Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's is not what your family meant when they said you needed to get your head scanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I think thatguy's point is that, for Chris Roberts, the existence or nonexistence of a thing has no bearing on whether he will sell it.

Oh yeah right on that makes sense. I was a little lost there for a minute.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It's kinda funny, due to scamming idiots she has enough money to live a lot of people's dream in Hollywood buying her way into acting but she is so terrible she is forever stuck at the level of movie that will sell you a role. Coming this Summer: Creepy Carwash Six.

And even then she winds up playing woman on the cutting room floor.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eh it loads for me fine on my work computer.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hopefully IMDB is not doxing.... but according to it one of the producers is the same guy from American Satan

So he is probably REALLY hoping this does a bit better than that total failure

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Hang on. Does Shutterstock have "cum stains" in their repertoire? Because otherwise it probably won't happen. :(

I would imagine finding a picture of cum stains on the internet isn't an insurmountable problem.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blue On Blue posted:

Hopefully IMDB is not doxing.... but according to it one of the producers is the same guy from American Satan

So he is probably going to cut her appearance again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

also you know very well imdb is doxing because that's how Derek Smart does it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does chris do backers still have to pay if she gets cut out?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Awesome! posted:

That's Chris' master plan for SQ42 part 2.

Backers have to pay until she gets cut.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Reminder that Eric Roberts will take literally any acting job offered to him, so his presence doesn't actually mean she's going to be in a real movie for once.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Awesome! posted:

do backers still have to pay?

always

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I have a long layover in LAX on Saturday if anybody wants to talk poo poo about Star Citizen for 8 hours (or less) PM me. I also need to know which bar has the widest selection in or around the airport.

ARGcast will resume sometime soon.

edit: Enabled private messages now :sweatdrop:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 1, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Awesome! posted:

I would assume the checks already cleared. The guy was just making video shorts up until he started casting Sandi in the feature length productions he is able to regularly make all of a sudden.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

I have a long layover in LAX on Saturday if anybody wants to talk poo poo about Star Citizen for 8 hours (or less) PM me. I also need to know which bar has the widest selection in or around the airport.

ARGcast will resume sometime soon.

I live near the Airport.

Check out BrewPort in El Segundo.

40+ taps and good food.

As for inside the Airport Rock n Brews is ok? I dunno I hate this Airport ( I work here) soooo.

Biggest issue is going to be which terminal you have your layover in. They aren't all connected sooooo you'd have to go out through security and if you are going to do that you might as well get the gently caress out of the airport. Issue with that is the Uber surcharge they tack on so yeah.

You can just PM if you want more information.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 1, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Blue On Blue posted:

So he is probably REALLY hoping this does a bit better than that total failure

Thanks, friend, my pants weren't going to piss themselves.

I am way older than Sandi and no oil painting, but I would be humiliated to have a photo of my 40-something self tagged as "youthful and beautiful." Sandi can certainly do "chic and striking" when she works at it, but "youthful" not so much.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Could someone explain to me why Crytek hiring Skadden is really bad news for CIG? I know they're a big-name law firm, but I feel like I need context for how hosed CIG is.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Blarghalt posted:

Could someone explain to me why Crytek hiring Skadden is really bad news for CIG? I know they're a big-name law firm, but I feel like I need context for how hosed CIG is.
Someone could but he got banned a while ago.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the line at the time was that skadden is a big bad international law firm so they wouldnt have taken the case if there wasnt meat on the bone

in 10 years maybe we will know if that was true or not

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Blarghalt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hhAH4mlQk&t=22s

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
this is just a shout out to all the goons that ate this poo poo up for like a year and probated anyone saying its impossible nonsense

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tortolia posted:

Reminder that Eric Roberts will take literally any acting job offered to him, so his presence doesn't actually mean she's going to be in a real movie for once.

if anyone hovers over this link and sees the title but doesn't click it... it doesn't say what you think it does. the actual title of the article is:

Eric Roberts stands by every one of the 74 movies he did LAST YEAR

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Agony Aunt posted:

And i can imagine the cries of whales if people can get the big ships within a few months. When everyone and their dog are flying top tier ships within months, the whales won't be happy with that, i'm pretty sure. But if those big ships do take a long time to get to, then you can be drat well sure the forums will be full of people saying it was P2W and that the game is a terrible grind.

This is something I always like to see brought up every so often. Only because for CIG it's a no-win scenario.

There is not a world that exists where people who spent $$$ will feel justified by the amount of time it takes a normal scrub to earn their purchase in game, and similarly there is no way anybody who didn't spend money will feel the amount of time needed to grind will justify them not being able to properly enjoy the game because they didn't shell out $$$.

CIG is steering, and continues to steer, far far away from these situations.

In fact, in the scenarios that have so far been released (correct me if I'm wrong), but the amount of money you get for a basic mission is far less than it seems worth it to even do that mission. That kind of leads me to believe that CIG has still put zero thought into the overall economy of the game. Despite claims like 5 years ago where they had a whole universe simulation running on some server where they were seeing how their economy ran for all their near human AI merchants.

If CIG can struggle so far as to actually put a price tag on peoples purchases (thereby killing their primary source of income also), there will be upheavals of amazing proportions. Both by long time backers, as well as all the silent majority who bought in for a starter pack.

A lot of the starter pack people are likely expecting something like Privateer, where you are stuck in the starter ship only for a little while, then can upgrade.

Meanwhile all the hardcore, LTI mongrels spending $$$ are envisioning a game where people permanently lose their ships if they are stupid (they are of course not stupid, and all the starter pack losers are stupid), and will inevitably lose to their amazing skills as Han Solo and become turret gunners aboard their ship for peanuts as they earn the right to walk amongst the rich and justified.

These two groups simply will not coexist peacefully because this is not how CIG has this far presented how their game will function. CIG has created a time-bomb for themselves joyfully, all in the name of making money hand over fist.

Of course if the game never comes out, none of this will ever materialize anyway so who cares. :shrug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

I would imagine finding a picture of cum stains on the internet isn't an insurmountable problem.

Yeah but they have to be like 4K x 4K cum stains. You can't just get some random photo off the internet of semen and slap it in your game and even pretend it's good enough and has sufficient fidelity.

And you know the next step is actually getting like 7 3D and shader guys to start building out your procedural cum technology.

And once you're at the Chris Roberts level, you need to keep track of how many sperm are in a strand and how much argon has been displaced by the sloshing of it through the air and then its effect on your visor when it hits you in the face. Does a thick wad blur your vision more or less than a thin wad? How many flexes does it take to eject a correctly proportioned level?

And then you have to be prepared to answer "yes, of course" when people ask you "but can I fill my sink in my spaceship barhroom with the liquid? How about my hot tub?" And then once you get those questions you need to be able to pull a Roberts and up the ante, by adding in that you can also get alien wildlife pregnant either on purpose or accidentally and these creatures will have babies who look slightly like your unique character. And yes, of course you can capture them and raise them to be NPCs but their stats won't be as good as a normal human, haha you silly goose. *waves hands frantically, fingers through "ok" sign on other hand while winking knowingly*

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 1, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

each sperm is composed of 256,000 vertices

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Blarghalt posted:

They way it was explained is Skadden hate losing and generally don't take cases where there's a chance of that happening.

No idea if that's actually true or not. I thought lawyers just liked getting paid.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol CIG's new jpeg is out. Hope U Like Looking At Panels, 42d Edition:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

also, RE: "ship grind theorycrafting" the geniuses at reddit cooked this thread up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8ngxo8/speculation_on_ship_ingame_uec_prices_version_2/

I'm trying to follow their logic here, but it looks like they're assuming

A) $1 = 1000 UEC will still hold true
B) Ships will increase in price about threefold by launch
C) You will still be able to earn a Constellation in about 60 hours of playtime (per some loving thing Chris said three years ago)
D) Cameron Wilkie's speculation that the Polaris will be 20-30 million UEC was wrong

There's a bunch of flaws in this model, including assuming CIG's final "in-game" pricing model is going to be tied to reality in any way, so we might as well be throwing chicken bones around and trying to read them, but if we take those numbers at face value that means an Idris is going to cost you around 600 hours of play time lol. That's more than double the time I've put into MWO even when I used to play it every day and occasionally leave it running overnight by accident.

That might even be more than my total time put into WoW honestly.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is this when we dump our deep game time shames?

my path of exile hours are easily triple digits by now.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

The Titanic posted:

Yeah but they have to be like 4K x 4K cum stains. You can't just get some random photo off the internet of semen and slap it in your game and even pretend it's good enough and has sufficient fidelity.

And you know the next step is actually getting like 7 3D and shader guys to start building out your procedural cum technology.

And once you're at the Chris Roberts level, you need to keep track of how many sperm are in a strand and how much argon has been displaced by the sloshing of it through the air and then its effect on your visor when it hits you in the face. Does a thick wad blur your vision more or less than a thin wad? How many flexes does it take to eject a correctly proportioned level?

And then you have to be prepared to answer "yes, of course" when people ask you "but can I fill my sink in my spaceship barhroom with the liquid? How about my hot tub?" And then once you get those questions you need to be able to pull a Roberts and up the ante, by adding in that you can also get alien wildlife pregnant either on purpose or accidentally and these creatures will have babies who look slightly like your unique character. And yes, of course you can capture them and raise them to be NPCs but their stats won't be as good as a normal human, haha you silly goose. *waves hands frantically, fingers through "ok" sign on other hand while winking knowingly*

CR: Yeah, you'll have fidelitous jizz, and it'll have physics simulation and it'll..

Why are there no female characters ?

CR: Oh.....

Elsewhere.

CR: Yeah, you'll have epic space battles and massive multicrew ships and

Why does your game run at 12 FPS in the Lumberyard editor?

CR: Oh.....

Elsewhere.

CR:Yeah this Bomber will stealthily take down capital ships, and you'll launch your torpedoes and

Why is there only one "capital ship" in the game , and it's not even working right?

CR: Oh....

:thunk:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Awesome! posted:

I have a couple games in the triple digits, one of which is Elite. The funny part there is that it's only in triple digits because I forget to close the launcher when I'm done, and so it "plays" for days on end lol.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
Re: Miku's 27,000 dollar jpeg purchase, it seems insane (especially since he's hit something like 60 grand spent on the game already), but even that pales in comparison to what top spenders in free to play/games as a service whales are willing to drop. Having worked in the industry for many years now, I have seen some serious poo poo that makes the CIG whales look like chump change. This includes people that spend close to a grand a day, or drop a hundred dollars literally every time they log into their game of choice. 190 million dollars in 6-7 years isn't anything to scoff at, but successful free to play mobile and even some PC games would laugh at those numbers and start laying people off.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

also, RE: "ship grind theorycrafting" the geniuses at reddit cooked this thread up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8ngxo8/speculation_on_ship_ingame_uec_prices_version_2/

I'm trying to follow their logic here, but it looks like they're assuming

A) $1 = 1000 UEC will still hold true
B) Ships will increase in price about threefold by launch
C) You will still be able to earn a Constellation in about 60 hours of playtime (per some loving thing Chris said three years ago)
D) Cameron Wilkie's speculation that the Polaris will be 20-30 million UEC was wrong

There's a bunch of flaws in this model, including assuming CIG's final "in-game" pricing model is going to be tied to reality in any way, so we might as well be throwing chicken bones around and trying to read them, but if we take those numbers at face value that means an Idris is going to cost you around 600 hours of play time lol. That's more than double the time I've put into MWO even when I used to play it every day and occasionally leave it running overnight by accident.

That might even be more than my total time put into WoW honestly.

You have to remember that star citizen is the only mmo economy ever that won't suffer from inflation because croberts said so.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

You have to remember that star citizen is the only mmo economy ever that won't suffer from inflation because croberts said so.

Can't believe it's the only game ever to have discovered the magic 9:1 NPC to player ratio. Bet those loving dipshit hacks at Rockstar wish they had figured that out!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Blarghalt posted:

The only thing I really know is Skadden are the guys Zenimax brought in to sue John Carmack and others regarding the Oculus Rift and the accusation that they were making use of Zenimax/Bethesda's properties to work on the project in breach of a lot of stuff, and Skadden won that one.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Awesome! posted:

I think Time Clickers is the only one that has inflated hours, you could probably knock the hundred off the front and have the real value.

Though if you want to be sad, look up the stats of anyone who plays dota. Its always like 7,000-12,000 hours.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Okay, I added it up. If the three main characters I've had in WoW since TBC launched in 2007 teamed up, their total playtime would have earned them 1.5 Idris Frigates.

Seems like a reasonable grind :suicide:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I have like 4500+ hours in APB, besides never ending shame, what jpegs would that get me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Awesome! posted:

I have over 4 digits of Team Fortress 2 hours and it was all good multi play fun of which I made some new friends that have evolved past that game (still play it at times)

Team Fortress 2 has GAMEPLAY - Star Citizen does not but still asks for more money.

I payed $30 for the pack with Portal 2, Team Fortress 2 and a half life eposodie. And then another $10 at some stage for some more storage space. Worth it for 8 years of gaming.