Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I thought the Sushi Striker demo was neat but there's enough other stuff I intend to play this summer that it doesn't have a place in my purchase priorities. Down the line that might be a buy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wildtortilla posted:

I was stone cold sober when I tried the demo and I had trouble moving the cursor to select sushis. I was not a fan but the game seems cool if only it controlled better. I didn't think to try the touch screen. I should give it another chance.

It was originally a 3DS only game so I think it was designed with touch screen controls first.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Wildtortilla posted:

I was stone cold sober when I tried the demo and I had trouble moving the cursor to select sushis. I was not a fan but the game seems cool if only it controlled better. I didn't think to try the touch screen. I should give it another chance.

Yeah, it was pretty obviously designed with touch controls in mind first, to the point that they're even the first things listed and what's talked about in the dialogue. I didn't try the touch screen myself either, but I can see it working pretty well with a more direct input like that.

Nep-Nep posted:

I thought the Sushi Striker demo was neat but there's enough other stuff I intend to play this summer that it doesn't have a place in my purchase priorities. Down the line that might be a buy though.

Yeah, that's sort of my problem, too. There's a lot coming out for PS4 and Switch in the coming months, and there's stuff that I still haven't finished, so I probably won't have time for it. But it's a cute game with a neat mechanic that's worth checking out if you've got nothing else coming up soon.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Maugrim posted:

Most of the reviews compare it to Don't Starve, which was a big inspiration for us, but it eschews some of those hardcore survival mechanics like sanity/hunger in favour of having an actual story. The narrative drives exploration so base-building isn't really a thing, it's more about foraging, crafting your way up the equipment tree and finding out what's going on in the world.

Caveat - the biggest complaint from reviewers has been the lack of autosave system, as you have to save manually at save points. It's also not the most forgiving game initially and most people die a lot while learning its ins and outs.

Wow I suck at the hard sell don't I

No, this is a great sell. A 'more narrative-driven Don't Starve without a hunger meter' sounds right up my alley. Going to give it a try for sure.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gimme trip reports when they're feasible.

Maugrim posted:

Most of the reviews compare it to Don't Starve, which was a big inspiration for us, but it eschews some of those hardcore survival mechanics like sanity/hunger in favour of having an actual story.

Any expectation of getting a physical release at some point? That's my threshold for buying games when I'm backlogged, and I feel my the backlog is growing instead of shrinking.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gee wiz I sure am excited to play Mario Tennis tomorrow

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Some weird moba getting a beta run this summer

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1002273701872717824

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
MOBAs are the worst ughhh

Edit: i mean yay, more switch stuff

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

THE loving MOON posted:

MOBAs are the worst ughhh

Edit: i mean yay, more switch stuff

I agree because I don't play them but they certainly pull in a huge player base.

Edit: And holy poo poo that one is popular. From Wiki:

"In July 2017, it was reported that the game had over 80 million daily active players and 200 million monthly active players. It is the world's most popular and highest grossing game, as well as the most downloaded app globally."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It made over a billion dollars last year because it's China's MOBA of choice.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Its actually a pretty good one. It plays pretty well on the phone.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Hammer Bro. posted:

Gimme trip reports when they're feasible.

Any expectation of getting a physical release at some point? That's my threshold for buying games when I'm backlogged, and I feel my the backlog is growing instead of shrinking.

No physical release I'm afraid. It's on Steam and Switch now and will be on PS4 and Xbone in a couple of months I'd guess. But all digital/app store.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Am I the only one having fun with pokemon quest? I know it's a stupid phone game but there doesn't seem to be a penalty for not paying other than having to play in short bursts.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Has anyone got overcooked for the switch? It says up to four players but I am switch co-op dumb, how can four people play wiht only two joycons?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
fwiw, Pokémon Picross was f2p and it was great, although I did end up throwing like 5 bucks at it by the end.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Knifegrab posted:

Has anyone got overcooked for the switch? It says up to four players but I am switch co-op dumb, how can four people play wiht only two joycons?

By buying another pair of joycon

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh my goodness! That game looks gorgeous and adorable. :swoon: I am leery about the brief bit they showed for the cooking... looked like a rhythm based thing. I cannot do rhythm anything. I hope it's forgiving because everything else about it looks extremely my jam.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

You can't play 4 person co-op with two controllers, sorry.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
If you haven't played West of Loathing, do not miss it. Don't be put off by the art style, it's hilarious and my thirdish favorite game from last year.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Artic Puma posted:

Am I the only one having fun with pokemon quest? I know it's a stupid phone game but there doesn't seem to be a penalty for not paying other than having to play in short bursts.

I'm starting to get tired of it. Grinding isn't very fun, and I can see why people would want to spend the money to make it go by quicker by getting more battery charge and more cooking pots. Having only a single cooking pot really slows down progress.

Also sometimes boss fights will separate your team and the fights will all happen off screen so you have no idea what's going on. I've had a few problems with the AI not responding properly when the fight separates too far and your pokemon will just stand there.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Since people were wondering about it over the last week: FIFA 19 Switch confirmed. No other concrete details, except that it'll still be using the custom engine from last year instead of the Frostbite codebase the other platforms use.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Longshot: Do bluetooth headphones work with the Switch? Would be awesome if the AirPods worked with it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Housh posted:

Longshot: Do bluetooth headphones work with the Switch? Would be awesome if the AirPods worked with it.

You have to get a receiver

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

You have to get a receiver
Ew. I'll just keep a pair of corded buds in my case.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Manky posted:

As a matter of fact, I lightly taped a microfiber cloth to the front of my dock for this. It doesn't magically clean my screen or anything but certainly makes it cosier and eliminates one potential scratch factor

It seems like attaching cloth to the dock would trap dust/debris and create scratches, whereas the dock as it comes has guides inside it that make it so it can't even contact the screen.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The dock scratches aren't even an issue if you have a glass screen protector, which you should you filthy animals

Its not even about protecting the screen for me (I don't have kids ahahaha). The stock plastic screen feels insanely gross, like the cheap sticky feeling screens you can expect to find in budget cricket/MetroPCS android phones

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I opened my Switch up and removed the screen from the console to make sure nothing ever happens to it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Were the inside components glossy or matte? Asking for a friend

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Artic Puma posted:

It’s basically a reskinned Summoners War and that’s ok. The grind could be a little faster or varied but as a slow play in the morning / lunch / dinner it’s ok to auto through the fodder then control for bosses.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

KingSlime posted:

The stock plastic screen feels insanely gross, like the cheap sticky feeling screens you can expect to find in budget cricket/MetroPCS android phones

why are you feeling it???

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just Shapes & Beats came out today if anyone cares. I've been playing it for a bit and it's been a good time.

https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1002306200019456000

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Artic Puma posted:

Instead of playing Hyrule Warriors last night before bed I played about 45 minutes of it. It's pretty fun but yeah it's too bad there's a battery meter. Thankfully it's not that annoying to deal with and it seems like the game kinda throws PM tickets at you like candy.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1002304273366110208
Grain of salt as usual.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It seems like attaching cloth to the dock would trap dust/debris and create scratches, whereas the dock as it comes has guides inside it that make it so it can't even contact the screen.

I don't have a lot of loose debris in my home but dust is eternally the great enemy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FPzero posted:

Instead of playing Hyrule Warriors last night before bed I played about 45 minutes of it. It's pretty fun but yeah it's too bad there's a battery meter. Thankfully it's not that annoying to deal with and it seems like the game kinda throws PM tickets at you like candy.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1002304273366110208
Grain of salt as usual.

I'm saying it's real since DBZFighter and Fortnite have been rumored since the beginning of time. What the gently caress is Killer Queen Black.

edit: oh it;s Killer Queen, that arcade game, interesting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That leak is boring and safe enough that I’ll say it’s fake. Fortnite is 100% coming though. I’m not as sure for DBFZ but I hope it comes.

Speaking of fighting games, this is $10 off at Newegg with a code:
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1002247504107204609?s=21

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

That leak is boring and safe enough that I’ll say it’s fake.

Yeah, Nintendo always has at least one out-of-nowhere surprise

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

can't believe they're announcing the Super Switch already

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Mother 3...Rammers

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As you might expect, that leak comes from a guy on 4chan who got it from a friend who makes showroom displays. The Overcooked logo is just moving around stuff from the first game's logo and the FIFA 19 logo uses the wrong 9 number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

As you might expect, that leak comes from a guy on 4chan who got it from a friend who makes showroom displays. The Overcooked logo is just moving around stuff from the first game's logo and the FIFA 19 logo uses the wrong 9 number.

lol in the same tweet the guy changes his opinion and says "uh actually might be real"

The FIFA number thing is moot though because fifa 7 did not use the same number font either iirc

• Locked thread