Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Potato Salad posted:

I think there's a part of the I Wish I Had An Angel music video where the bassist's hair is blowing across his face almost exactly like this

I have no clue why that association is so strong. Maybe it's your eyes.

maybe also that I only have 4 strings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol a Bronco II! It’s fitting for sure.

Right? It's been on my "dream car" list for years.

You end up getting some rest after Fleet Week?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Turns out looking like poo poo is just my natural state but yeah I got some rest last night.
So many wholesome clean memories of fleetweek I would have made if I wasn’t drunk for most of it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I feel like being drunk is a legal requirement for that, honestly. Glad you had fun and got a sleep!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scathach posted:

I feel like being drunk is a legal requirement for that, honestly. Glad you had fun and got a sleep!

Just kidding. Well not for the first night in NYC I was pretty tore up. The rest of the time I had a few beers once back on the ship but none while out and about. But from Thursday to Monday it was the godddamn dress shoes causing me so much torment from all the walking that really got me. I got feet that would make a ballerina wince right now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fellow NYC visitor selfie, getting a new outfit for my 26th birthday.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
such a behbee :3:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

Weenie. You should have come seen the boats like you said you would.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pshhhht you need to visit the giant Navy base in Everett and me and the Bronc and Sasquash and the dogs will buy ya a beer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scathach posted:

Pshhhht you need to visit the giant Navy base in Everett and me and the Bronc and Sasquash and the dogs will buy ya a beer.

I did last January but you got busy with work! I'll be up that way again sooner or later.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LingcodKilla posted:

Weenie. You should have come seen the boats like you said you would.

Unfortunately I started feeling sick and ended up sleeping until like 10:00 every day.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I did last January but you got busy with work! I'll be up that way again sooner or later.

I know! Definitely terrible. My schedule is much more forgiving now. I have half of every week off and probably will until the sweet old lady needs a nursing home.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

Unfortunately I started feeling sick and ended up sleeping until like 10:00 every day.

I have no idea how after 5 days of wandering NYC I didnt manage to get some disgusting cold or flu.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

idk I feel like wider lapels would be more suitable, those look overly skinny on you?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

double post avec selfies

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Driving through the Pennsylvania mountains. A bug flew in my eye.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Work is alright

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 23:48 on May 31, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

Work is alright

Name tag yo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Fixed! Half the posters on this dead forum probably know my name but makes sense.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

Fixed! Half the posters on this dead forum probably know my name but makes sense.

Honestly that name is so common from our age group.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is it Amanda?
Half of my friends dated Amandas at one point. Sometimes at the same time. Got confusing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

Is it Amanda?
Half of my friends dated Amandas at one point. Sometimes at the same time. Got confusing.

Yes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think you’ve also posted YouTube videos of your adventures with your full name on the account.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

LingcodKilla posted:

Honestly that name is so common from our age group.

I grew up in a town of 3500 and there were 5 of us in my grade. Way too common.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

I grew up in a town of 3500 and there were 5 of us in my grade. Way too common.

I've spent way too much time on this site

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/decades/

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I was born in 1978 and there are a bazillion Christophers that are in their late 30s and early 40s.

In my office we have 7 Tylers on our floor - all of them are late 20s to early 30s

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Goober Peas posted:

I was born in 1978 and there are a bazillion Christophers that are in their late 30s and early 40s.

In my office we have 7 Tylers on our floor - all of them are late 20s to early 30s

I got a biblical name that's so rare I may be named Nebuchadnezzar.

That would actually be an upgrade.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

LingcodKilla posted:

Gonna go look up Mahershalalhashbaz on Facebook and see if I find you

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

LingcodKilla posted:

And what's wrong with Zebulon?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Goober Peas posted:

I lucked out - in most of my time in grade school and even in jobs, I barely hear about anyone with my same first name. It's not even an uncommon or unpopular name either.

Current job has 3 Jeff's, 4 Chris's, 2 Josh's and a smattering of other names, I'm the only guy with my first name on the team. It's kinda funny when someone calls in and hearing "ok...which Jeff/Chris/Josh/Matt did you talk to?"

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Had some grade schoolers ask if I was "like 17" today. Turned 30 earlier this month.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I know a Jewish guy named Hamish.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Happy birthday schmeichy

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Thanks cc

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Spent the afternoon in the pool doing the practical portion of sea survival classes, messing around with a liferaft, lifejackets, and immersion suits. Launched a lifeboat into a nasty looking pond in the morning.
Pretty decent refresher course so far.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

B33rChiller posted:

Spent the afternoon in the pool doing the practical portion of sea survival classes, messing around with a liferaft, lifejackets, and immersion suits. Launched a lifeboat into a nasty looking pond in the morning.
Pretty decent refresher course so far.

I put on an immersion suit on for the first time last week!

Where the gently caress do you poop in it?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Schmeichy posted:

Had some grade schoolers ask if I was "like 17" today. Turned 30 earlier this month.

Happy Birthday! And holy poo poo, your hair is AMAZING!! I looooved it short and sassy, but I think you have the most incredible hair, wow!!!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My name is way at the bottom, Randy/Randall being pretty old fashioned even in the late 70s.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Hair getting too long. Looking a little like Satellite High.

Also, someone told me you like photos of beautiful, adorable little cute pets here, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Flattop is at optimal length. No product required. Now this mustache just needs to fill in a bit more.