Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

The one alien guy with the breathing tubes in Enfys Nest, is that the same dude in (I presume later) Saw Gerrera's gang who brings Bodhi in in Rogue One?

Two Tubes? It was either him or his brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Idea:

Solo is a diegetic holo-biopic by alien director Ronhow Werd.

Rey saw a bootleg and that’s why she thinks the kessel run is real.

The diagetic empire theme playing in that registration center on Corelia makes more sense if the whole thing is an unreliable narrator trying to remember how the story went.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LesterGroans posted:

I love Jivjov because during the MCU marathon he took a nap break during one of the Thors, he's responsible for "nigh unbearable tension", and he'll defend this Death Star thing to his death.

We left after Captain America, missed all of Avengers and Iron Man 3, and returned during Thor: The Dark World

And yeah...yeah I made some post about tension.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ruddiger posted:

The diagetic empire theme playing in that registration center on Corelia makes more sense if the whole thing is an unreliable narrator trying to remember how the story went.

The imperial march has been dietetically played a couple other times; notably at the Empire Day parade on Lothal in Rebels

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

jivjov posted:

We left after Captain America, missed all of Avengers and Iron Man 3, and returned during Thor: The Dark World

And yeah...yeah I made some post about tension.

My love for you grows.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's okay tho...I've seen Avengers theatrically over 10 times.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

jivjov posted:

It's okay tho...I've seen Avengers theatrically over 10 times.

Have you ever talked to a woman without having to pay her first?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Yaws posted:

Have you ever talked to a woman without having to pay her first?

Yeah; my wife and I talk all the time. We also go to movies together. Not usually ten times to a single film though.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Milky Moor posted:

Okay thread, name six things that aren't a Death Star.

Jackie Chan!

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

jivjov posted:

Yeah; my wife and I talk all the time. We also go to movies together. Not usually ten times to a single film though.

She's more sane than you. God Bless her.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Sun Crusher.
Bigger Luke
R2-D2
The RX-77 Guncannon
A René Magritte painting of the Death Star
Jackie Chan

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

It’s the same costume, probably used again to save money on an alien during the reshoots.

Well, given their plan to start a rebellion I thought it could be the same dude, and even that he might have a name or feature in Rebels, which I have not seen.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

Darksaber
IG-88

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Breasts
Jabba's Luxury Yacht
Cortosis Weave
Gonk Droid

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

Sun Crusher.
Bigger Luke
R2-D2
The RX-77 Guncannon
Jackie Chan
The Guncannon looks like the Ideon though, and the Ideon might as well be a Death Star.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Couple of observations/questions about the movie.

Dryden Vos, any relation to Quinlan Vos?

The one alien guy with the breathing tubes in Enfys Nest, is that the same dude in (I presume later) Saw Gerrera's gang who brings Bodhi in in Rogue One?

Confirmed no on Vos/Vos. I forget who confirmed it but they are borrowing an idea from the larger canon that some family names are just common.

Yes on Benthic (the tubes guy) and Warrick Davis plays his previous character from TPM. I totally missed Benthic in the fim.

I think Jon Kasdan knows the SW universe better than Lucas.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yaws posted:

She's more sane than you. God Bless her.

Well you are supposed to marry up

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

jivjov posted:

Do you know what "thematically" means? Something being thematically like something else doesn't transmute it into literally being that thing

It's not literally that thing anyway because it literally doesn't exist and never did. Makes you think.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

In the film they put it up beside a picture of a death star and say that the reason it's not classified as a death star is because it's substantially larger. So it's a strange situation where a truck is so large that it no longer counts as a truck. But they don't explain what the truck is now.

So it's just not-a-truck, the thing that's like a truck but not.

Of course what they really mean is that it's not just another death star. Emphasis on 'another'. This is a big death star, theoretically more difficult to destroy.

For instance, not a truck.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Today I learned that George Lucas considered including a 10-year old Han Solo in the Kashyyyk scenes in ROTS with Chewie helping Yoda to escape Order 66.

The older I get, the more I like Lucas for how much he was determined to annoy 16 year old me. 16 year old me was the worst. Probably still would be if he was around.

Milky Moor posted:

Jackie Chan
Mushrooms
A hat
A really big hat made out of a planet
a hat shop
A death st...gently caress

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

LesterGroans posted:

I love Jivjov because during the MCU marathon he took a nap break during one of the Thors, he's responsible for "nigh unbearable tension", and he'll defend this Death Star thing to his death.

Who was it that said the quips were on point?

jivjov posted:

He said a woman you haven't paid.

haha wives, am I right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

chiasaur11 posted:

Sun Crusher.
Bigger Luke
R2-D2
The RX-77 Guncannon
Jackie Chan

R2-D2 interfaced with the death star and left his program in there, so he is also a death star

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

sassassin posted:

Who was it that said the quips were on point?

I wanna say Celtic Predator, but I thought he also said the 'nigh unbearable' line.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Nah the quips one was me too. That one I'll still stand by; because if there's one thing Marvel does consistently well, it's good quippy dialogue.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I've just realised that Starkiller Base isn't a Death Star.

It's a Star Destroyer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And an X-Wing is a Death Star Destroyer

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
An A-Wing is a Star Destroyer Destroyer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A souped up YT-1300 is a Corellian Corvette

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

Nah the quips one was me too. That one I'll still stand by; because if there's one thing Marvel does consistently well, it's good quippy dialogue.

The dialogue they produce is garbage. It's pseudo-humour.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I just realized that there is also a prominently featured repulsor train on Kessel in Rogue Squadron for N64. You rescue Wedge Antilles from it.

Jon Kasdan bringing back the EU for better or for worse

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Star Wars is just Family Matters. They're the same thing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I just realized that there is also a prominently featured repulsor train on Kessel in Rogue Squadron for N64. You rescue Wedge Antilles from it.

Jon Kasdan bringing back the EU for better or for worse

There's one of those in the Jedi Academy game too (also on Corellia).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite Star Wars train is the garbage skiff on IG-88 trash planet in Shadows of the Empire

IG-88, by the way, is also a Death Star

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you look deep enough there's a tiny death star in all of us.

Also, RIP that game. :(

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tiny Death Star was the only Tiny game I played and I really liked it.

Why the gently caress did they poo poo can it?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What if the real treasure were the Death Stars we blew up along the way?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I really enjoyed Solo despite going in thinking it was going to be crap since it was initially announced.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

jivjov posted:

Hell yeah baby.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Ohtsam posted:

I really enjoyed Solo despite going in thinking it was going to be crap since it was initially announced.

What is wrong with you? Could you not see that this movie was bad because it had literally zero literal Death Stars?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rogue One and The Last Jedi were both in theaters after Carrie Fisher died, so she is also a death star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

If you look deep enough there's a tiny death star in all of us.

Also, RIP that game. :(

What was this? Looks like a better version of Fallout: Shelter.

Ohtsam posted:

Critics who still had baby teeth when the prequels came out really want to hate on a Star Wars and they picked this one as the sacrificial lamb. It's not a bad movie. You can dislike it because it's not for you, because there's no death star base killers, but it's not bad. Like they don't even attempt to introduce the next ultimate big bad invention, they just spend a little time explaining how hyperspace fuel gets made.

See: Andy Greenwald

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 1, 2018