Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Salt Fish posted:

yospos drinking thread: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Now that stymie is here there's a 4th R, but I won't say what it is out of respect for his condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

yospos drinking thread: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvCsLPCGVE

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

to opitimise im drinking four different beverages and one of them is past it's best-before date!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Now that stymie is here there's a 4th R, but I won't say what it is out of respect for his condition.

ron't ruote rymie?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

ron't ruote rymie?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Chris Knight posted:

ron't ruote rymie?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

went to treehouse brewing today to see what the gently caress that is all about. waited in line for a few minutes, got a few cans including some Julius which is their flagship.

had a can of julius tonight. it's uh, pretty good, i suppose.

but drive a long-rear end way, wait in a long-rear end line (sometimes), all that bullshit and hype? eh. nah.

the craft beer world can be awfully silly sometimes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

went to treehouse brewing today to see what the gently caress that is all about. waited in line for a few minutes, got a few cans including some Julius which is their flagship.

had a can of julius tonight. it's uh, pretty good, i suppose.

but drive a long-rear end way, wait in a long-rear end line (sometimes), all that bullshit and hype? eh. nah.

the craft beer world can be awfully silly sometimes.

it's so good but it's effort to get it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that sounds dumb as hell

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bulgakov posted:

that sounds dumb as hell

don't sign

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

that sounds dumb as hell

yeah it kind of is. i wonder how long it will last.

for similar weirdness/craziness, see "heady topper" from alchemist beer in vermont. this is the one that started the new england style IPA craze and I'll probably never have it unless i go on vacation up in vermont near the brewery.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
took home a cucumber-blackberry kolsch from the brewery near family this past weekend

it's real, real good when it's sweltering

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i'm drinking liquor

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
when I went to treehouse when it was in monson, there was a half-hour line for 10 beers at 3 on a wednesday afternoon. it's good beer, but there's lots of good beer now, which is great.

cocchi americano with a lime is also great, and was tonight's drink of choice.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i've yet to have a beer so good that it breaks my assumption that brewing is a solved problem

maybe hundreds of years have been wrong tho?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
People have always gone insane over popular beers, like Pliny the Younger, a bunch of abbey ales, etc.

Meanwhile, Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is like #1 beer or whatever and I can buy a 12-pack pretty easy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

yeah it kind of is. i wonder how long it will last.

for similar weirdness/craziness, see "heady topper" from alchemist beer in vermont. this is the one that started the new england style IPA craze and I'll probably never have it unless i go on vacation up in vermont near the brewery.

I've had it a couple times. It's a good beer don't get me wrong but there are plenty of delicious IPAs now

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

People have always gone insane over popular beers, like Pliny the Younger, a bunch of abbey ales, etc.

Meanwhile, Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is like #1 beer or whatever and I can buy a 12-pack pretty easy.

Bells and founders thanks.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

actually, bud light is the #1 beer

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph posted:

actually, bud light is the #1 beer

Actually I think you'll find that bud light is a #2?!?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Light beer is an affront to the Lord.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

I've had it a couple times. It's a good beer don't get me wrong but there are plenty of delicious IPAs now

i want to try the sam adams NEIPA now, people say it is actually quite decent.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

tried something called Unicorn Juice which is passionfruit beer and it was very good
also currently drinking a grapefruit double IPA from a local place and its like 9%abv and its knocking me on my rear end

ive somehow moved on to fruity bullshit beers and i think im fine with this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

i...guess? almost everything sam does someone else does better, though I haven't had it myself

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SO DEMANDING posted:

They used to have a pilsner called "Noble Pils" (I think it was a spring varietal) and it was extremely refreshing/effervescent.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

They used to have a pilsner called "Noble Pils" (I think it was a spring varietal) and it was extremely refreshing/effervescent.

it tasted like a weak gin with some hops in it

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

SO DEMANDING posted:

I like them, they're a cloudy IPA that typically have more juice or remains of whatever the flavor they're going for in them compared the norm (apricots, fruit, etc.). They also don't last nearly as long.

Two Roads had one called 2 Juicy that was pretty amazing.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

its so good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a nice limoncello after a good meal tasty, it was a nice smooth but properly sour and fit with the italian influences of the meal :discourse:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
grappa is my absolute favorite after a heavy meal

that kerosene cuts like a knife

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

grappa is my absolute favorite after a heavy meal

that kerosene cuts like a knife

its so good, and its starting crop up more around here which is always a nice surprise

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
my 'flavor of the month' is the Old Fashioned. it's called an old fashioned, but each drink is a new experience and the possibilities are endless!

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i...guess? almost everything sam does someone else does better, though I haven't had it myself

so many of the NEIPAs out there are stupidly overhyped and have obnoxiously poor availability and pricing so i'm just curious to see what a relatively large player like sam adams can put out. if it comes close to some of the stupid $16/4pack hard to find horseshit i'm gonna laugh.

I like them, they're a cloudy IPA that typically have more juice or remains of whatever the flavor they're going for in them compared the norm (apricots, fruit, etc.). They also don't last nearly as long.

Two Roads had one called 2 Juicy that was pretty amazing.

yeah i've had 2 juicy. pretty good, a bit too hoppy for what a i like. i mean i guess that's the thing, i'm not too keen on IPAs. the occasional IPA can definitely be good but there are way too many out there and a lot of them taste like you're sucking off a pine tree. so the focus on fruit over bitterness in NEIPAs is rather interesting. but overall as a trend, yeesh, tons and tons of bullshit surrounding the style.

tonight i had "green", another IPA, and "bright", a double IPA, from treehouse. very underwhelmed, i liked julius more. good, solid beers for sure but there's a gazillion other good, solid beers out there so why bother driving over an hour and waiting in line?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm drinking a PBR is that ok

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

my 'flavor of the month' is the Old Fashioned. it's called an old fashioned, but each drink is a new experience and the possibilities are endless!

an Old Fashioned is always in style and the new bar down the block has a pretty good well rye to boot

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

you bet it is :hfive:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i've never had pbr before because that is just how far up my own rear end i am

Jonny 290