Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the new kaiji is 2 cours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Like 24 hours later and I finished the new Yotsuiro episode :gbsmith: Gure is a good guy

A lovely show, the special ed was a nice touch too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh! This looks really cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SijUMOSkoLQ

also penguins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t96hYc5C24

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
jyashinchan

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Did anyone stick with Comic Girls? Was it good? I like the "girl sitting in a box" meme I've seen floating around these last few days.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agronox posted:

Did anyone stick with Comic Girls? Was it good? I like the "girl sitting in a box" meme I've seen floating around these last few days.

If you like Manga Time Kirara-style slice of life shows like New Game or K-On, Comic Girls is a nicely produced one of those. If not, there's nothing there that's likely to sway you IMO. I like it, but it's not blowing my mind or anything.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Then I shall begin watching immediately

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

comic girls has a lot of good gags and great character beats and it legitimately feels like the author is transmitting their lived experiences with drawing manga young and the insecurities that come with it directly into the work, but on the other hand the character gimmicks feel really, really forced and so a lot of the gags fall flat. the shonen girl didnt need to be a chuuni, she was already funny enough just being a lazy girl that draws shonen. her best line was before the chuuni thing was even established.

it just feels like it lacks self-confidence, basically, like the author wasn't committed enough to their characters to just stand behind them as they were, they all needed some kind of shtick. and i mean, new game had a couple of characters with gimmicks (guns, hamster, lesbian) but it felt much more willing to let a scene go by without cramming said gimmicks in there.

still not a bad show, mind. just one that could have easily been an a-list kirara manga time show like new game or yuru camp instead of a b-list one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of that probably also comes down to adaptation as well, mind.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

that's all of the new game characters though?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wotakoi is an effective ad for the upcoming switch Monster Hunter.

Edit: Lotta smoking this episode too.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 1, 2018

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

girls are planes now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I've seen Strike Witches too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

those are aces, clown!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They have the planes too!!!!!!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
witches aren't attached to one plane, a lot of them go through different models

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
and they all have preferred firearms but it's not like anyone calls them gun girls

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

we save that for upotte

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
when will they make a sol character who is guns, hamster and lesbian all at once

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

when will they make a sol character who is guns, hamster and lesbian all at once

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Gdi you beat me to it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't think being P90-sexual counts as lesbian

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sindai posted:

I don't think being P90-sexual counts as lesbian

Two out of the three isn't bad

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
poo poo i gotta watch the SAO thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh, hello there: https://kaguya.love/

Kaguya-sama anime confirmed for next spring.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

sold

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

it got boring halfway through, after doing a recap ep

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

aw :(

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
dog dont ruin this for me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hey there are five perfectly good eps and then a sixth where there's a weird hot guy. it's just he fucks with the stakes and tone of the story from then on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like it even after that ep. since people have the opinions of whoever posted last, that makes it good, now.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's like one of those '00s forum games

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

dogsicle posted:

it got boring halfway through, after doing a recap ep

who could have ever guessed that a sword art online thing would be bad.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its the worst anime ever made

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

GGO is good and I can't wait to watch the girl with 2 grenade launchers blow things up tomorrow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYpqxyDzC3Q

good! bad! good! bad! good! bad! good! bad!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

i like it even after that ep. since people have the opinions of whoever posted last, that makes it good, now.

drat, foiled. i hope dis enjoys the show

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the girl with brown hair dresses exactly like me down to the red glasses and she has a tall gf and that;s why GGO is an important work of queer art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

people talking about the new ep just reminded me of playing tf2 demoman and it sent me on a remembrance trip so strong i ended up not watching the new ggo ep at all.

• Locked thread