Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

We used the bank holiday to get a big silly 3k a side 2v1 game on. My Drukhari and a friends (UNPAINTED) Necrons vs another guy's Guard/Knight.

We used Open War cards and ended up with the hilarious deployment map of Guard having the middle strip, and Xenos getting to come at him from both sides. Xenos rolled a 6 to pick deployment areas, and for first turn, so it was pretty brutal for Guard getting hit from both sides.

Not pictured here is the Malcador Infernus which blew up and rolled 12 for distance and proceeded to do 4-6 mortal wounds to the whole centre field.

Special FX!

Bonus flythrough gif -
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/OldEnchantingHornedviper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Does anyone remember when GW moved to white metal rofl

Yep. All of my metal chaos marines with heavy weapons are lead.

Also all my OG Necromunda stuff.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Significant exposure to lead would explain your posting

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Slowly making progress!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

PaintVagrant posted:

Is it good? It looks up my alley.

I previously only played a :filez: version of it and liked it so I thought I'd better make an honest women out of it (also the one I had kept trying to virus the VM it ran in). It's literally "What if Panzer Corps but Warhammer" so if that's your preferred flavor of jam then it'll be your jam.

Me? It's very much my jam-flavor so I'm smearing it all over my body.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why wouldnt the peer to peer multiplayer component of a niche 3rd person shooter released 7 years ago be on and popping?

:sigh:

also, you kids complaining about metal are adorable

I've seen YouTubers talking about FAQs and crap playing it while they talk :shrug:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Which flyer? You probably can just take it.

Storm eagle. I didn't spend money on it, won it in a raffle at event that runs twice a year. I feel obliged to field the dumb thing at the next event.

Then I might turn it into terrain.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Currently hoping and praying this tournament on the 9th will let me use the new IK codex.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Storm eagle. I didn't spend money on it, won it in a raffle at event that runs twice a year. I feel obliged to field the dumb thing at the next event.

Then I might turn it into terrain.

Yeah, you can just take it as long as your marine detachment has an open flyer slot.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Big Willy Style posted:

Wasn't there some EU law that forced them to move to white metal?

I don't know about the EU, but in America lead was banned in use for a ton of things after a groundwater survey turned up Too Much Lead in the water table.

IIRC, the sampled area was an apartment building built over an old national guard shooting range, and the military couldn't be bothered to properly decontaminate before selling the land. Whoops!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lead bad but on the other hand it’s nice and chewy and has a sweet flavor.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Is hand drilling metal miniatures workable? Tadhg, did you do that by hand or with a dremel or dill or something?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I put together 6 eldar war walkers and magnetized all the weapon options with a majority of the from white metal. I used a palm drill to pin and make the holes for the magnets.

This was about 4 years ago and my fingers still hurt.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
My favorite part about finecast is carving out all of the details on the model that have been filled in with resin triangles

No wait, it's packing the model in a transport case and finding that it has been bent out of shape by the foam it was pressed up against.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

LingcodKilla posted:

I put together 6 eldar war walkers and magnetized all the weapon options with a majority of the from white metal. I used a palm drill to pin and make the holes for the magnets.

:same: but replacing spear shafts with brass rods and 12 years ago.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DiHK posted:

You were playing Custodes 12 years ago?!?

:aaa:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Warmachine

:commissar:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

I made the mistake of trying to drill through an oyster shell. I regret my life choices.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Cessna posted:

The only Sister who has fallen in canon is Miriael Sabathiel, who fell to Slaanesh:

Which is sadly predictable; apparently old GW thought women = sex, thus Slaanesh. Personally I prefer the Khorne idea.

1d4chan posted:

MUH RED RAEG their khronate lolololo *insert rape link*

She didn't fall by temptation or whatever, but chose to follow Slaanesh for reasons I do not recall. I think a feeling of betrayal by the Emperor?

E: My favorite Finecast moment was playing Necrons and wanting characters and having only one be in even remotely acceptable shape after cleaning up like seven different ones. I'm not brave enough to open up the Blanche Sister of Battle to check.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

DiHK posted:

Lol yeah the tiny avatar was monster to fix in lead.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
This is the best purchase I've made for working with metal miniatures, and a close second for working with resin ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Engraver-Cor...hing+tool&psc=1

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Schadenboner posted:

You were playing Custodes 12 years ago?!?

:aaa:

If you like drilling spears into hands, try Ancients!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheBigAristotle posted:

I've seen YouTubers talking about FAQs and crap playing it while they talk :shrug:

Thats eternal crusade you've seen, gameplay wise they're very similar though its somewhat more janky.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Cessna posted:

If you like drilling spears into hands, try Ancients!

What I love about these is that you can and absolutely will impale your face on them at some point.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/01/codexes-kings-cawdors-and-more/

Wolves & Orks are up next, followed by this chap

Also

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
MORE CUSTODES??? :argh:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Aww yis, Religious Fundamentalist Sewer-workers!

DiHK posted:

What I love about these is that you can and absolutely will impale your face on them at some point.

TLOS claims another casualty.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No new models announced for Orks. Looks like if we are getting anything it'll be part of a campaign or something later in the year.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I haven't really been interested in Necromunda at all, but man Cawdor is really cool looking.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

DiHK posted:

They're a hassle to pick up and move around the table. If you're not paying attention and just reach down to grab a unit to move it you'll skewer your hand.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Oh, drat, looks like I'm getting into Necromunda.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

These look like they would be amazing cultists

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

What if 40k was Bloodborne

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Mef989 posted:

These look like they would be amazing cultists

TBH they seem like what Chaos Cultists should have been (albeit with the symbols swapped)?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though, I can't get over that RPG crossbow.

Orlocks are going to be my main gang, I have plans for a GSC gang and possibly Escher if I can ever get around to them, but Cawdor have shot up the list too. I always liked the Redemptionists in old Necromunda because of how loving nuts they were, and these new models do a good job of really capturing that.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 1, 2018

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hustlin Floh posted:

No new models announced for Orks. Looks like if we are getting anything it'll be part of a campaign or something later in the year.

Some more details from someone at the Expo:

"There will be models to go with the orks and that they would no longer be an awful army"
"Watch for Killteam on the community site in 2-3 weeks *nudgenudgewinkwink* and that the rogue trader stuff we have seen will be a part of kill team"
"For the cult, they did seem a bit sad that they couldn’t talk about the book yet, but seemed to say that the aberrations may be out before the book and that there was more to come for them. "

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Huh. The most surprising thing to me is the rerelease of the LOTR game.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Not just a re-release, a brand new box-set as well.

I’d dig a new Mumukul I’ll not lie.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

xtothez posted:

Some more details from someone at the Expo:

"There will be models to go with the orks and that they would no longer be an awful army"
"Watch for Killteam on the community site in 2-3 weeks *nudgenudgewinkwink* and that the rogue trader stuff we have seen will be a part of kill team"
"For the cult, they did seem a bit sad that they couldn’t talk about the book yet, but seemed to say that the aberrations may be out before the book and that there was more to come for them. "

sweet. I'm psyched for new kill team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oh, hey, GW finally released some Necromunda minis that don't look like lovely, weird, mispropotioned potato-people! These new Cawdor dudes are loving sweet!