Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

https://twitter.com/security_panda/status/1002308249322786817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
it’s been said forty trillion times but products like this get funded because VCs are largely spoiled manchildren searching for technology to replace mother

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://www.herecomestheairplane.co/

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

it's a year old video, so it's surprising that they're still in business.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Tovala knows exactly how to cook your meal! The hard part of cooking is setting the time properly on your microwave right you loving simian? You prehensile dimwit.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Join Platly today and get a month free of paper plates. Simply have your maid throw them in the $5000 trash compactor when you're done instead of washing them. See also our sister company Silvr for all your plastic fork needs. Every month you will receive a spool of abs. Scan the qr code and watch as Silvr pumps out monogrammed disposable flatware for the low cost of $18/per person.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Where it’s at
I got

Wheany posted:

tv dinner and a microwave?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Can someone remind me why are Crocs bad again?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Schadenboner posted:

They're good. hth

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

muckswirler posted:

Join Platly today and get a month free of paper plates. Simply have your maid throw them in the $5000 trash compactor when you're done instead of washing them. See also our sister company Silvr for all your plastic fork needs. Every month you will receive a spool of abs. Scan the qr code and watch as Silvr pumps out monogrammed disposable flatware for the low cost of $18/per person.

you do that with recycled plastic or like paper and I guarantee you at least get a series A.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Schadenboner posted:

they're kind of ugly but make sense if you're gardening, wading in water or doing some other stuff

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
My flip-flops disintegrated over the winter so I'm looking to pick up a couple of pair for home and pool use but I seem to remember a bunch of OMG CROCS WILL LITERALLY SPROUT KNIVES AND CUT YOUR TENDONS AND LIGAMENTS WHILE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING stuff so I was making sure they weren't being used by the cats to incapacitate us before they drink our eyes.

:shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Schadenboner posted:

OMG CROCS WILL LITERALLY SPROUT KNIVES AND CUT YOUR TENDONS AND LIGAMENTS WHILE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING

hth

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
real answer: they're goofy looking and often worn by oddballs/oblivious olds (e: im not saying this is a good reason to not get some, it's just kind of the common take)

also if you dont spend at least $400 on a pair of crocs you might get turned away by the wal-mart people greeter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

meatpotato posted:

it’s been said forty trillion times but products like this get funded because VCs are largely spoiled manchildren searching for technology to replace mother

that and there's a ton of capital floating around searching for something, anything to invest in

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

real answer: they're goofy looking and often worn by oddballs/oblivious olds (e: im not saying this is a good reason to not get some, it's just kind of the common take)

also if you dont spend at least $400 on a pair of crocs you might get turned away by the wal-mart people greeter.

I mean, I'm literally a white suburban dad on the wrong side of 35 (albeit a poor-as-gently caress one who isn't a house-haver). Any illusions I ever had in re: my fuckability died long ago.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, I'm literally a white suburban dad on the wrong side of 35 (albeit a poor-as-gently caress one who isn't a house-haver). Any illusions I ever had in re: my fuckability died long ago.

pretty much same here. they're fun to bash online, but hey, if they work, who gives a rip.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
if you're going to wear crocs just get a pair of knock-offs. there are other comfy shoes that are easy to wear made by Clarks though

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mods can we get a ban on this chucklefuck?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my boss fired a colleague of mine for not wearing clogs and walking on all fours

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

meatpotato posted:

they're kind of ugly but make sense if you're gardening, wading in water or doing some other stuff

water sports are fine, boating / kayaking whatever, tho would usually grab gumboots. they’re more than kind of ugly but are functional

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Hey. I think you're fuckable.

You matter.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Krankenstyle posted:

my boss fired a colleague of mine for not wearing clogs and walking on all fours

Your boss wanted your colleague to buy two sets of clogs? That seems excessive, tbh?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Hey. I think you're fuckable.

You matter.

Tell BORAT VOICE MY WIFE that.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Uptime Sinclair posted:

if you're going to wear crocs just get a pair of knock-offs. there are other comfy shoes that are easy to wear made by Clarks though

toot toot clarks crew

hey bubble thread we got video phones (again, new to this wing) and now everyone is discovering they dont really want to be watched all call after pining for them this whole time :allears:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

toot toot clarks crew

hey bubble thread we got video phones (again, new to this wing) and now everyone is discovering they dont really want to be watched all call after pining for them this whole time :allears:

Every generation since (at least) the 1920s has toyed with the idea and then realized that they aren't a thing that anyone actually wants/will use.

Each generation then has to relearn this.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Schadenboner posted:

Your boss wanted your colleague to buy two sets of clogs? That seems excessive, tbh?

yea i m lucky i had two pairs before i started or id be in deep poo poo

nobody told me this during intro

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

Every generation since (at least) the 1920s has toyed with the idea and then realized that they aren't a thing that anyone actually wants/will use.

if anything i think people are realizing auto-only phones kind of suck now too and for many situations vastly prefer email/some form of instant messaging/texting

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

if anything i think people are realizing auto-only phones kind of suck now too and for many situations vastly prefer email/some form of instant messaging/texting

i'm definitely in this camp as far as my job goes, simply because text leaves an easily searchable paper trail you can forward to shitlords when they inevitably yell "why isn't this correct???" at you

if phones offered a robust call history search function i wouldn't mind it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

i have a friend who really really likes video calls on discord and always fuckin' calls me without warning and i have to be all "no, regular people do not like this"

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ate all the Oreos posted:

i have a friend who really really likes video calls on discord and always fuckin' calls me without warning and i have to be all "no, regular people do not like this"

get one of those virtual webcam programs and goatse him

problem solved.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Or just literal goatse

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kobayashi posted:

Or just literal goatse

well literal goatse would be sending someone to the site i would think.

doing it yourself is...a dramatic recreation of goatse? imitation goatse? a goatse cover?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
so tesla fixed their brake issues with an ota update

which on one hand is neat

and the other hand makes you wonder at their testing methodologies for the rest of the car if the brakes aren't working correctly from the beginning

and if you had a third hand you could ponder the possibility of someone disabling your brakes with an ota exploit

who am i kidding, they don't test poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
turns out all of theranos was 100% sham

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1002547781729333250

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

well literal goatse would be sending someone to the site i would think.

doing it yourself is...a dramatic recreation of goatse? imitation goatse? a goatse cover?

goatse tribute act, "goatse.cx(2)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ya i'm reading this now, p much every c-level should be in jail for financial fraud and violation of i've-lost-count-of-number of federal laws

though this does put a smile on my face

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 1, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

whats the class & method signature here

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I mean as far as I understand it, the founding story goes like this:

Elizabeth Holmes, in her second year of business school: "my project idea is a company that does blood tests but with only a drop of blood instead of all those test tubes."

Stanford business school professors: (makes jerking off motions) "YES! YES! THAT WOULD MAKE SO MUCH MONEY! UNGHHHHHH"

Holmes, later, in another department: "so that's my idea. Wouldn't that be great?"

Stanford medicine and biochemistry professors: "it sure would, but there is no science to suggest that might be possible at any time in the near future."

Holmes: (drops out and starts Theranos, turns in her class paper as the corporate charter)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

David foster Wallace predicted the videophone predicament in 1993

Except instead of coming to the conclusion people wouldn’t use it, Infinite Jest has a whole like 6 page exposition on how people ended up developing masks that had perfect-looking faces on them that made them terrified of actually ever meeting anyone

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

ya i'm reading this now, p much every c-level should be in jail for financial fraud and violation of i've-lost-count-of-number of federal laws

though this does put a smile on my face

she was born into wealth and will die with magnitudes more money than everyone here