Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Super heroes are supposed to wear skintight suits

its tradition, not an art flaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Expect My Mom posted:

garou's hair makes his sex appeal less than zero

are you telling me you dont find vegeta sexy?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
nah some of the clothes he draws are cool like the half zip vest thing Genos was wearing before he fought elder centipede, or Sonic's various clothing choices. this just isn't the kind of comic that has regular clothes very often so we don't see them much.

the reason Fubuki's frilly dress was changed is probably because he hand-drew all the lacing and it would have taken way too long to do all that in the following scenes with her.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Dangerous Person posted:

I love both the ONE version and the Murata version

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

owl milk posted:

the reason Fubuki's frilly dress was changed is probably because he hand-drew all the lacing and it would have taken way too long to do all that in the following scenes with her.

The reason Fubuki's frilly dress was changed was because it made it look like she was going out for a night on the town or a date, and ONE didn't think it made sense for her to be wearing it just to hang around Saitama and co.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

bacon flaps posted:

are you telling me you dont find vegeta sexy?
how dare you assume this, vegeta is a hot dad

garou's hair becoming obvious demon horns and his one eye that looks like he popped a blood vessel are mood killers tho. put him in a BADMAN shirt tho and maybe I'll disagree

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Now I'm picturing Garou with a vegeta mustache that points up and to the sides like his hair.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Expect My Mom posted:

how dare you assume this, vegeta is a hot dad

garou's hair becoming obvious demon horns and his one eye that looks like he popped a blood vessel are mood killers tho. put him in a BADMAN shirt tho and maybe I'll disagree

it sounds like you've already put him in a BADMAN shirt in your mind

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

graham cracker posted:

Now I'm picturing Garou with a vegeta mustache that points up and to the sides like his hair.

Kinda sounds like young Heihachi.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It was kind of weird seeing that colorized image of Garou with red hair. I always pictured him with white/grey hair

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Slightly Absurd posted:

It was kind of weird seeing that colorized image of Garou with red hair. I always pictured him with white/grey hair

It's red cause he rubbed all his blood in it when fighting Genos. It's normally white, like Bang's.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm pretty sure it started white/gray and got bloody and red during one of his fights.

efb

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

ah, guess I missed that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

graham cracker posted:

Spring Mustache sues for copyright infringement.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Garou was hot af this chapter, but Orochi was far sexier.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Garou was hot af this chapter, but Orochi was far sexier.

Speaking of hot and sexy, Murata has been working hard again.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

JamMasterJim posted:

I'd imagine he did everything hard for the next 30 minutes or so after he was done drawing that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
So, uhh... wasn't it said earlier in the thread that the way he draws Fubuki is based on his wife?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SpacePig posted:

So, uhh... wasn't it said earlier in the thread that the way he draws Fubuki is based on his wife?

How the gently caress does he find time to draw then.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

logger posted:

Hopefully he has a heater in his studio during the winter.

Lol

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

VanSandman posted:

ONE had to explicitly withhold stuff from Murata at least once to get him to spend time with his family.

Murata is just a machine.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Nothing says a man can't draw and gently caress at the same time

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SpacePig posted:

VanSandman posted:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

VanSandman posted:

At least it explains why he draws so quickly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Yeah I think I posted it

JamMasterJim posted:

loving Murata can’t draw clothes yet again

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TheKingofSprings posted:

loving Murata can’t draw clothes yet again

I dunno man, I wish I couldn't draw clothes even 1/100th as good as Murata doesn't.

That's some serious talent for not drawing something.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There's also a gulf of difference between 'can't do' and 'doesn't want to do.'

I'm sure he could draw regular clothes absolutely perfectly if he put his mind to it, the man just likes titties and muscles more than realism and hell, same.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Murata has the courage to not draw clothes well, imo

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

Murata knows exactly what he's doing here, people need to stop dancing around the issue and just throw it out on the table

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Drawn a woman in her underwear in the shower with a curtain covering her?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If I had Murata's artistic abilities, I will say, I would not be drawing cool manga for mass consumption

he's so benevolent

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

shes outdoors on her balcony :coolspot:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

imagine getting paid big money to draw tons of sexy pics of an anime esper version your wife

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

imagine getting paid big money to draw tons of sexy pics of an anime esper version your wife

Gotta say, the whole wife angle sounds like an excuse so he doesn’t get kicked out for clearly lusting after a made up woman.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And More posted:

Gotta say, the whole wife angle sounds like an excuse so he doesn’t get kicked out for clearly lusting after a made up woman.

Just look at Oda and how he draws Nami.

Manga artists know only one way to flatter their wives.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Big money? A manga artist considers it a rousing success if they can do it without starving! I think Oda is the only one who makes the :homebrew: to claim that title

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

And More posted:

This is Japan we're talking about here.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like that Murata mostly keeps the cheesecake stuff out of the comic but I also respect that he gives zero fucks about what people may think of him drawing the boobs of besto garl oh yeah. He's not using sexy Fubuki to help the comic sell, he just wants to draw her with little to no clothing. He's an artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't believe that out of all the terrible tittymongering prevalent in manga and anime, people would choose to be up in arms about it in OPM, where it is tasteful and largely inoffensive