Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

lol they didn't write anything, they only sold it.
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So how is the new flight model different from the new one?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Eldragon posted:

Didn't CIG cut those features like 3 years ago?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks Shitizen

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Moving to concern...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1002242365028003842

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

they'll add him as an NPC in a trailer park on a desert planet and he'll buy all your vendor trash loot for 5000% the normal rate

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Is Montoya trolling Miku there? Or is he serious? Hard to tell sometimes.

In other news, getting your head scanned and put in game as an NPC is nothing special apparently. (and i wish CIG would do that, it would become the most shot at NPC in game i suspect).

In yet other news, scientists have discovered that if Miku was any more up his own rear end, he would spontaneously turn into a black hole.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Didn't they already do that for some backers? I swear that was a thing...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/DavidAlloggia/status/1002242637645205505

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Thoatse posted:

Flight model stuff is about the only thing I care(d) about since everything else is such ridiculous bullshit and a mute point so long as the flight model of a 'sim' is garbage. Since 2014, this has obviously a feature to harvest fps whalemilk and not a bug raining on the sim crowd's parade. I'm curious though now, what's changed that would make you shift your opinion?

Decouple is mediocre, but ICFS changes are all over the place. I don't know if it's the different ship thruster amounts that they're playing around with or note, but I've got strafe on Y and Z on my stick and icfs overcompensates wildly.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

They should sell a $50k "Mikku" pillow to adorn your wankpod.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Decouple is mediocre, but ICFS changes are all over the place. I don't know if it's the different ship thruster amounts that they're playing around with or note, but I've got strafe on Y and Z on my stick and icfs overcompensates wildly.

You should get a refun- ... Oh wait

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Didn't they already do that for some backers? I swear that was a thing...

They do for some backers who visit the offices.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hah, the pay to win discussions have some nice mental gymnastics

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8nkq30/star_citizen_lti_whales_and_pay_2_win_or_pay_2/dzw8i7z/

quote:

Fast forward one year into the game. The only way to tell the backers from the new players will be any small perks from the packages. Otherwise my Pioneer one year on will be the same as one bought in game, except for the perks.

People stress way to much about p2w

Sure, sure.... after 1 fricking year you dumbass. There is a whole year where others will be grinding away to get the credits for that ship (assuming its possible to get in 1 year) while the person who bought it is swanning around in theirs, upgrading it, and in theory having fun (the fun element however is probably still in the pipeline).

And i can imagine the cries of whales if people can get the big ships within a few months. When everyone and their dog are flying top tier ships within months, the whales won't be happy with that, i'm pretty sure. But if those big ships do take a long time to get to, then you can be drat well sure the forums will be full of people saying it was P2W and that the game is a terrible grind.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

lol, after this crashes and burns and all the money is gone this idiot is going to thank cr for the honor of letting him give his money to cig.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Not that it will ever get to that point but the entire how long it takes to get a ship in game discussion is going to top tier hilarity. It's going to be impossible for CIG to not make either the whales or the space poors super loving angry.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8nkq30/star_citizen_lti_whales_and_pay_2_win_or_pay_2/dzw8i7z/

Sure, sure.... after 1 fricking year you dumbass. There is a whole year where others will be grinding away to get the credits for that ship (assuming its possible to get in 1 year) while the person who bought it is swanning around in theirs, upgrading it, and in theory having fun (the fun element however is probably still in the pipeline).

And i can imagine the cries of whales if people can get the big ships within a few months. When everyone and their dog are flying top tier ships within months, the whales won't be happy with that, i'm pretty sure. But if those big ships do take a long time to get to, then you can be drat well sure the forums will be full of people saying it was P2W and that the game is a terrible grind.

Luckily chris is way ahead of the curve on this problem and already has the solution

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

lmao

TheCoach posted:

Moving to concern...

:vince:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Not that it will ever get to that point but the entire how long it takes to get a ship in game discussion is going to top tier hilarity. It's going to be impossible for CIG to not make either the whales or the space poors super loving angry.

reddit is still theorycrafting that the $1=1000 UEC conversion rate is going to carry on through launch. Which means Agony Aunt's Pioneer is going to cost at least 850,000 UEC.

Missions are currently paying out like 3k UEC at best.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

The rationalizations on the Pay to Win argument are always a joy to see.

It's where the delusion gets a little more transparent than normal. The game is pay to win, full stop. There is no arguing this point and no matter how creative you try to get with your mental gymnastics this will never be wrong. However, this is a negative for the dream and we all know that is impossible so therefore it has to be wrong. It is wrong. The only acceptable conclusion is that there is no negative for the dream.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

This is legit my favorite part about Star Citizen... the meltdowns on this particular issue alone are going to be loving spectacular no matter what :allears:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

And we’ve got at least two more years of this if they are solvent.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

VictorianQueerLit posted:

The rationalizations on the Pay to Win argument are always a joy to see.

It's where the delusion gets a little more transparent than normal. The game is pay to win, full stop. There is no arguing this point and no matter how creative you try to get with your mental gymnastics this will never be wrong. However, this is a negative for the dream and we all know that is impossible so therefore it has to be wrong. It is wrong. The only acceptable conclusion is that there is no negative for the dream.

You have to define winning. Some people enjoy being flogged, i like a nice cup of tea and a sit down.

Context is always very important.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

So does that mean there's no winning in EVE either since there is no end game? Citizens' mental gymnastics are the best gift we have ever been given. And they pay us to provide us with it!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

One reason CIG can’t and won’t capitalize on Org level ship packs is that they literally don’t have the mechanism for it.
You haven't been paying attention.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SoftNum posted:

So does that mean there's no winning in EVE either since there is no end game? Citizens' mental gymnastics are the best gift we have ever been given. And they pay us to provide us with it!

The only winning move in eve is spinning.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

You haven't been paying attention.

Did I miss them adding in guild ownership mechanics or something?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

When you buy the base game you get a starter ship. The alternative to having a starter ship is to EVA from orbital to planet. Obviously this is ridiculous, which is WHY they give everyone a starter ship.

If you are happy flying around in the starter ship (which I am sure is bug-free, stable, and easily controllable) then fair play.

Aside from purchasing a ground vehicle for cash, how do you obtain one in game? The alternative of walking to your destination is equally ridiculous as EVAing your way through space.

Unless they provide everyone a ground vehicle (starter bike), the game is undeniably pay to win.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nicholas posted:

sandi plays a "youthful and beautiful aspiring actress trapped in fading marriage"

bonus: spelling the name of your biggest star incorrectly

Whew! She must be super busy being the VP of Marketing for a company and being an actress! I know my VP of marketing is on the phone constantly, setting up groups, helping people build out sales decks, answering endless questions, and preparing for new campaigns. Not to mention the endless amount of reports they both receive and generate is tremendous. They usually work all hours of the day and many weekends and most "vacations" are just "working at a different location".

She should write a book about how she manages al this stuff. Maybe call it "International Marketing" or something.

Also as an aside, in that cast picture she looks anything but youthful or beautiful, but that is just like, my opinion man. :chloe:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

The Titanic posted:

Also as an aside, in that cast picture she looks anything but youthful or beautiful, but that is just like, my opinion man. :chloe:

It's the Movie Poster of Dorian Gray.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Nicholas posted:

sandi plays a "youthful and beautiful aspiring actress trapped in fading marriage"

bonus: spelling the name of your biggest star incorrectly

It's like she wrote her own movie character bio lol

Or Chris forced the producer to do as she says, since he probably threw a few million CIG $ at them

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Clifford didn't buy that new 27k package.
Montoya is just trying to generate hype on his forums.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

It also says a lot that a backer readily admits that the only way to save the project is to take it out of CIG's hands entirely. He's not wrong.

I'm still of a mindset that there is a possibility that in the end times, CR will have nobody left but his key people and just farm development off to a Korean or Chinese studio. You'll get a Star Citizen, and it'll be a complete game. It'll just be junk (albeit will probably reuse a lot of the assets).

Speaking of assets though, outside of space ships is there a lot of level building stuff?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I was going to add "I hope he loses every penny" but then realized he has.

Then I was going to say "I can't wait to see the look on his face when he realizes he lost every penny" but then realized the look on his face won't change.

He'll shrug and throw money into the next scam while bragging that he's doing it.

To that end, does anyone have his contact info? I have a really great idea for ... something ... I just need some free money to steal get it off the ground.

He's the exact kind of guy where you would hope to see him upset, but he won't be. So don't expect to see him break down or curse CR or anything of the sort.

Outside of the whole Miku thing the guy seems to be fairly nice, albeit with a very distressed amount of concern that everybody knows how much he is spending and has spent.

As spending money for him is the game, he's doing a good job winning it. Since spending money is the only game CIG offers, he's playing it perfectly. It's really a match made in heaven. :3:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Blue On Blue posted:

It's like she wrote her own movie character bio lol

Or Chris forced the producer to do as she says, since he probably threw a few million CIG $ at them

That's enough of these allegations, goonie.

It's not like 90% of her IMDB credits started rolling in after her husband received $200,000,000 from desperate nerds for a space fantasy.

It's kinda funny, due to scamming idiots she has enough money to live a lot of people's dream in Hollywood buying her way into acting but she is so terrible she is forever stuck at the level of movie that will sell you a role. Coming this Summer: Creepy Carwash Six.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 1, 2018

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

no_recall posted:

The main difference is that its a FIRST PERSON GAME. In EVE its pretty simple to click in some commands and do things, also you can zoom the camera all the way out and look at the battle when TD kicks in. When you're playing with friends in ED for example, Wing PVP normally descends into some jousting between ships after awhile, because of the level of actual skill required to pilot the ships. At best you get a group of 2 wings (10 pilots) drop into some Hot PVP action, focus fire and everyone high-wakes (jumps out) and the fight is over before it even started.

And the PVP community in Elite is frankly so small that after awhile it got boring seeing the same two dozen commanders. After a point no one even bothered to to interdict each other. The major problem with PVP in Elite is there really isn't much to actually fight over. Nothing has a dramatic impact on the game world. It's not like you can attack a station and take it over for your faction and the output of that station, or taxes collected, etc. make something for the organization. Really that's the major problem with Elite as a whole.

It was why I backed Star Citizen initially over Elite as that was what the MMO portion of the game was supposed to offer was some kind of objectives that guilds could fight over such as factories. Now when it came time to try and spell out how that was going to work with instancing we were told we were concern trolls or something instead of getting answers.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Eldragon posted:

Didn't CIG cut those features like 3 years ago?

But did they stop selling the private server manual?

I tried to check but their webpage is 502'ing on me. :shrug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Golli posted:

They should sell a $50k "Mikku" pillow to adorn your wankpod.

Hang on. Does Shutterstock have "cum stains" in their repertoire? Because otherwise it probably won't happen. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Beet Wagon posted:

Did I miss them adding in guild ownership mechanics or something?

I think thatguy's point is that, for Chris Roberts, the existence or nonexistence of a thing has no bearing on whether he will sell it.