Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Also this:

Did you notice that it was the Mols that kill and cook them Namazu in the vision?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Look at this weirdo who puts their text box at the top of the screen.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FortMan posted:

Did you notice that it was the Mols that kill and cook them Namazu in the vision?

Cirina is truly the best girl. :allears:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Just got into a Haukke Manor in progress where someone accidentally hit /leave instead of /return after the basement boss.

Easiest leveling roulette of my life.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Hommando posted:

Just got into a Haukke Manor in progress where someone accidentally hit /leave instead of /return after the basement boss.

Easiest leveling roulette of my life.

Ah, I see you've never gotten Ifrit normal for leveling roulette then.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Just got back to the game after a long break, I'm a WHM who's hit 70 and I'm coming close to the final boss of 4.0.

The general murmurings I hear about this fight everywhere are "You're totally hosed.", so I'm pretty drat nervous about it. I've watched MTQCapture's guide a couple times, does anyone have any role/job specific tips before I start giving it a go? I know I shouldn't be expecting a Savage Raid or anything, but I'd like to at least heal okay in a DF.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 31, 2018

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
"You're totally hosed" is not exactly true anymore that people are geared up but you still need to follow mechanics. If you haven't already, do your 70 job quest for 290 gear bare minimum even if it breaks the narrative flow between dungeon and trial.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LordHippoman posted:

Just got back to the game after a long break, I'm a WHM who's hit 70 and I'm coming close to the final boss of 4.0.

The general murmurings I hear about this fight everywhere are "You're totally hosed.", so I'm pretty drat nervous about it. I've watched MTQCapture's guide a couple times, does anyone have any role/job specific tips before I start giving it a go? I know I shouldn't be expecting a Savage Raid or anything, but I'd like to at least heal okay in a DF.
If you watched the video and know the mechanics you're cool. The main thing about that fight is that there's just lots of big moves that just straight up kill you if you're out of position, and when it came out you'd have most of the party die to them. Its not that big a deal if there's just one newbie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The boss at this point is honestly pretty easy. People are overgeared to poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I've only done Royal Menagerie once, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure Tidal Wave is probably the thing you need to worry about most. Everything else isn't so bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's also that move where he jumps to one corner and does a big knockback aoe with a small safe spot on either side

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

homeless snail posted:

There's also that move where he jumps to one corner and does a big knockback aoe with a small safe spot on either side

The knockback for that isn't very strong though. As long as you're towards the side of the tile that you're on which is closest to him when it goes off, you won't be flying off. You just take damage and get a vuln stack.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I've only done Royal Menagerie once, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure Tidal Wave is probably the thing you need to worry about most. Everything else isn't so bad.

Royal Menagerie is primarily a check to see if you remember what Thin Ice does and what happens when you get struck by a lightning bolt while standing in water. I think people found it hard on release primarily because it's really easy to panic during the big knockback and because the tanks ended up taking a shitload of damage in the kind of gear available at the time.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mods?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
When you're horny for carby

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Why is there still a carbuncle though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Why is there still a carbuncle though

The Carbuncle outfit has a carbuncle scarf, it's that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cat cursed to become rabbit after wearing their furs.

Origin of Viera confirmed

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Question: If a DoW class is at 60, does the 100% xp buff apply to DoH and DoL also?

Wondering whether to hit 60 on my SAM or BRD before pushing my crafting classes to 50+

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Question: If a DoW class is at 60, does the 100% xp buff apply to DoH and DoL also?

Wondering whether to hit 60 on my SAM or BRD before pushing my crafting classes to 50+

The Armory bonus to xp does not apply to Gatherers & Crafters.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

In the super rare chance there's ppl on Jenova: anyone interested in climbing to potd fl 200?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I am on Jenova and could go for that depending on when you want to run it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I am disappointed that the Warrior one doesn't just read, "Fell Cleave: Fell Cleave Fell Cleave FELL CLEAVE! Fell Cleave FELL CLEAVE FELL CLEAVE Fell Cleave!"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If square is going to charge us 12-18 dollars for character outfits the least they could do is let us dye them.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cat boys are a loving disgusting cancer.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

All boys are valid

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[remembering lalafells] Most boys are valid

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

The boss at this point is honestly pretty easy. People are overgeared to poo poo.

And already forgot all the mechanics, too. Last time I got it in roulette I've solo healed the thing, because the other healer was constantly dead.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Just took down the 4.0 final boss. :toot:

You were all right, it wasn't as terrible as I was expecting. Still kinda hectic, though, had some new people in the party, but we learned quick, and we still got it on the second try. In the end, we had very few left alive and had to slowly chunk what was left of its HP away, but that just kinda added to the excitement.

Seriously, amazing boss.

Ironically my biggest difficulty was the add phase. I could not, for the life of me, find safe spots.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 1, 2018

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Control Volume posted:

All boys are valid

All cats are valid.

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011
Delphi is the best there is........No doubt.....You have any question about the game or need any advice I personally guarantee she will help you out. I'm not so bad either, if you want any help don't hesitate to reach out to Deni Cair :effort: ; Any questions in game don't hesitate to ask.

If you feel like something super duper casual and just want the constant bonuses of being in a Free Company let me know. As sad and pathetic as that is , that is where ewe are at now.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Mordiceius posted:

Cat boys are a loving disgusting cancer.

Post em if you got em, everyone

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

LordHippoman posted:

Ironically my biggest difficulty was the add phase. I could not, for the life of me, find safe spots.

Pretty much the edge of the platform on the middle of any side will be "safe" or not fatal. There is no safe spot to take minimum damage on that add phase, especially when it's 5 of them landing at once.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The biggest disaster from the Calamity was all the male catgirls popping up.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Leal posted:

The biggest disaster from the Calamity was all the male catgirls popping up.

On the other hand, we found the other half of the Roegadyn species, so you take the good with the bad.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
where's my god dann nu-mou and viera

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Sade posted:

Post em if you got em, everyone

Ew gross.

No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LordHippoman posted:

:same: I always felt like I was loving that part up and could never figure out what I was doing wrong.