Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/05/30/exclusive-photos-taraji-p-henson-disney-princesses-wreck-ralph-sequel/652233002/

Some info about Wreck it Ralph 2, as well as some new screenshots (one of them being a shot of all the disney princesses)

So is Alan Tudyk Disney Animation's version of John Ratzenberger now? Because he's been in all their stuff since the first Wreck-it Ralph. I mean he's a good voice actor so I'm not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That princesses scene just makes me cringe so hard. I liked the first movie well enough to buy it on disk, but that scene sounds so terrible that I don't see how the rest of the movie could be any good.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

quote:

"I always thought princesses were perfect and boring," says Vanellope. Merida says something that sounds insightful, but no one understands her.

"She's from the other studio," says another princess, in a very insider joke about Pixar Animation Studios. The crowd cracked up.

It's very insider. Probably way over your head.

I liked the first one too and don't have high hopes for this one. But then I generally expect sequels to be terrible, so I'm not really disappointed.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Finally a good screenshot of the princess thing so I can argue who was included and excluded. Bonus a brand new Disney Princess that will absolutely be forgotten after this movie.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Jasmine and Pocahontas look really weird in Disney's current CG style, just throwin' that out there.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-considers-letting-pixar-co-founder-john-lasseter-return-1526464166

Hey Disney. Set a loving example and FIRE HIM.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Especially as it's sounding increasingly like he's all talk and is an active determent to producing good movies on top of being a emotionally abusive, and sexually harassing creep.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh man, that is not a good trailer.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

Jasmine and Pocahontas look really weird in Disney's current CG style, just throwin' that out there.

All the 2D ones look slightly off in a way that’s hard to pin down. I thinks it’s in the proportions of head to body.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Pick posted:

:yeah:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

sometimes I wonder what kind of shenanigans you get up to beyond this thread to get so many redtext AV's

but your post history speaks volumes

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
pick has powers the rest of us can barely comprehend

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

http://collider.com/how-to-train-your-dragon-3-poster/#synopsis

quote:

What began as an unlikely friendship between an adolescent Viking and a fearsome Night Fury dragon has become an epic trilogy spanning their lives. In this next chapter, Hiccup and Toothless will finally discover their true destinies: the village chief as ruler of Berk alongside Astrid, and the dragon as leader of his own kind. As both ascend, the darkest threat they’ve yet faced—as well as the appearance of a female Night Fury—will test the bonds of their relationship like never before.

For How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, series director Dean DeBlois returns alongside the all-star cast. The film is produced by Brad Lewis (Ratatouille, ANTZ) and How to Train Your Dragon series producer Bonnie Arnold (Toy Story, Tarzan).

Ooof. This is like the absolute laziest direction they could've gone

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
animation is dead

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
To be fair, the 'dead mom returning' thing from 2 was also really lazy and that movie turned out OK.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
no it did not

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I honestly don't think 2 was that good out of a few moments, it felt like it was pushing too hard for Hiccup to emulate his dad more, and I just can't make sense of the way his mother disappears, it just doesn't add up in the way it's presented.

It also as I had realized pretty recently it had killed my further interest in the series.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 31, 2018

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Pick posted:

animation is dead
:yeah:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Macaluso posted:

tbh lazy plot points aside I strongly dislike that they've decided to give her smaller less pointy head nubs, less scaley softer looking skin, littler claws etc

extremely niche pet peeve but making something like a dragon have sexual dimorphism along the line of "females look less threatening and more cutesy" bc gender roles is some horseshit

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
So you're saying they should have it make more biological sense and give the lady dragon big tiddies

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So you're saying they should have it make more biological sense and give the lady dragon big tiddies

Neah, but make it several times bigger and scarier than Toothless. Maybe have Toothless wind up fusing with it at the conclusion of their romance plotline so now you have this big scary lady dragon with Toothless's head embedded in the side atrophying.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There's a fake screenshot that has been going around for a while that is literally this exact thing, a white girl Toothless. Dreamworks could've at least gone with a design like that screenshot, where her design just ends up looking like Toothless except she's white (though I don't understand why a female Nightfury wouldn't also be black. That kind of defeats the point of them being a NIGHTfury)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It’ll be a Moonsparkle and shoot glitter.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pick posted:

It’ll be a Moonsparkle and shoot glitter.

This would own though

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm with you, make the females of nesting animals bigger, that's almost always the case since they're the ones that defend the nest, and I'll only accept it being white if it's explicitly an albino or have some other pigment issues.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I mean we don't have to go full biology major on it, I just think it's poo poo that western gender norms get stuck even onto animated animals

but it's nothing new when female cartoon dogs always have big eyelashes and stuff. I'm just mad because I liked how to train your dragon

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

IronicDongz posted:

I mean we don't have to go full biology major on it, I just think it's poo poo that western gender norms get stuck even onto animated animals

but it's nothing new when female cartoon dogs always have big eyelashes and stuff. I'm just mad because I liked how to train your dragon

given how interesting dragon designs are, they went "Smol soft" for a female night fury is dumb, and the whole "hurr hurr a woman gets between two guy friends" is a plotline that needs to be taken out behind the shed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

This would own though

Only as a crossover with the superior franchise, Trolls.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I'm personally gonna take a "wait and see" stance on this. After all:

Renoistic posted:

To be fair, the 'dead mom returning' thing from 2 was also really lazy and that movie turned out OK.

I didn't actually mind 2, even if I liked the first one (and the Netflix show) better.

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Real disappointing. Reminds me of Stitch and pink Stitch.
Someone on Twitter theorized that she looked like that because she was part of some subterranean subspecies (explaining the cave setting). So... Holding my breath for that maybe?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Maybe they're like Birds of Paradise.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

This looks like some Direct to DVD Sequel.

"Catch up with all your scaly friends as they embark on a new adventure...RELATIONSHIPS"

Like, I'm having a hard time believing this is the actual 3rd movie.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Actually, romance is cool and good.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I think it's just a bad poster. There's nothing to suggest that it will inherently be a bad story or take away from the giant scaley cat shenanigans. It might be fine if they present the conflict as nature vs domestication conflict. For example, if Toothless' behavior is in line for an animal trying to attract a mate, and it's affecting the plot that Hiccup is dealing with. Rather than increasingly personifying toothless, and he's putting a ho in front of his bro in their buddy cop style adventure.

Though I concur with the sexual dimorphism. Also, really don't like the fact that the title makes it sound like a midquel spinoff rather than a proper sequel.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also doing a hidden world is such a bad premise it took the Ice Age movies only like two sequels to get there. My god it's just loving terrible in every way.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
meh, there's nothing more to go on than a poster and the stellar reputation of Dreamworks trilogies

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SatansBestBuddy posted:

meh, there's nothing more to go on than a poster and the stellar reputation of Dreamworks trilogies

Also to answer your question, that's based on my GBS Star Trek thread which involves me doodling stupid things. GBS is a whole... thing!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What if this is actually gonna be some Pokémon poo poo, though?

Like Kyurem vs Zekrom, I guess.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Or maybe it'll be exactly like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

IronicDongz posted:

tbh lazy plot points aside I strongly dislike that they've decided to give her smaller less pointy head nubs, less scaley softer looking skin, littler claws etc

extremely niche pet peeve but making something like a dragon have sexual dimorphism along the line of "females look less threatening and more cutesy" bc gender roles is some horseshit
yeah this annoys the poo poo out of me