Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Ownager posted:

Sucks about JJ Season 2 sounding terrible though. That was on my next to watch list.

You could always try it for yourself.

Judging by your previous posts (great analysis of AoS' first season, by the way) you'll be able to find the good parts in JJ Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mostly enjoyed JJS2 but I do agree it was kind of crowded/disjointed/I don't know. It didn't fully click. But I saw a lot of the things they were going for with Alisa vs Kilgrave and Trish's resentment and inferiority complex and how that ties back to her mom and drug problems. There's a lot there and I'm definitely gonna give it a rewatch in time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Having heard nothing about it for a while, I was a bit surprised to see Hulu advertise Cloak&Dagger being released next Friday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've seen the trailers and it looks very teen romancey. Which shouldn't really be a surprise for Freeform and probably is in the same relative world as the Runaways was. But doesn't make me personally very excited. I'll still probably give it a look.

I just remembered I was aware of Cloak and Dagger because I was binging Siren on Freeform's app a couple of weeks and just forgot about it without finishing.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

Other than Diamond Back. Jesus H. Christ that man craves the taste of scenery because he chews it like a lion eating a gazelle

I don't love Mike Colter's take on Luke Cage and I wonder what Eric LaRay Harvey would have been like as Luke Cage.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!
JJ S2 became the greatest Marvel Netflix in the first episode. The Wizzer? Come on.

Punisher was amazing, that scene of the kid stabbing the dude was one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Whizzer was indeed amazing and I'm kind of sad they didn't have him lead Jessica to a whole bunch of D list superheroes like him that Trish could be envious of.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All non-Jessica supers without their own shows in Jessica Jones exist to be fridged to further the plot.

The clock's ticking for PatsyTrish.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

JJ S2 became the greatest Marvel Netflix in the first episode. The Wizzer? Come on.

Punisher was amazing, that scene of the kid stabbing the dude was one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen.

Also great was how the dead superscientist's house was just a typical old-person house full of sun-faded furniture and cornball tchotchkes crammed into every corner, and how his funeral was just a typical old-person funeral.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
JJ Season 2 was good.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
God Tier: Legion S1 and S2 (so far)

Demigod Tier: Daredevil S1, JJ S1, Punisher

Good Tier: Daredevil S2, Agents of Shield post-"Turn Turn Turn"

Meh Tier: Luke Cage, Agents of Shield pre-"Turn Turn Turn", JJ S2

Not that great Tier: Defenders

CW Show Tier: Arrow S1

WTF are you doing Marvel Tier: Iron Fist, Inhumans, Runaways

I didn't watch it Tier: Everything else

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

One of those things is not like the others

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

ShakeZula posted:

One of those things is not like the others

We get it, Luke Cage is black, no reason to keep pointing it out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

God Tier: Legion S1 and S2 (so far)

Demigod Tier: Daredevil S1, JJ S1, Punisher

Good Tier: Daredevil S2, Agents of Shield post-"Turn Turn Turn"

Meh Tier: Luke Cage, Agents of Shield pre-"Turn Turn Turn", JJ S2

Not that great Tier: Defenders

CW Show Tier: Arrow S1

WTF are you doing Marvel Tier: Iron Fist, Inhumans, Runaways

I didn't watch it Tier: Everything else

I would agree with this, though JJ S1 is really skirting the demigod tier and if not for tennant it would plummet.

I also don't think Runaways is bad - it had big issues for sure, but the cast is awesome and they did a lot of things right. Certainly not worth lumping in with Iron Fist.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Tier lists are for scrubs.

:colbert:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hakkesshu posted:

I would agree with this, though JJ S1 is really skirting the demigod tier and if not for tennant it would plummet.

I also don't think Runaways is bad - it had big issues for sure, but the cast is awesome and they did a lot of things right. Certainly not worth lumping in with Iron Fist.

Runaways is absolutely unwatchable for me and it all centers around The Pride. Maybe id feel different if I didnt grow up with the books, but the "kinder, gentler" pride is a cancerous tumor that destroys the show. In the comics they are a bunch of unapologetic, demon-worshiping monsters, the big drama between them is that some of them were planning on killing the others and above all they were loving cool. They were NOT a bunch of mopey whiners who cheated on their wives, or who needed to be blackmailed to commit a few human sacrifices. For everything the show gets right about the kids it gets ten things wrong about the pride and the things it changes just make the pride substantially more boring.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Tier lists are for scrubs.

:colbert:

Ur mom is 4 scrubs

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Here’s my list, I think most people can agree it’s quite accurate

1. DD S1
2. JJ S1
3. DD S2
4. LC S1
5. IF S1
6. Defenders
7. Punisher
8. JJ S2

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
How on earth is anything worse than the Defenders.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Renoistic posted:

How on earth is anything worse than the Defenders. BBIAB, I have yet to watch "Iron Fist."

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus Christ people keep falling for it don't they

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Jesus Christ people keep falling for it don't they

Defenders was pretty weak though

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Iron Fist at least had Harold Meachum. Defenders retroactively made every show worse by making their masterplan incredibly stupid. Also, Luke Cage and JJ are fine with blowing buildings up for very flimsy reasons and killing dozens of people in the process.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So how does Disney buying Marvel affect the Netflix MCU? Will all the Netflix IP's be ported to the Disney stream thing? Will they stay here? Like will all 8 Netflix MCU just be cancelled immediately?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm pretty sure they're co-productions and will stay on Netflix.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those deals were made well after Disney bought Marvel anyway.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

So how does Disney buying Marvel affect the Netflix MCU? Will all the Netflix IP's be ported to the Disney stream thing? Will they stay here? Like will all 8 Netflix MCU just be cancelled immediately?

Disney already own Marvel.

From what I understand, the Netflix shows are independent enough that they're staying where they are until Netflix's contract for those shows runs out. Netflix can continue to make as many seasons for the various series it already has for as long as it wants. It won't be making any new shows or spinoffs though -- those will probably turn up on Disney's independent streaming service.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Here’s my list, I think most people can agree it’s quite accurate

1. DD S1
2. JJ S1
3. DD S2
4. LC S1
5. IF S1
6. Defenders
7. Punisher
8. JJ S2

No Legion, does not compute.

(I know it's a troll post don't worry)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Sora, Riku, and Kairi are all going to be in Phase 6.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Jessica Jones joins the pantheon of Disney Princesses now.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 1
Daredevil 2.1
The Punisher
Agent Carter 1 & 2
Luke Cage 1
Daredevil 2.2
Luke Cage 2
Jessica Jones 2
Iron Fist
Agents of SHIELD
The Defenders
Inhumans

Haven't Seen: Runaways

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I thought Runaways was pretty good. :shrug: Maybe not a Luke Cage or Daredevil, but it's certainly no Iron Fist.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
But for real though if you haven't seen Legion you should check it out. Its super SUPER good.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
1. My Opinion
100000000. Your Opinion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

1. My Opinion
100000000. Your Opinion.

Thank you for recognizing my opinion is 100000000 times better than yours.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 1
Daredevil 2.1
The Punisher
Agent Carter 1 & 2
Luke Cage 1
Daredevil 2.2
Luke Cage 2
Jessica Jones 2
Iron Fist
Agents of SHIELD
The Defenders
Inhumans

Haven't Seen: Runaways

What's wrong with Luke Cage s2?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Koalas March posted:

What's wrong with Luke Cage s2?

Wait, is that out already?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

Wait, is that out already?

June 22 according to my phone.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

docbeard posted:

June 22 according to my phone.

OK, phew.

Also, weird to have it ranked. He probably means the latter half of season 1.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Am I the only person who kind of casually slides Person of Interest into the Marvel Netflix-verse despite neither being a Marvel nor a Netflix series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, because it's clearly part of the Arrowverse.