 stick like six years ago and it was great but the fact it doesn’t work with stuff like the port of MvC3 despite being great with the original game is a pain in the balls.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

exquisite tea posted:

Recently my wife has mocked Lara Croft's orgasmic climbing grunts in the new Tomb Raider games and begged me to make the repetitive DUN dun, da DUN DA DUNNNNNNN music in Tales of Berseria stop. She has some mental illness issues so I had her play Hellblade to get her perspective. After about an hour she turns to me and says, "so she hears voices that tell her she sucks and that she's going to die. Big deal, I hear those all the time!"

Long story short my spouse is really awesome and has correct gaming opinions.

One of the many awesome things about Hellblade is that the voices aren't exclusively self-destructive. A few give you encouragement and it may even become more frequent as the game goes on. It's the auditory equivalent of Ashley's fistpump whenever you get a head shot in RE4 and it owns

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's a great youtube analysis by a guy who suffers from psychosis playing Hellblade and he notes that some of his voices being encouraging is one of the most destructive aspects of the illness, because over time you begin to rely on them more often, to trust their judgment, and obey what they command.

E: Don't click this video until after you've finished the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52flQkqj5gs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The voices are even a combat mechanic, if you're about to get offscreened one of them will warn you.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

exquisite tea posted:

There's a great youtube analysis by a guy who suffers from psychosis playing Hellblade and he notes that some of his voices being encouraging is one of the most destructive aspects of the illness, because over time you begin to rely on them more often, to trust their judgment, and obey what they command.

Thanks for this.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

'Finished' Yakuza 0 tonight. Main story finished and only 20% complete. :stare:

https://i.imgur.com/2s1uUdd.mp4

If you like RED HOT BLOODED MEN OF ACTION this game is 100% for you. Last few chapters were a goddamn rollercoaster of emotions, and the set pieces are just so loving good with how over the top they are.

Some of the fight scenes will have you absolutely staring in awe at the screen, while the over-the-top soundtrack thumps along in the background. I really enjoyed the fact that noone was off limits in terms of surviving the story, and there are a whole bunch of real gutpunch moments to get through. Really glad to be a newcomer to the series and to lead off with 0 without having played any of 1-6 and not having anything 'spoiled' by knowing who survives into the later games.
Can't say enough good things about it, and that's just the main storyline.
Add in all the sidestories, which are funny as gently caress, plus minigames and there is just wayyyyyyyy too much to see and do in one gameplay session.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone as a Must Have game for the PS4, and I'm really glad I picked up the console earlier in the year to be able to experience this game.
Just an absolute joy to play, and I'm nowhere near done with it which is even more mindboggling.

Forget who it was earlier in the thread that was put off by having a couple of really dumb fetch quests (And I agree they were dumb), but that's only a really small portion of the game as the rest was just really really really loving good. In that similar vein a lot of the time the game will have you going from A to B to progress the story, but that's mainly because there is so much going on between those points that you can easily get distracted by the sheer wealth of gameplay option s available to you.
That's honestly nitpicking though as the rest of the game is just an absolute pleasure to play.

Spoiler chat for the last few chapters
- Final fight was goddamn BRUTAL
- Awano fight where he punches the wall :stare:
- So. loving. Glad. Sagawa got his in the end.
- The chilled out piano remix of Pledge of Demon that plays during the 5th Kuze battle had me in full :allears: mode
- I was 100% convinced Tachibana was going to screw me over, but he ended up being Best Bro :qq:
- It never dawned on me that Makoto never even knew Majima's name, and that was super super sad when you realise it at the end
- Kiryu-chwaannn~~ :3:

This is all well and good, but my favorite part of Yakuza 0 by far was any time the camera did an abrupt zoom in on Kiryu's face and NANI?!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

enojy posted:

This is all well and good, but my favorite part of Yakuza 0 by far was any time the camera did an abrupt zoom in on Kiryu's face and NANI?!

https://i.imgur.com/LaGWjxz.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/UUMzjQB.mp4

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Infinitum posted:

If you like RED HOT BLOODED MEN OF ACTION this game is 100% for you. Last few chapters were a goddamn rollercoaster of emotions, and the set pieces are just so loving good with how over the top they are.

Some of the fight scenes will have you absolutely staring in awe at the screen, while the over-the-top soundtrack thumps along in the background. I really enjoyed the fact that noone was off limits in terms of surviving the story, and there are a whole bunch of real gutpunch moments to get through. Really glad to be a newcomer to the series and to lead off with 0 without having played any of 1-6 and not having anything 'spoiled' by knowing who survives into the later games.
Add in all the sidestories, which are funny as gently caress, plus minigames and there is just wayyyyyyyy too much to see and do in one gameplay session.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone as a Must Have game for the PS4, and I'm really glad I picked up the console earlier in the year to be able to experience this game.
Just an absolute joy to play, and I'm nowhere near done with it which is even more mindboggling.

Forget who it was earlier in the thread that was put off by having a couple of really dumb fetch quests (And I agree they were dumb), but that's only a really small portion of the game as the rest was just really really really loving good. In that similar vein a lot of the time the game will have you going from A to B to progress the story, but that's mainly because there is so much going on between those points that you can easily get distracted by the sheer wealth of gameplay option s available to you.
That's honestly nitpicking though as the rest of the game is just an absolute pleasure to play.

- The chilled out piano remix of Pledge of Demon that plays during the 5th Kuze battle had me in full :allears: mode
- I was 100% convinced Tachibana was going to screw me over, but he ended up being Best Bro :qq:
- It never dawned on me that Makoto never even knew Majima's name, and that was super super sad when you realise it at the end

This is all good poo poo. Be sure to pick up Kiwami if you haven’t already. It’s been on sale a lot recently. The 6 Collectors Edition has been as low as $46 with the baller whisky glasses. Kiwami 2 is in August! So much Yakuza to play.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

This is cool

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
As impressive as it is, Hellblade is buggy as hell and has massive scripting problems. I keep having trouble triggering progression and keep having to check online guides to make sure I'm not doing something wrong (I'm not)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Steve Yun posted:

As impressive as it is, Hellblade is buggy as hell and has massive scripting problems. I keep having trouble triggering progression and keep having to check online guides to make sure I'm not doing something wrong (I'm not)

I never experienced any on PS4 and bought it at release. I know there was one game-breaking bug at the time that was quickly patched.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
There's one part close to the end where she's crawling and is supposed to stand up and start running. Otherwise it's game over. I had to do that part seven times because she wouldn't actually stand up.

It's really unfortunate because I enjoyed the game otherwise. That part soured me on the experience though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Morby posted:

This is all good poo poo. Be sure to pick up Kiwami if you haven’t already. It’s been on sale a lot recently. The 6 Collectors Edition has been as low as $46 with the baller whisky glasses. Kiwami 2 is in August! So much Yakuza to play.

Had previously bought Kiwami when it was on sale for super cheap.
Really want to play the games in order now, so it'll be a long time before I get to 6

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Hellblade was a totally smooth experience for me. I thought its presentation was almost perfect

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It’s an Unreal 4 game, they seem to randomly go screwy on people. I had a few puzzle problems in Little Nightmares for basically the same reason.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never had a problem with the game but weird stuff about rune doors not opening properly is sometimes an issue for random people.

Here's something funny though: If you rapidly close and reopen the pause menu while Senua is performing an action like climbing a ladder or ducking under a beam, you can clip through terrain. Not only has this allowed people to get through bugged doors, but it has created a small community of Hellblade speedruns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7i44yKlbkU&t=88s

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I ran into a nasty bug in Hellblade that briefly soured me on it, but it still ended up as one of my favorites of last year and afaik they patched it within a week.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Looks like you and I both chose to finish up at the same time, got to Chapter 16 last night, and plan to burn through the rest tonight. How annoying are the last few boss fights? The combat has been perfectly serviceable but I get bored with the long boss fights. Been playing on normal and not finding it too much trouble except for the very first Kuze fight.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/1002331391789617152?s=21

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

[quote="Infinitum" post="484614785"]

https://twitter.com/AboveUp/status/978346399283732482

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gently caress yeah the yearly rear end creed is going to be at the yearly games show. my excitement knows no bounds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When is that pirate game coming out

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wanna play a pirate game real bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When is that pirate game coming out

Delayed to next year

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He used to be such a good boy...

edit: seriously though did his interest in making yakuza games result from hanging out with them irl? He sure looks the part now.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 1, 2018

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Wait what?? The man behind Yakuza is also responsible for F Zero GX? The best racing game ever made? Hell now i MUST play the Yakuza series....

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

the guy kicking the other guy off the cliff is a homage to 300 right?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Should I get Dark Souls remastered or is the fact that I’ve already played 2,3 and BloodBorne going to make me unimpressed?

I haven’t played any of 1.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rolo posted:

Should I get Dark Souls remastered or is the fact that I’ve already played 2,3 and BloodBorne going to make me unimpressed?

I haven’t played any of 1.

DS1's world design is the best in the series and possibly of all games. Worth playing for that alone IMO

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's a really good game. It might feel a little slow if you've already cleared Bloodborne and 3 but it's got such a great world and presence to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

1 is definitely worth playing. dont hide behind a shield, 2hand or dual wield