Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

xzzy posted:

Someone please send help to this man, everywhere he goes the earth starts glowing red hot.

https://www.instagram.com/grantplace/

The sad part is that he's got some decent ideas with composition (a few a bit generic, but others I genuinely like). But that editing... yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Color grading is my passion!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

The cpu5555 redditor saga reminds me of the scene from "Disaster Artist" where against the advice of the pros, Tommy Wiseau wants to buy film equipment rather than rent it.

Pro: Alright, fine, whatever. Film or digital?
Tommy Wiseau: Both.

A gem of a movie about another gem of a movie if you haven't seen either.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 22, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Watch both at the same time, it’s how Tommy would want it.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Watch both at the same time, it’s how Tommy would want it.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

theHUNGERian posted:

The cpu5555 redditor saga reminds me of the scene from "Disaster Artist" where against the advice of the pros, Tommy Wiseau wants to buy film equipment rather than rent it.

Pro: Alright, fine, whatever. Film or digital?
Tommy Wiseau: Both.

A gem of a movie about another gem of a movie if you haven't seen either.

I think this is my favorite trivia from The Room, he wasn't sure if film would be obsolete by the time they finished production, so he had the crew shoot on film and digital simultaneously. Incredible.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Let's ignore the politics and concentrate on the photograph.

I feel that the photographer has just given up on his art and is deliberately halfassing it. When you can't you can't be bothered to even level an image, you've given up.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

why is the desk cut off, too? take a step back for christ's sake

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Also there’s a big, orange blob in the middle.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ansel autisms posted:

why is the desk cut off, too? take a step back for christ's sake

Trump demands his photographer use the bigliest lens possible. The photographer was fully zoomed out and standing against the wall outside the doorway when the picture was taken.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best part is there are literally a million pictures of this composition out there going back decades, so loving it up can only be attributed to willful ignorance.

Someone got in good with the president, landed a job in the whitehouse, got the security clearance to be in the oval office, and made the conscious decision that publishing snapshots a beginner would take the first time they unboxed their DSLR is good enough.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I'd like to remind you that this is the administration that does poo poo like hiring every member of it's own family as advisers. Nothing matters anymore.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

rio
Mar 20, 2008

spog posted:

Let's ignore the politics and concentrate on the photograph.

I feel that the photographer has just given up on his art and is deliberately halfassing it. When you can't you can't be bothered to even level an image, you've given up.

They haven’t given up, they’ve been complete poo poo from the start.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Yeah, I want the gig purely just to put in the bare minimum effort and have fun with it. I think you can apply at the White House website too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

xzzy posted:

The best part is there are literally a million pictures of this composition out there going back decades, so loving it up can only be attributed to willful ignorance.

Someone got in good with the president, landed a job in the whitehouse, got the security clearance to be in the oval office, and made the conscious decision that publishing snapshots a beginner would take the first time they unboxed their DSLR is good enough.

You got me curious as to whether this were the case and it turns out that they Whitehouse : does have a legit photographer

quote:

The new administration does have an official photographer in Shealah Craighead, who was hired in late January. She was the personal photographer for first lady Laura Bush, as well as the photo editor for Vice President Dick Cheney. So far very few of her photos have been published. The majority exist in one 50-image gallery on the president’s official Facebook page or are scattered around Instagram. A few others seem to show up in the graphics created for the official @POTUS Twitter account. Wherever they can be found, the pictures we see appear to show Craighead has little in the way of special access to Trump.

However:

quote:

Instead of leveraging the White House photographer, Trump’s team has published large numbers of photos taken by phone-wielding staffers. We often see the same pic collages, thumbs-up photo ops, and phone conversation photos. This is in keeping with Trump’s campaign. Trump kept the campaign press pool on a different plane, so the only behind-the-scenes looks we got of him were informal, often taken casually and at a distance. The photos were typically blurry, underexposed, and poorly composed. The campaign appeared to prioritize graphics, screenshots of tweets, and videos over high-quality photography.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
When’s he gonna get an official lomographer?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

You 100% know that the first day she was on duty he tried to snatch the camera away as a power move and then made a comment about smartphone cameras when he couldn't take it

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Who'd want to take the time to take good pictures of Trump

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Probably that one political cartoonist who’s horny for him.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

http://ekeler.com/game-boy-camera-canon-ef-mount/

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This owns and is absolutely in the wrong thread

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I thought this thread was for bad photographers?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Well it is now that you’re here. Boom!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guess it's the hot new retro tend because someone did a few shots with a game boy at an F1 race earlier this year.

Off to eBay to get ahead of it.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rio posted:

I thought this thread was for bad photographers?

best photographers. read the title.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Pfft, Neil Young (and his kid) was doing it in 2000.

:colbert:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Game boy cameras rule and always will

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
that thing is Internet grifter thread content but this one got archived.

tr: must shoot pro quality photos daily, willing to put up with little sleep, lots of driving, be a nice guy, also move some poo poo around.
You must get in touch and then fill an application. You don't get poo poo, or it isn't mentioned.
It's a 3 week gig.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

$3 / image, what a bargain!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

InternetJunky posted:

Please don't advertise your business ITT!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is changing the aspect with the transform tool part of the base package? Or do I have to pay extra.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

President Beep posted:

Please don't advertise your business ITT!
It's actually one of my fears to open up this thread and see someone posting a link to my business.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

InternetJunky posted:

It's actually one of my fears to open up this thread and see someone posting a link to my business.

Lol. Same, only it’s to one of my flickr uploads.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

InternetJunky posted:

I don't get photographers that charge so little. A guy near me charges a flat rate of $100 for up to 3 hours of shooting.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

xzzy posted:

Is changing the aspect with the transform tool part of the base package? Or do I have to pay extra.

It's called a non-invasive watermark and it's genius!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
The wildlife and landscape photos on his site are pretty good. Not 'I want a print of that on my wall' good, but they'd not get bagged on if he posted them here. His understanding of commas and sentence structure though is somewhere south of his understanding of aspect ratios.

quote:

Hello my name is Alan Bromley, I was born in Paisley, Scotland in 1965 my family immigrated to Calgary, Alberta. Canada when I was very young. I love spending time in the great outdoors pursuing my passion as a wildlife photographer.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

https://www.alberta.canada

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Thom12255 posted:

I don't get photographers that charge so little. A guy near me charges a flat rate of $100 for up to 3 hours of shooting.

People starting out at pro level often have no idea how to price their work but that's gonna be the case if you are an arts person that has never touched a business class before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
That, and the cultural taboo against talking about money with actual numbers.

:v:"So, about how much do you charge for a day-long product shot?"
:)"Oh, I charge the going rate, pretty close to the average. I think it's fair and my clients do, too"
:v:"OK, but how much is that?"
:)"It depends. Sometimes it's more, because, you know, I have to hire an assistant, or they have a really tight deadline"
:v:"OK, but how much? Like, dollars?"
:)"It can seem like a lot, at first, yeah"
:v:"$10? $100? $1000... stop me when I get close"
:)"$10? What? No. More than that."

:suicide: