Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It’d be sick if it were just “Mother”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pick posted:

It’d be sick if it were just “Mother”

"Diamond Daddy" riles fans, parents, and producers in surprise Steven Universe reveal. - Vox.com

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
The Big D

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
She's not even a diamond at all, she's Musgravite!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New leak reveals the truth Steven has been hiding

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So when are the next episodes? I feel like they're gonna be extra sad and extra gay this time around.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

J.A.B.C. posted:

So when are the next episodes? I feel like they're gonna be extra sad and extra gay this time around.

It seems like August, but we're not sure yet

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
A friend of mine works/ed on this show (for the sake of anonymity) and though I can't share a lot of what she's told me, I feel it's okay to share that she finds the release schedule stupid, nonsensical and harmful to the show. I mentioned people defending it because it's app-focused and she said that's ridiculous, no one else in the industry is doing it like this and there are already plenty of companies that are successfully targeting app-based release. In fact, none of my friends, from interns to executive producers, understand the method to CN's maddness. It is a bad approach.

I also know Jasper spoilersAHAHAHAHA!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you should not be leaking even stuff there might be spoilers about, but also tell us what happens to Jasper.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I feel comfortable in saying Lapis' rapid, stupid disappearance was probably to give Jasper room to show up without that dynamic being in play right away.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, hasn't every gem but Steven tried to run away at some point?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Turtlicious posted:

I mean, going to Homeworld was pretty run away-y. Shinji would not approve.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah but the way it was handled is suspect, considering otherwise the show could comfortably ignore Peridot and Lapis (even when it doesn't make sense) because they live like 15 minutes away.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Turtlicious posted:

you should not be leaking even stuff there might be spoilers about, but also tell us what happens to Jasper.

I will state for the record that the only possible outcomes for Jasper's character are either development or nondevelopment, so I have quantumly spoiled nothing!

Schrodinger's Jasper: Both alive and dead since 2016.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Das Boo posted:

I will state for the record that the only possible outcomes for Jasper's character are either development or nondevelopment, so I have quantumly spoiled nothing!

Schrodinger's Jasper: Both alive and dead since 2016.

We already know she’s going to fuse with Greg and become the most powerful giant woman who is really really into other giant women giiiannnt women!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Das Boo posted:

A friend of mine works/ed on this show (for the sake of anonymity) and though I can't share a lot of what she's told me, I feel it's okay to share that she finds the release schedule stupid, nonsensical and harmful to the show. I mentioned people defending it because it's app-focused and she said that's ridiculous, no one else in the industry is doing it like this and there are already plenty of companies that are successfully targeting app-based release. In fact, none of my friends, from interns to executive producers, understand the method to CN's maddness. It is a bad approach.

Your friend definitely has my sympathies-I can't imagine how frustrating it has to be to work on a show like this, where you pour blood, sweat, and tears into your product only for CN to dick around with airing them for months on end before the episodes inevitably get leaked.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happens if Greg and Steven fuse?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Call the cops

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
spoilers for jasper

she rots in a bubble, alone and forgotten

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Jack Black gets a voice credit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

Good to know the people making Steven Universe think the release schedule is terrible just as much as the people watching it.

It's also been proven to have decreased interest in the show so I have no idea why it's still like this.

Anyway, forget Jasper, do you have any Centipeetle spoilers?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have no idea how Garnet or Peridot will cope with the Pink Diamond twist, so it's like way too early to bring up how Lapis or Jasper will fit in.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have no idea how Garnet or Peridot will cope with the Pink Diamond twist, so it's like way too early to bring up how Lapis or Jasper will fit in.

Again, there is five minutes worth of audio out there of Kimberly Brooks screaming into a pillow in some Adobe Premiere work project file marked "JasperFindsOut.flac".

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Barry Bluejeans posted:

spoilers for jasper

she rots in a bubble, alone and forgotten

Impossible.

Gems don’t rot, they sit, unchanged, forever.

:smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jasper did nothing wrong

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Original flavor Jasper stays dead, corrupted, and in a bubble forevermore. Skinny Jasper becomes most popular character on show.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Original flavor Jasper stays dead, corrupted, and in a bubble forevermore. Skinny Jasper becomes most popular character on show.

There was no Jasper, there was never any other Jasper. I love skinny Jasper.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rusty Shackleford?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I stop thinking of this show as much because of the weird scheduling, it's true. It just feels safer to not get hyped up. Instead I become so numb. I will, however, confess to still having Diamond dreams, so I wouldn't truly be able to ever stop thinking of this show in actuality.

Give me my drat cartoon!!! I wanna see colorful ladies do things!!! I want to see every possible gem fusion and gem type complete with pages of lore.txt for each!!! I want sour cream!!!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Das Boo posted:

TELL ABOUT THE JASPER, GEORGE

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

As one of the people who has defended the release schedule in the past, I'd just like to say that I also think it's loving stupid, I was just trying to get in the heads of the madmen running the show.

Also just give it up we all know "Jasper" is actually code for "White Diamond is actually the Cluster sent backwards through time to ancient Homeworld"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Good to know the people making Steven Universe think the release schedule is terrible just as much as the people watching it.

It's also been proven to have decreased interest in the show so I have no idea why it's still like this.

Anyway, forget Jasper, do you have any Centipeetle spoilers?

I’m honestly starting to wonder if they’re genuinely trying to keep the show from getting too much attention for any length of time because it’s too gay or whatever. :shrug:

It’s a dumb theory but gently caress, the whole situation is nonsense. If they prevent the viewerbase from growing they get the accolades of being progressive without inviting the attention of the regressive public? I don’t even know anymore.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Captain Oblivious posted:

I’m honestly starting to wonder if they’re genuinely trying to keep the show from getting too much attention for any length of time because it’s too gay or whatever. :shrug:

It’s a dumb theory but gently caress, the whole situation is nonsense. If they prevent the viewerbase from growing they get the accolades of being progressive without inviting the attention of the regressive public? I don’t even know anymore.

I honestly think it's just incompetence. They keep releasing merch for the show, they have clear financial reasons to want it to succeed and faith that the stuff they make will sell, but they also don't want to release new episodes regularly or even let people know when the show will start airing again because ??????

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I think they're quite happy at keeping it at cult popularity, basically for the reasons Oblivious says, while making modest overtures towards merchandising and so on.

Of course, I also think they missed the boat because this show was at its height around the time of Super Watermelon Island or thereabouts.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I honestly think it's just incompetence. They keep releasing merch for the show, they have clear financial reasons to want it to succeed and faith that the stuff they make will sell, but they also don't want to release new episodes regularly or even let people know when the show will start airing again because ??????

I agree with you and this is probably it, but if the true reason turned out to be that Cartoon Network was trying to secretly trying to starve off Steven Universe's fanbase in order to get rid of dumbass 14 year olds who send death threats over fanart, I'd be okay with that. It would still hurt, but it'd understandable. I could hope...

Meanwhile have some leaked SU plot details courtesy of Ian JQ:

x

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Joe confirmed that on tumblr years ago

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tigeythemighty.tumblr.com

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

T-man posted:

I love skinny Jasper.

Why is she called Skinny Jasper when there are no other Jaspers? I guess we will never know!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I am frightened by Goat-Eyes Maheswaren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I feel like this is referencing something but I'm too lame to know what it is